Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Hi @Welshgirl! Thanks for checking in on me. Walking is still not great :nah: And it seems I overdid it the other day when the new furniture came. I was up and down to the floor quite a bit and I’ve upset things. My groin is really playing up. I’ve been taking it easy and icing. How are you going? Very well I hope!
Thanks @Mojo333 the mattress is not nearly as soft as the one I laid on in the shop :chinstroke: I hope I get used to it! We’re having a nice weekend. Went to visit Mum today.
 
Last edited:
Up and down to the floor was the last thing to come back for me after first hip @Gretel, and the first thing going this time around. Groin pain is so obnoxious. Glad you got furniture. Hope mattress works out. So nice you got to visit your Mum today. Cherish those visits.
 
New furniture....how exciting! Especially if it's comfy.
Sounds like you may need to sneak onto hubby's recliner with an ice pack
and accidentally fall asleep :sleep:
Sure hope the the pain subsides soon, @Gretel
Great news that you're having a nice weekend and managed a visit with mom.
Continued healing to you!
 
I'm sorry to hear walking is not quite there yet.... but it will be! You have to remember you had double trouble to deal with!! Glad you are icing as we all know how much that helps.
See that you have a new bed and furniture :0) funny how the mattress doesn't feel as sort as the show room... you have to figure that many people have tried the show room mattress out so will be softer! Just have to wear the new item in a bit ;0) χχχ
 
Here is our lovely Bree in her fashionable headgear recovering from having her eye removed. She’s doing very well.

I’ve done no stretching or much else and my groin is a lot better today.
[Bonesmart.org] Gretel post op<
 
Hi @Gretel
I'm happy to hear you're feeling better with some rest. I suppose you got overly ambitious
with the arrival of the new furniture. Hopefully you're enjoying it.
Maybe try to sneak in some naps on that bed under the guise of breaking it in.
Not surprised to hear it's stiffer than the store display. I've experienced that before.
The display model doesn't "feel" broken in when you sit / lie on it.
Then you're surprised when your new piece arrives and feels like you're sitting in a board! :heehee:

Bree is a sweet looking girl. Hope she's adjusting well, poor baby!
Warm wishes for a great week, Gretel :flwrysmile:
 
I’m feeling quite upset and anxious this morning. A very dear friend is battling a horrid disease and I’ve just found out she’s been admitted to hospital. It’s her birthday today. I’m going to visit her and I’m really worried how she’ll be.
 
@Gretel So sorry your friend is in hospital. Hope she is a fighter! Please let us know how she is doing.
 
Hi @Gretel
Well....all you can do is try to be as warm, loving and comforting as possible.
Staying positive unless things are looking really dire. Is she terminal?
Only asking because I'm wondering if your anxiety is based in anticipating her loss, or how she may appear if you've not seen her in awhile? Consider standing bedside and holding her hand as you speak to her.
You could talk of memories you've shared together in the past, in an attempt to take her mind off her illness for a time. Wondering how responsive she is....
Prayers for strength and courage as you prepare to visit your friend and that God will direct your conversation :prayer: Sending a warm hug too, Gretel :console2:
 
Last edited:
So very sorry to read about your friend @Gretel I hope your visit went better than you were expecting. Sending prayers for her recovery
 
So so sorry about your friend, Gretel. Especially since you have your own struggles.
Will keep you in my thoughts...
 
Thanks everyone for the kind words. She has dystonia which I’m only just learning about. It’s affected her in many different ways. She’s been admitted to a mental health ward and she’s really not in a good way. They are trying to get her meds right but meanwhile she’s very distressed and paranoid. It was so hard seeing her in such a state. I held it together till I left the ward but cried a lot of the way home.
 
Oh my stars Gretel. That is awful. I think I understand that it is a neurological disorder...I hope she is getting some medical treatment along with mental health treatment.
Wishing you peace...
 
Oh no your poor friend. How distressing for you. I hope they are able to find the right meds for her and that she is soon more comfortable in herself. Sending love and prayers
 
@Gretel So sorry your visit was stressful. I am certain it gave your friend some comfort knowing you visited. We are here for you!
 
Yay!
I know I was happy when I managed that.
Seemed at one point my life was back to firsts. First steps, first bm:sigh: first shower, first solo drive, first full night sleep...first toenail cutting.
Nice to not have to depend on someone for everything...
Hope you are getting better every day Gretel. I remember how endless it seemed sometimes, but after about 4 1/2 months.. I began to really believe it would be OK.
 
Thanks @Mojo333 still struggling with the walking but I’m trying not to dwell on it. I’ve just taken my darling Jersey for a wander to the park and back. 17 minutes without sitting down. My thighs were not happy but we made it!
 
Last edited:
Those sore thighs, I hear you. I felt like I had run a marathon especially in the mornings or after activity and then sitting for ten minutes...oh my stars:thud:
It hung around, those sore thighs...for quite sometime.
I can mash on my thighs and they still feel slightly tender.
They must have done some serious rearranging while they were working on us!:sorry:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom