Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Oh Gretel...I'm sorry you had a rough day. I guess I didn't read back far enough on your thread to see
you were feeling down. I imagined you were behind the wheel, tearing up the town with your new found freedom. Not so....you were tired and sore instead.

Sure hoping Friday was better for you :console2:
@Gretel
 
Thanks @Layla I'm being a misery guts. Hopefully today will be a better day! My knee has been really sore too. It’s been years since my knees have troubled me. I’m going to go to the lovely warm hydrotherapy pool this morning. I know I’ll enjoy the water :)
I hope you have a great weekend.
 
Thanks @Mojo333 it was good. Not as I expected though. I thought walking in the water would be easier. It wasn’t really easier but it was different? I really needed to concentrate on how I was moving. I took it very slowly :)
 
I know, right:unsure: Like having a stubbed toe, nobody ever steps on your foot until you stub your toe, jeez!
My surgery was anterior. My thighs were so numb then zingy, still are a little.
Sitting next to him on the couch he will lovingly pat or rub my leg...finally, I said I know you mean for that to be comforting but it is annoying as can be.:nah:
Poor guy.
 
Hope today is better day @Gretel. It seems like whether it is one hip or two, recovery can be one step forward, two steps back at times. I was eager for side sleeping and had the same problem. Slowly it came around. Nice you have chance for hydrotherapy. I get what you mean about the walking being different.
 
Hi @Gretel
I hope the knee pain isn't continually bothersome.
As if bi-lateral recovery isn't enough. Hopefully it eases soon.
Wishing you a great Sunday Funday!
 
Thanks @Layla my knee feels happier today. When I was in hospital a visiting doctor looked at my legs and asked did I have trouble with my knees. I replied that I had in the past but all good for years. He then pointed at my left knee and said, “you’ll be having that one done first”. I’d have kicked him if I could lol And yes of course it’s the left knee playing up again.
 
How was your outing? I hope the movie was able to transport you into another world for a few hours @Gretel !

It was just a few days ago I realized I could go to the movies comfortably if I choose a theater with reclining seats -I’m looking forward to going!
 
It was good except the seat was not too comfy. But it was my knee hurting more than my hips. Then my double vision kicked in (It’s worse when I’m tired and I’d had a bad night). And the tiredness kicked in and I was fighting to stay awake lol So I’m sitting there with something shoved in my glasses to cover one eye so I can see properly, trying to stay awake. It turns out hubby was trying not to nod off too!!
 
That’s quite the picture - I can see it now! I was going to ask what movie, but since both you and your husband were fighting sleep I think i’ll skip it.

Do you have any theaters near you with reclining seats? I think I will stick with those for awhile, but they are so comfy that I feel sleepy even while watching a good movie!
 
Hi Gretel,
Part of your post made me feel bad for you but I couldn't help but laugh at
the end where unbeknownst to one another, you and hubby were trying to stay awake
for each other. It's sad and sweet and comical all at once! Hope you're able to get that knee pain
under control and have a great day!
@Gretel
 
Yes apparently I was wiggling about in my seat at one stage and hubby thought I was going to ask him to leave. He said he wouldn’t have minded lol @Knitquilt we’ve none close by. But I’d probably fall asleep anyway!
I went for my first drive this morning. Went fine though I’m a little sore so icing now.
 
If it helps....when I first started driving I couldn't sit in the car long. I felt my car seat curved up just enough to
bother part of my incision. Also the seat belt buckle seemed to land over it.
I started taking one of those frozen gel packs with me if I was going to be in the car over 10-15 mins. I'd place it on my incision / under the seat belt. It helped!

I believe you had anterior (?) so nothing would lay the same as it did for me but you may find placing those ice packs on your incisions to be soothing while driving in these still early weeks.
Just a thought.... @Gretel
 
Thanks @Layla good idea to take ice. We’re going to visit Mum next weekend so nearly two hours each way. I’ll definitely take ice! I’m posterior. Doing a lot of ice sitting lol
 
Oh my aching rear. I did forget you did posterior and wondered how folks sit on ice packs and get comfy.
Glad all this is temporary.
Wasn't much better for me. I was always so happy to get out of the car after 20 minutes or so.
Thankfully the distance between my home and work is less than ten minutes.
So happy you are getting better...hate those "faint" spells you are still struggling with. I had some of that but I attributed it to the pain meds and the very hot summer. As much as I love outside, it would give me dizzy spells and i got paranoid I would fall.
 
Ice packs remain my friend. I keep one at work and use it with some regularity. Good idea for car trips--had not thought of that!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom