Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Happy birthday to one of my favorite hippies! I hope you have a wonderful time on the coast - it's such a lovely area! Make sure little Mojo gives you lots of extra snuggles!

:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Thanks all for the well wishes. I had a great day...but fish were not exactly cooperative. One of my dear childhood friends went with us and that made it extra special.
I am truly grateful to get back to life without hip pain.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
How does it feel to finally be 21?
56 feels infinitely better than 50, thanks to new hips.:yahoo:

We did lots of swimming since fish weren't biting, and I swam at one of the bluffs...when I got really bored.
Check out the picture I got within 5 minutes of getting back in the boat.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

:shocked:
 
You are just SO cute, as is your friend. So pleased you had a special day ... and avoided that croc ... or is that an alligator? :what:

Have a peaceful week.

[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy Izzy xx
 
@mogo333 Love the picture miss cutie pie. Nice tan. And you southerners are crazy swimming with alligators. We have friends who were born and live in the south, they scare me with their stories of swimming in the ponds and lakes where alligators lurk. Hummm. Nice you spent it with your childhood friend.
 
When I lived in Alabama, we used to take our boat on the Tennessee River. I drove the boat, hubby skied. Near Guntersville there were horror stories of skiers dropping into beds of water moccasins :shocked: with sad results. :sad: We stayed well clear of that area.
 
@Izabel
It was a salt water alligator.
Very chilled, just couldn't believe he was cruising so close to the boat.
Most critters do try to avoid people.
He might not plan on hurting me, but if I would've been in the water...he would've probably made me hurt my self.:heehee:
 
Last edited:
Thought I would update my recovery thread...
I have had what I consider to be a stellar recovery and for the most part all niggles along the way have resolved.
Having a very physical active job has been helpful mostly but due to the amount of bending, lifting, and contorting...I can have aches and discomfort...mostly in my lower back and SI joint mostly toward my right side which has affected mostly my sleeping. Also a little bit of golf ball in the butt feeling from time to time...still!

Since my back pain was my main complaint before BTHR, I have had cause for pause wondering if this will worsen and affect my new hips and I was too nervous to seek chiropractic care.
I had my GP refer me to PT as I am far enough along to feel confident in some of the prescribed exercises.

I was taken back a bit when the therapist mentioned an LLD- shorter on the right side...that he attributed to tight hip flexors, more noticeable on right side.
I have been resolving this...yes! it has been helping:yes: with a very easy does it regimen of the following stretches and exercises. I do them daily and most are lying down with the exception of the standing hip flexor stretch done on steps at work several times daily. Very helpful.

Standing hip flexor stretch
Supine Piriformis Stretch

For SI/back:
Single knee to chest exercises
Heel taps
Pelvic tilt
Low trunk rotation


All of these can be done at home but the PT begins my biweekly sessions with ultrasound therapy (aaaah, feels so good) and ends with a TENS therapy and a kinesiotaping.

The first year, it was hard to tell what needed "work" and what needed babying..
So most issues resolved over the course of first 14 months.

I am sorry this is long...but wanted those who have followed me and know that I regularly sing of the life reclaimed...that there can be some tuneups that are helpful.
My body continues to be used vigorously daily...and it isn't always about the hips.

Hope this may help someone who sees similarities in SI issues.
I went from 90 percent great..to 95% with these helpful tools.
:yahoo:
 
My BS village held my hand through the pre-surgery days of :flabber:, and :beg:
Rallied behind me in the first weeks of :bawl: and :sigh:
Encouraged me through the next months of :cry:and :bored:
Cheered me on though the milestones:yay:
and helped celebrate my victories....:cheers:

I am in great shape, despite the few ongoing back issues, and have never regretted getting my hips replaced.
Keep the faith, newbies...it will get there.:ok:
 
Such a great update, Mojo. Thanks for sharing!
I'm happy you've found relief.
 
@Mojo333 - I'm thinking about you with Dorian strengthening and heading towards Florida. Hopefully you won't have the impact of the high winds but it sounds like you're in for a "gully washer."

Just remember - even double hippies like you can't outrun a hurricane! Stay safe - there will be even more needing your help afterwards (plus, we're kind of fond of you)!
 
Back
Top Bottom