Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@Fit4Family How neat!
Savannah is truly beautiful..and I'm super excited about this wedding which is somewhat surprising as formal, semi-formal, not so formal, really not formal events are not my forte.
My son has had some struggles but has come into his own..restructured his life to get in track to healthy and happy and found the love of his life.
I'm now praying as ceremony is on one of the beautiful squares and weather now looking iffy.:beg:
 
Sounds lovely. Weather always sounds iffy, it moves quickly down there. Happy for your son. Prayers for beautiful weather. ❤️
 
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather.

I'm like you on shopping. I know it's better for the local economy if I shop here but online shopping is more my style. I especially hate shopping for shoes because none of them ever fit my extra wide foot with a bunion. I got my feet from my father and we always joked that he should just strap on the shoe box.

You, my friend, need to find someone with the same size foot as you to borrow from or shop for you in the future!
 
I’m such an online shopper! I’ll order like 8 pairs of shoes and keep one or none even... but can’t stop ordering. The next few weeks at home should be interesting [emoji79]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wore heels to my sons' weddings, but I also took along some more comfortable flats for the dancing (after the mother/son dance where I wanted to look spiffy.) Once that was done, off came the heels, on went my flats, and away I went, dancing like a whirling dervish. Hopefully you'll get some time off of work before the wedding?
 
Speaking of shoes....I struggle with shoes as I did with hip #1. The pt at the hospital told me that my feet would settle after my new hip, and to hold off for a while on the new shoes. I have to walk..any truth in this?
Thanks for the drop in @Mojo333 :dancy:
 
The pt at the hospital told me that my feet would settle after my new hip, and to hold off for a while on the new shoes. I have to walk..any truth in this?
I don't know if you are noticing any significant swelling, but that's the only settling I could think that should keep you from getting new shoes.
The unhelpful wear pattern on pre-op shoes from our bad gait isn't good for new hippys.
I think you should get some @sequin98 !
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
My feet are wide too @SaraK
My mama said I have always had a good understanding:heehee:
I also have an incredibly high arch though.
Anyway, I went shopping yesterday and got two FUN pair of shoes...but didn't get wedding shoes.:sigh:
Got sidetracked...:whistle:
Oh well, there's always today and it MUST be done.
Good idea, Debru...will probably bring some flats with. My hips are good, but no time to even break in new shoes.
 
Last edited:
I wound up having to wear some glitzy flip flops to my son's wedding a year ago because at the last minute my feet would not go into my shoes at all. Luckily my dress was long enough to hide them. I am 5'2" and looked like a small child dancing with my 6'4" son. :)
 
Those are both cute but the pair on the left.... droooool!! I love them!!!!!! Sadly those are like high heels to me these days [emoji23]

I discovered a brand, Rothy’s, that I am obsessed with. Gorgeous flats- pointy toe is my fav, and other styles. Perfect for work! Pricy but made from recycled water bottles and I throw them in the washing machine as needed. I’m addicted, I have 8 pairs!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Fluevog.... love those! There used to be a Fluevog store in Bucktown I would browse


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
25? Wow, I bow to you!!!

(I realize I referenced a Chicago neighborhood in my post as if anyone would know what that was. Blame the pills)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Carriemay60 ---I'm short too--5'3'' and that's why I always try to wear heels if I am in photos, or when I danced with my boys at their weddings---No one else in my family is this short, and I always look like a kid sister without a little lift!:heehee: I'll bet you looked adorable in your blinged up flip flops. I had a pair of floral flats with a bow on them that I wore to my kids' weddings. They have become my "wedding dancing shoes".

Even though I like to look a bit taller, long before my hip went bad, I starting taking some fun flats whenever there was dancing for the reason you mentioned @Mojo33--most of my heels are not broken in for dancing, since I don't do it that often, or that well! Another good reason for me to have some flats on hand in case I break out some crazy dance moves, or dance too long! :loll:I hope you found your shoes!
 
Last edited:
So my hippy pals...Finally have shoes.:) :-) (:
Super comfy too.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Was going nude, but as I only had a few days left, and Easter had the few shops thoroughly picked through...this is it.:tada:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom