Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

On site insight.
I was so relieved to be rid of the neverending bone crunching pain...that after one year, I was willing to accept small annoyances that I could live with it.
Uncomfortable sitting for extended periods...especially in the car for long rides.
No high heels...too hard on muscles around hips.
Some groin pain after being overly active.
But little by little...and as time has gone on...these things too have resolved!:egypdance:
Just to say...there is improvement even after one year...:yes!:

Getting ready for a wedding.
My son will be married at the end of April.
A lovely spring wedding in an outdoor square in Savannah.
I will be standing tall, not hunched over in pain.
I shall wear heels (not too high...lots of cobblestones in Savannah:umm:
It is truly amazing the difference two new hips make!
:chuckmarch:
 
Mojo, congrats on your son’s marriage; is it your first? Meaning first child to get married?

I’m thankful for my one hip so far. Hopefully the other one won’t come too soon. Trying to build up where I can take the dogs to the beach and deal with the unevenness of the sand; that always aggravated the bad hip when I went, but the sound of the waves was always soothing to a large degree.
 
Walking is sand helped my gate and strengthen the leg and core muscles. Started out slowly and worked my way up. My surgeon said sand walking is a great muscle toner.
 
Yes..first child to get married...I have a daughter but she isn't allowed to get married:heehee:
Sand at the beach will definitely gone you a workout.:unsure:
It was six months out or longer maybe before walks on uneven ground didn't overtax my legs.
I remember walking about 1/4 mile across freshly plowed field when four-wheeler ran off of gas at close to one year mark!
Not good for my recovery...put me in the ODIC for days after!:swoon:
 
Ok then, when I get stronger, I'll look forward to the sand "exercise." The only problem is the dog-friendly beach I go to is a little challenging to get down to. Easy access, but the county just put down baserock (well, maybe a year ago) to aid hindering erosion on the access trail. Looks great, but felt a little treacherous with my bad hip, like my feet were going to slip out from underneath my body; my wife doesn't like going to that beach because of the same--it is a great beach tho'! We do have an alternative; a little more walking, but pretty much all flat. This is at the Half Moon Bay harbor, so not real breakers/wave which is just as well cuz the Flat Coat will swim more in the "calm" as opposed to the waves--smart girl, there is a lot of undertow where the waves are crashing around.

And yeah Mojo, same with our daughter; hope it will be a while. She's a gorgeous woman, but has a lot on her plate at the moment so glad there are no suitors knocking on our front door!
 
The ocean is very therapeutic..for dogs and people @Wayfarer
You've done great getting that new tie-rod and ball joint replaced...
Giving this the proper time is the way to go.
You will be golden by summer, I bet.
 
What are you doing tonight?
BoneSmart is pleased to announce our first Joint Kitchen Webinar!​

Our first session will address a number of non-surgical options for members who have had a hip replacement, have progressed beyond recovery, but are still experiencing pain in their hip. It's a unique opportunity for you to learn more about non-surgical options that may improve your situation.

The webinar will be hosted by Dr. Michael Ries and feature Dr. Jason Hammond. Both are experienced surgeons who will delve into the specifics of topics such as stem cell therapy, Lipogems, and Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy as it applies to patients who have unresolved post-surgical pain. While you normally hear about these procedures as they apply to pre-surgery patients, the treatments have also provided good results for some patients with post operative pain associated with unresolved issues in the soft tissues surrounding a new hip joint.

Here are the particulars:

Joint Kitchen Webinar #1
Date: February 6, 2019 8:00pm EST/5:00 PST
Host: Dr. Michael RiesArthroplasty Fellowship Director, Reno Orthopedic Clinic
Guest Speaker: Dr. Jason Hammond, MedStar Orthopedics


It's FREE and you'll be able to ask questions of both doctors live during the one-hour presentation.​

Time is running short to register for this interactive event to address your joint pain. Please take time to register now!
 
Be there, or be square :wink:
I'll be there!
Thanks for the reminder, Mojo :)
 
Happy Valentine's Day, Hippies!:loveshwr::loveshwr:

I got breakfast in bed...two hard boiled eggs and heart-shaped cheese toast:unsure:

It's the thought that counts!:heehee:

Be kind to someone who may not have a Valentine today.
Be the Reason someone believes in the Goodness of people.
Love Heals!
 
Aww, what a guy!
It IS the thought that counts.
Happy Valentines Day! :loveshwr:
 
Getting to relax and have fun without hip pain is amazing...Being in Nature is so cathartic to me. Even my hair looks wild:nah:
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
Fish fear me!
 
Last edited:
:realing:No fish stories coming from her :bigfish:She's provided evidence.
I give her kudos for even touching it. I think I'd quickly drop it and be looking for soap and water, lol.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

:yes!:
So I bought this dress for my son's wedding today...of course the above is a pencil thin model, but except the fact that it is navy, and I was actually trying to go with a more pastel color, I reckon it looks really good on me.
I shan't embarrass my son, or my mother who are accustomed (somewhat) to my unorthodox sensibilities!
Big shout out to @Carriemay60 and @bickypeg for their input.
My DH has a lovely sportcoat with khaki, navy and light blue plaid and I can always bling it up with accessories!

Plus if I ever need to do anything besides unload food trucks, run behind hapless volunteers , or ride the woods with my beloved dog, little Mojo...I shall be looking appropriate.:ok:


Main thing is...it's purchased so I can relax some!
 
That is lovely Mojo!! Navy is a great colour for Spring and also turns it into a all season dress! Fantastic choice! Think about doing your hair in a soft, romantic braid. If you really want a pastel, you could go with robin's egg blue purse and shoes or even mauve.
 
Think about doing your hair in a soft, romantic braid. If you really want a pastel, you could go with robin's egg blue purse and shoes
Exactly what I thought with my hair...gotta tame that wild mop somehow and straightening it looks lovely for all of thirty minutes with the coastal humidity!
Great ideas for accessories.:yes:

I got to the point where I would seriously dread any kind of special event...I was constantly weary from lack of sleep and pain.
I am truly happy to go and see my prodigal son who has worked hard to get on a successful path, begin his life with a lovely person!
Double hippy happy, and infinitely grateful!:loveshwr:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom