Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Certainly will make for a busy day.
Lots of small debris but we dodged any really bad stuff in my part of the world.
Lots of power outages but not my house or Food Bank!:ok:
 
Weekend was hectic with backyard outdoor wedding for daughter's best friend since middle school. I wore short chunky heels all day...as the ground was uneven and I was helping serve, etc. I made it but ditched the shoes for the reception.
All went beautifully!
Here's the maid of honor (daughter) and the bride.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
Last edited:
To all Veterans this Veteran's Day...Thank you for your service.

[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

My Dad at 18 years old - first tour in Germany with Air Force.
He went on to do two tours in Vietnam.
 
Have to share...some of our greatest distresses in life can come from our children...when we don't see them doing what we feel they should , it as a reflection of our parenting.
As with life, it is a fluid exercise of trying to to the best we can to instill the right values while encouraging them to "come into their own"
I always wonder if I have done this. (Especially when their actions often contradict my parental tutelage :oyvey:)
I received the sweetest thanksgiving message from my 22 year old daughter yesterday and it means everything to me.

I can never thank my mother enough.
That’s what it feels like to become an adult.
She taught me to dream.
To dream, in a world that’s harder to dream in than to just “be a part of.”
She taught me that movies are just movies.
But someone dreamt of that movie, and made it real.
She taught me life is hard, all of your life.
But only momentarily.
She taught me that mistakes will always be made.
More importantly she taught me how to fix them.
That’s how you dream so boldly, she says.
To not be afraid of hard times
To not be afraid to make mistakes
To not be afraid of failure,
because you learn
and you become inspirational.
So when you become an adult,
thank your mother.
Even if you think it’s not enough.

[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Now is that not the best?
 
I was actually very surprised, but yes...bursting with gratitude.
She's always been my drama queen and not always had it "together" but now I think...she just might be becoming an adult..
 
Way to go, Mama! Beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful and mature - I think you did something very right! I heard a Focus on the Family segment where he compared the teenage years as like astronauts going through reentry. You do the best to equip the with the materials and skill to get through it safely. Then there comes a time with a lot of static that eventually prevents any communication. During that time, you have to hope and pray they'll be ok. Finally, they break through and you can communicate and they're ok.

I'd say you have had confirmation of a successful landing and she's ready to "adult.". Congrats on a job well done!
 
That message from your daughter made me feel so warm @Mojo333 . I'm a mother of 4, they are a little bit older than your daughter, 3 in their thirties, the youngest one is 29. They all went through that difficult stage not wanting to communicate with mother and/or finding her embarrassing. We have a great relationship now. Your daughter is beautiful and those words in the message are beautiful. She certainly expresses herself well. You've done a good job bringing her up and she's done a good job growing up.
 
Aww, Mojo, That is so heartwarming!
Very thoughtful of your beautiful daughter to take the time to compose that.
As a parent, through the years, we guide them in a way we feel is best, many times through their tears, or dismay. We sensed the possibility of hurt, danger or disappointment when they didn't. On occasion I'd second guess myself, wanting to please, but stuck by my decision with the thought SOMEDAY HE / SHE WILL UNDERSTAND. Through the years we wait patiently and that appreciation and understanding does finally come. And what a big pay off it is! You've done well, sweet mama. You should be proud.
 
I heard a Focus on the Family segment where he compared the teenage years as like astronauts going through reentry. You do the best to equip the with the materials and skill to get through it safely. Then there comes a time with a lot of static that eventually prevents any communication. During that time, you have to hope and pray they'll be ok. Finally, they break through and you can communicate and they're ok.
Perfect analogy...love this.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Me and my crew...offloading one of the many large donations that will likely continue up through Christmas.
People are inherently generous and good.
I will be having many long active days ahead, and though tired, my hips have not failed me.
Number one on my Thankful list...new hips!
Number two...my friends and family (that includes my BS pals)
 
Hope All Who Celebrate Have A Joyful Thanksgiving.
Everyone try to be nice and compassionate as they gather with family . (talking to myself!)

Thanksgiving...bringing out the best in family dysfunction since 1621:)
 
Hello Grateful Double Hippy!

I'm case I don't make it back to the forum prior to 2019, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I got Life back with both barrels. Man, this fall has been busy!
 
Best wishes to you and yours at this very busy time of year.
You sound like a wonderful Mom and have a fabulous daughter.
Do glad your hips are giving you pleasure
 
Thank you @Mudhen
I muddled through raising my children as I did my bilateral surgery...preparing for the worst...praying for the best.
I am truly blessed.
Hope all is well with you!
 
Wheels grind slow in this area. I have working for far too long to get propane here. Finally this week!!!!! In the meantime I had a serious plunge into the overdoing club. I would so like to say take care of your hip(s). Carrying weights is asking for problems. I hope I do not have another 6 weeks of recuperation!
 
Year End Update.
Still a Grateful Double Hippy.

The last weeks would've been exhausting for anyone as I work at a Food Bank, but I feel extra blessed for the strength of two new hips !
Yesterday...I called 20 clients I have had on my heart, all single parent households with mothers working minimum wage jobs...struggling to feed their children and provide some semblance of Christmas.
They came and picked up huge boxes of food...Christmas Hams, and all the fixings, Christmas cookies and candies and lots of other treats. Very rewarding to see the gratitude in their eyes...

We all have personal struggles...but it does bring things into perspective when we can help others with whatever we have to give...many times, just a hug and a kind word.

May all my Bonesmart friends find it in their hearts to give a gift of compassion to those less fortunate and hope all have a wonderful Christmas!

:nativity:

Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox
That the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.
GK Chesterton
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
to all my Bonesmart friends!!!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom