Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Thanks @danabanana . Everyone has gone home now and I just feel so worn out. It’s been a stinking hot day here so there were six adults and four kids all squished in the lounge room keeping cool. We’ll be doing it again tomorrow but not as much to get sorted and it’s going to be cooler. Yay!
 
Hope today isn’t as stressful. While I love Christmas with everything going on today and tomorrow I am focusing on 6pm Christmas Day when no more places to run to and people coming over to house for Christmas will be gone!
 
Dear sweet, Gretel,
Watching and sharing in your story has been a wonderful part of my recovery.
From your anxiety leading up to surgery through your trials and triumphs in recovery,
it's been wonderful to share the journey. I know 2018 is going to be good!
Sending a huge hug and wishes for a very Happy Christmas and a blessed New Year!
@Gretel
 
Thanks @Layla , @danabanana and @MammaT I’ve had a lovely day today. Didn’t have to do as much work and Christmas lunch was delicious. Though yesterday I thought I was insane baking a turkey in that heat!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas :gbh::santa hug:
 
Just returned from Christmas Eve service-Christmas here in about 45 minutes. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas @Gretel andvyour hips carried you through!
 
Sounds like a perfect Christmas day!!!! It's just after 8:30pm Christmas eve for me. We had our turkey dinner and just finished dessert. I'm back icing my hip from standing around. Anyhow, so happy your day has been a good one!!! ❤
 
Hope you have a Good Day, Gretel.
Keep on keeping on...I was still icing every chance I got at five months out.
Still do when I've overdone it.:ice:
Good excuse now that it is so hot where you are.
I'm jealous...love it hot.
 
I didn’t realise I’d be icing this long @Mojo333. Thanks :) We’re going to tackle the sales today. I figure I’ll sit every chance I get. It was relatively cool Christmas and Boxing Day. Only about 23 c but I still went in the pool yesterday at my sister in laws :)
Have a great day!
 
Crazy 2017 with double surgery for us and new bionic hips.
Hope all continues to get better and 2018 brings us new adventures and renewed health. I'm guessing you are still struggling as it seems like it was really 3-1/2 months or so before I staying seeing some real normal.
Hippy New Year, Gretel.:martini:
 
Thanks @Mojo333. my hips are feeling strong! But still having trouble walking. My back is most unhappy :badspidy:
I so hope I can get around better soon. Happy hippy new year to us all!
 
Hi @Gretel
Been mentioning you around here and there. Thought I'd stop by and
wish you a a happy new year! I hope this year not only brings you continued healing
but also peace, joy and many blessings!
 
Gretel. Sorry your back is still bothering you. Mine bothered me quite a bit with all the laying/sitting.
I would get concerned about whether it would improve as lower back pain and sciatica was my main complaint prior to diagnosis.
I have just intermittent days of back pain now...most likely from work related activities.
We may still have some work to do, I'm considering chiropractor but it does seem to get less and less as I walk better.
Work on keeping those hips get well, as you can walk more, and side sleep...may ease more and more. That was close to 4 months out for me really.
 
So sorry you’re having trouble with your back. Back pain is so miserable. I have a wonderful chiropractor that keeps mine under control. Will be glad when I go back to see him. It’s not been too bad, mainly first thing in the morning and at the end of a walk. It gets iced along with the rest
 
How's your back feeling, @Gretel

Mines been disagreeing with things lately, but I attribute it to the LLD...and honestly, I'm just throwing my hands in the air like I just don't care cuz, pfffft....it's a new year, it's gotta be better than last, am I right? Sending ya hugs!!!
 
Thanks for asking Dana. It’s not great. Sorry yours isn’t happy either. I looked after a couple of grandkids today. They are now in bed. Hoping they stay put! I’m ready for bed.
 
Hope you get some rest @Gretel.
Sorry you are still struggling.
Give it a little more time ... we had double to come back from....night.:console2:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom