THR Groin Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Pug, it is so nice to meet another Sheet Snob. I find that if the thread count isn't at least 1000, I don't like the feel. I love good sheets. A couple of years ago, Target had their King-Sized 1000 thread count sheets on their Black Friday sale for $25 for the entire set (flat, fitted and 2 pillowcases). Needless to say, I bought 4 sets for my bed.
 
Hi Pug! I am so sorry its taken me this long to respond! Thank you sissy for tagging me! First off, let me give my condolences for the recent loss of your mom. That in itself is enough of an emotional toll let alone this surgery on top of that! I pray that you find comfort in your grief. Many, many prayers being sent your way.
As far as the groin pain goes, I am almost positive it is just a natural part of your healing process. I can't even begin to list all the wierd pains ive experienced in the last four weeks! But like everyone else has said....you need to have good pain management! I would advise that you insist that your Dr prescribe you something more helpful for the pain. I was prescribed Percocet as needed for the first two weeks and now am taking vicodin as needed for pain. Even though I am not needing to take it very often, there are still days that are harder than others, and you should be able to be without pain when necessary!
I am also sorry to hear that you were treated so poorly at the hospital. I cant imagine how frustrated you must feel:( I am so glad you found us here......you now have an amazing support group! Don't hesitate to use us:)
 
Had to ring up the hospital and ask when my first appointment (post op) is. Turns out its on 18th December, seven weeks since I had my THR. So I asked what I should be doing with regards to weight bearing as I'm still on crutches. After being transferred from one extension to another I was put through to the surgeons secretary. After telling her three times it was my hip and NOT knee replacement she said she would ring me back later. Of course that never happened so I am continuing with the crutches .....
 
How frustrating! Is there any possibility of getting mo ed to a different surgeon/clinic? I would be raising hell if i were treated that way! There should always be someone available to answer your questions and concerns in a caring and timely matter. I wish I could come swoop you up and bring you here! My Drs are amazing<3 I really hope you get the answers you need soon. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
 
:iagree: Pug, that is just ridiculous. Why don't you fix yourself a nice cup of tea (see, I watch Downton Abbey:snork:,) get comfortable with your ice pack or heating pad or both, and start dialing. Keep after them until you get an answer.

By the way, I hope Bexleyheath is as cool as it sounds. What a fabulous name. It sounds like it belongs in the Shire, with hobbit holes in the hills.
 
Foggymamma that's what you get on the NHS, you put up or shut up.... I phoned the ward where I stayed (again) and asked to speak to a physio. As luck would have it, a physio had picked up the phone. Se pulled my file and has told me that I can now put more weight on my operated side but stick with both crutches. Also she gave me some more exercises to do. I guess more weight bearing means the crutches are more for stability rather than support?
Sissy46 I did just as you said, made a cuppa and sat with the phone until I got hold of someone I could talk to. I did giggle at the reference to the Shire but so far I've never actually seen a real hobbit, but you never know!

Went to the hairdresser today, got a cool haircut and feel a bit more like myself!

Power to the BS warriors!
 
Yay, Pug! You got some answers! Good for you to have the persistence. That is so frustrating when no one will give you the proper information.

The crutches provide more than just stability, they are also providing quite a bit of support. Towards the end of my two crutch phase. I was mostly weight bearing and walking with both crutches, if that makes sense. I felt like I wasn't really relying in the crutches much. However, when I tried to switch right to a cane, I realized the crutches were providing more support than I thought. I ended up going to one crutch for awhile, and then to the cane.
 
Pug, I just knew you were a warrior!! :thumb:
I'm glad your persistence paid off. Now, about those hobbits....
 
Pug, I just knew you were a warrior!! :thumb:
I'm glad your persistence paid off. Now, about those hobbits....
I swear I saw some large hobbit like footprints in the snow this morning.....
 
Pug, I'm so sorry about your mother. I lost mine in the early part of the year....I still feel the need to pick up the phone and call her, and I just don't understand why I can't.

Such frustration you are having in getting answers!! May I suggest that you start compiling a list of EVERYTHING you want to know for your Dec. 18th appointment, so you don't come away with anything left unanswered. Poppet Didn't AussieMike come up with a great list of post op questions on his thread? Do we have that list saved anywhere?

But you are making good progress now, and the worst is behind you.

I do love a Hobbit Woods also. :)

Sharon
 
sharonslp Wouldn't you just love to live in a place called Bexleyheath? There must be hobbits....
I remember Mike's list and I think it is somewhere in his thread. It was a good one.
 
Oh Pug, you silly girl. Don't you know that crutches aren't just for stability and support. They are the weapons of choice for the International BS Warriors!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Groin Pain
 
I've got it! Aussie Mike to the rescue. P. 24 of his incredibly long thread. :) But here it is for you, Pug, if it helps.

1. RESTRICTIONS
Do I have to follow the 90 degree rule any longer?
Do I have to wear TED socks any longer?
Am I now allowed to drive a motor vehicle?
2. PAIN MEDICATION
What pain medication should I use from this point onwards?
When should I cease taking medication altogether?
3.EXERCISE AND SPORT
Am I allowed to jog now if it is pain free?
When can I return to the gym?
What exercises or equipment should I avoid at the gym?
When can I play golf again?
Do you think I would benefit from further PT?
4. LIFESTYLE
Given my pain medication when can I drink alcohol again?
Do you have any recommendations on long haul air travel?
5. REHABILITATION
Is there anything I should add to my daily or weekly routine that would benefit?


Just the title headings are useful for jogging your memory about things that are pertinent to you.

Sharon

Poppet never mind...I found it. Or rather Mike found it for me. :)
 
What a good list! Is there a way to make it sticky or archive it somewhere so it can be referred to easily?
 
Great list of questions, good idea to be prepared. Will sit and compile my own list.

While I have been less active it's given me time to sort out Mums estate. Been able to submit probate which will give me authority to sell her bungalow. I still miss her but its getting easier to think about her without getting upset.

Going out for a jolly today, Christmas shopping! Taking my weapons..... I mean crutches :ok:
 
Pug, you are an amazing warrior!
Have a wonderful day---I'm sending some Florida sunshine your way:SUNsmile:
 
All I bought was new kitchen knife and a non-slip mat for the shower!

I have been using one crutch instead of two, just around the house and it feels ok. Also I slept for an hour on my side last night, the operated side! I think I must have rolled over in my sleep. Recovery seems to galloping forward. My body still demands the occasional afternoon nap, but hey-ho I'm happy with that. :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom