Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@Mojo333 Love your picture with that huge bass! Happy to read that your foot is on the mend. Hoping your hips are still happy after a spell on crutches. Hope you have a great week! ❤️
 
:hi: Thanks @Fit4Family
This time of the year my house gets severely neglected...every weekend when I need to catch up on cleaning...I use the excuse "This may be the last warm weekend of the year."
I do this until approximately Thanksgiving:wink:
Foot is fine, thankfully, as the altered gait was drawing out aches and pains.
I have been doing the exercises I mentioned in earlier post to keep hip flexors from staying so tight and some light core exercises to keep my back/SI joint from flaring up.
My job requires so much lifting:sigh:
No pickups today and good, as we have much needed rain.
Keep on keeping on, hugsxxxx
 
Mojo333 so sorry you are having to endure this..I was told it would have been better if it had broken it would heal faster...
You have a wonderful group of helpers , let them help!
Nature is waiting ,peace is near so therefore healing is too.
 
You have a wonderful group of helpers , let them help!
:umm:Um...sometimes. Sometimes my patience with delegating is lacking...I tend to ascribe to the "if you want it done right, do it yourself" philosophy...but you are right.
I should take advantage of the brawn of the young volunteers ...even if their common sense is lacking.:doh:
Nature is waiting ,peace is near so therefore healing is too.
This has always been my salvation...always working for the weekend.
 
If they don't do it...I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way...sigh...you know dishes are supposed to be washed. If that person delegated to do them doesn't..you know what happened , they pile up.
Today my body is worn out because I quit asking and just did it myself.
Don't be like me dear, while you are still young stand up for yourself.
 
I think of you as young always.
Like me...Hard headed too.:heehee:
I remember stressing over you hauling that winter wood in after your THR.:flabber:

You are right, of course.
Anything that has been used daily for over 50 years and is expected to keep working...needs babying some.

Hope your week is sweet!!!
 
Okay...just sharing a picture of my new spirit animal..Annie the owl
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

She has come out of the woods, which owls never do, to stand over me in the tree at my sister's pond and watch me fish.
Three days in a row...when I have come...she comes. Absolutely spectacular and amazing.
She let me share a small fish with her and even when little Mojo, my shihtzu, barks or runs about...she doesnt seem to be ruffled (well, no more than usual..her hee)
Glad I have wonderful things happen to me and at some point it isn't all about the hips.
I'm still smiling.:)
@Mudhen I thought of you and your owl today!
I buy Brome squirrel proof bird feeders. They work and are guaranteed for life. Lovely ladies in Quebec send replacement parts as needed, no charge, not even shipping. You email them pics or videos. They ship from Vermont so no duty issues.
They have a free birding newsletter at bromebirdcare.com. October is owl month and they are inviting folks to submit pics. If you are interested and can’t find them online, PM me for the link.
How are you?
How is your owl?
 
@mojo 333
Is your friend owl a Barred owl? She/he is absolutely beautiful! I have not seen one like that. We have in the wild Great Horned owls.
On our late walks they would start calling and we would stop to locate them. Sometimes they are near the house . I love to hear them..but then I love nature.
I had to give up my late and very early walks due to a panther prowling.. ..
 
Yes, a beautiful barred owl @Mudhen :)
I feel so privileged to have her gracing me with her continued presence.
The Great Horned is magnificent in it's own right.
 
Hi @brookeo :wave:
So glad you found the forum...as you can see, it was a great source if comfort and information to me as well.

I know this is all kind of scary...but I hope you also saw that things were all temporary and I DID get my life back.
:chuckmarch:
The waiting is the worst part...
Please consider starting a preop thread if you'd like...lots of folks ready to cheer you on, including me!
Let me know if you need us to help with that.:yes:
 
This is wonderful! No short sleeves outside today in my neck of the woods? Is that your little namesake?
 
Yes. Little Mojo.
He is 16 and would rather ride than eat when he's is hungry.
Beautiful day...60 degrees and sunny!
Loving this Sunday.:SUNsmile:
 
Aargh! You are killing me with that weather report. It's ok, we had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and also for 1/2 the day today,, but in the 40's. :flabber: the sunshine helps heaps, though.
You look great on the 4 wheeler!
 
Travelling tomorrow but still have all my Bonesmartie pals on my heart.
Thankful for my hips and thankful for being part of a fellowship of friends who all want to help one another through this hip journey.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom