Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Your slow you go might not seem like it now...but will give all that stuff plenty of time to get settled.
You are doing well.
Plenty of time to strengthen and tone.
Energy drain is real...took months before I could get my stamina back.
When do you go for recheck?
 
@Mojo333 he doesn’t want to see me till March I think it is? I’m a bit concerned about my progress. A friend is organising an appointment with her physio for me. It’s someone she has a lot of faith in. I’d feel better with another opinion. I’m walking well and feel straight in the pool but not on land. I struggle to walk upright properly.
 
See what he thinks. It still is very early but be good to get their opinion I think. Just don't let them force anything and if anything seems to cause issues, last off.
I had some light physio 6 weeks after twice per week with a PT I had a lot of trust in...they let me dictate my capabilities and gave me tips and stretches that did help.
If you get overly concerned, try to bump up that appointment. X-ray's to confirm all is well really relieved my anxiety...or could confirm it is not new hips related.
Try not to project...one day at a time.
Will be praying all is well for you!
:praying:
 
I thought the tightness and stiffness would never go away but it slowly did. You have two hips trying to get back to normal functions, it makes sense it may take a bit for them to get in sync.
 
Hi @Gretel,
If you are concerned with your progress maybe you could talk to your OS or their PA
over the phone expressing your concerns. They'll either ease your mind or decide to bump up
your appt. can't hurt to try, if you're really bothered.
If not.....just continue to heal, enjoy life and motor around on scooters running people over :heehee:
Hope you have a great weekend :loveshwr:
 
Just sending good mojo your weary my bilateral pal. It's been a journey...it wears on us.
But gets better...and you have done beautifully....so smile. You'll get there.:)
 
Thanks everyone :) I think it’s to do with how I’m walking and my body getting used to the way it is now. I’m going to go ahead with the physio appointment next week that my friend has organised. Apparently they look into how you walk. She’s gone to a lot of trouble to help me and I think it might help me stop stressing.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We’re just back from the movies. We saw Goodbye Christopher Robin. It was lovely
 
I'm happy to hear you are going with your friend next week, @Gretel
I'm sure you'll get some tips and probably reassurance you're right where you should be.
I think we collectively agree you're doing great! You've been an inspiration in strength
and determination to others.
Ups, downs, scooter crashes.....all of it! I've so enjoyed following your journey!
Hugs
 
These time differences are so crazy!
It's Sunday for you @Gretel and you've already been to a pool
and I'm lying on the sofa watching tv and on BS and it's SATURDAY night.
I haven't even gone to bed yet. It's only 9:30 pm.
It amuses me, haha!
 
I was thinking the same thing....it's 7:30pm Sat for me and I'm just lying in bed watching Hockey Night In Canada, cheering for my Canucks. Sunday still feels far away!!!!

That's so nice of hubby to join you! I am looking forward to being able to go to the pool. :swim: Not for a few more weeks yet.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom