Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

I know the time difference is weird isn’t it? My appointment has been changed to Tuesday afternoon so not as long to wait.
 
I JUST got new shoes, um 7 months out...ever the procrastinator. All surfaces concrete as job is housed in old school...concrete walkways, linoleum over concrete...my lower back is happier at the end of the day.
Just retraining all that bad stance/gait annoyed different muscles.
Good luck with working out what will alleviate ongoing issues.
Time will heal alot.
It was around month 4 when I really began to believe I would get through all of it so try not to get discouraged.
Hugs:puppysmooze:
 
Hi @Gretel, I wore boots yesterday for the first time since surgery and I have an achey, tight hip today. The boots are slightly higher than the trainers I have been wearing and I think that's what made the difference. A footwear change might help you and the physio sounds like a very good idea too.
It's cold and wet here, no snow but towns near us have enough to cancel events. A bit different to your weather I'm sure!
 
Same @EmEm. I did boots with little chunky 1 inch heel and my pelvis and lower back DID NOT like that angle after a few hours...
 
I’d not even thought about shoes. I’ve only worn some sandals so far. Been quite warm here.
 
Good news @Gretel on appt moving up to Tuesday afternoon!
So let's see.....you'll be done with your appt on Tuesday and I'll read about it while I'm lying on the sofa watching tv on Monday night :rotfl:
 
I barefooted it through most of my first months. The bottoms of my feet are tough as shoe leather, and Freddy Flintstone (do you know that cartoon?) has nothing on me.
That didn't bother me at all.
It's when I HAD to wear shoes that it became an issue.
Got done memory foam sketchers...feel super comfy as hard surfaces at work and cold now.
Hope you have a Good Day Gretel girl.
Let us know what doc thinks!
 
Okay back from the physio visit. We drove an hour and a half when there are many many local ones. I was a bit worried it was a waste of time but I was very impressed with her. She spent over an hour with me, watched my walking and standing, asked lots of questions and studied my X-rays and reports. Turns out my walking is not as straight as I thought. I’m still waddling a little on the right side. And I don’t stand straight. I bend my right knee. I had no idea. She worked with me to change my walk and told hubby he was to quack at me if he saw me waddle :loll:
It seems my muscles haven’t been working well for a long time and that’s whats causing my problems. The way I’m walking is upsetting my back too. She’s given me guidelines for the pool and a couple of things to help with my thighs. One of them is lying on my tummy for five minutes a day. I laughed and said ‘tummy time’!
I’m feeling more positive now.
 
Glad you found session so helpful. It is true that our walk can be off and we don’t notice it. Hope you notice improvement soon.
 
Love the tummy time, back to our new baby analogy! Sounds like it was worth the trip to the physio.
 
Glad you got some constructive feedback. I have to remind myself to straighten up, shoulders back...engages core...as I had terrible stance for years with bad hips.
It took time for us to get out of whack, so will take time to correct.
We'll get it...Have a great week, Gretel.
Tummy time!:heehee:
 
Good morning (for me, 6 am) Gretel.
Hope you are doing well.
Two months is still early so I'm guessing you still have plenty of stuff going on with your legs.
I think about 4 months out things got where I could get up without feeling like it was all about my recovery.
My thighs were sore for quite a while and at two months the weird zingers became more prevalent.
Do you have any of that?
I hope you are doing well and wish you a good holiday.:box:
 
Hi, sorry I’ve not been about as much. I love tummy time @danabanana :loll: It’s so relaxing! I’ve been going to the pool every couple of days and enjoying that. And I’m still concentrating on walking properly. I still can’t stand or walk long though. This plateau has lasted over five weeks. Aaah!
I’m sure I’ll not be the only one but I’ve overdone it a bit. The Christmas cooking and cleaning. Now sitting here icing.
I hope everyone is doing okay. Things get a bit crazy around Christmas.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom