Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

@EmEm breastroke is my favourite lol I’d already planned to go to the pool on Friday and just walk a bit. I think it will help me. I’ll keep it very short to start. We have a pool not far away so I can combine my first drive with it. I’m sure he’ll clear me to drive. I’m going to be most upset if he doesn’t. Though to be honest it’s sleeping on my side I’m hanging out for most. Last night was another bad sleep.
 
Hope you get all the best news at followup.
Do you feel kind of like a super hero...Miss At-the-Same-Time?!?
You are doing splendidly....
So proud for you.
Still early days for bilateral..behave yourself!:curtsey:
 
Great news @Gretel
All those milestones feel like such progress.
Hope you sleep soundly tonight in your most comfy position.
Lookout....Gretel is back on the road, rarin' to go!
 
Easy does it in the pool @Gretel ! It's very easy to over do when you are weightless in the water. Take it slow and steady.

Did your OS mention any restrictions on particular swimming strokes? Mine have always said no breaststroke due to the type of kick involved.
 
Okay so sleeping on my side didn’t work. I’m back in the recliner with ice packs on two sore hips from trying to lie on them. Boo hoo! I know that won’t come as a shock to those who’ve been there. I was hopeful though... This too shall pass. I miss sleep.
 
@Jaycey thanks. I’ve been known to overdo it in the pool in the past so I’m going to be very careful. I’m going to just do some gentle walking. Though I’m not sure if I will go this morning now since I’m sore?
 
Okay so sleeping on my side didn’t work.
Still early days. Just keep trying. In my experience at first I was sore and could only lie on my replaced hip for a very short period. But it does get easier. You'll get there!
 
Thanks Jacyey. I’ve got an attack of the miseries. I’ve been in the recliner for nearly two hours with ice and hips are still sore and so is my knee. It’s nearly 4 am and I’m tired and want to sleep!
 
Oh @Gretel, I feel your pain. I was so sure sleeping on my side would be better but a week on from getting the OK from the OS I still can’t spend long on my operated side. I did fall asleep on the other side but keep returning to my back. I’m sure it’s much harder when you have a scar on both hips.

I wouldn’t try swimming just yet if you are tired and sore.
 
I can empathize, @Gretel - I was sleeping much better before. I think I would lie in one position and sleep. When I woke up I would be in the exact position - no tossing and turning. Now that i’m feeling quite a bit better, I’m tossing and turning all night. I was told I could sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, but when I try, I’m sore after a few minutes and constantly worried that my leg may not be in the right position. I feel like i’m Wrestling with pillows all night.

The day after little sleep is awful, too. I feel like I’m sick, even though I know I’m not.
I see the PA tomorrow and will ask her if maybe I should be taking more pain pills at bedtime.

Sorry, no magic solution here, but I do hear sleep will finally come...
 
I see it now....Gretel out tearing up the local roads. FREEDOM!
Where did you choose to go on your first adventure, Gretel?
Tell us......
Wishing you a great weekend!
@Gretel
 
Hey @Gretel. So sorry you were disappointed...and I do know how it is.
Everyone is different so didn't want t rain on your parade about the sleep thing...but I DID figure it might go that way. It happened the same way for me.
Not helpful now, I know but it was almost 4 months before I could sleep all night and still can't sleep all night on one side.
It will get better.
And everything you do something new might bring up a pain as all gets readjusted. Just do only for short times.
I wouldn't notice I'd pushed a little much until I stopped.
It is a slow journey, but you will get there, as I did.
We don't have one to deal with, we have two.
It does get better...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Gretel post op<

We do get there!:wink:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom