Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@Mojo333, glad you're getting your dad sorted and that his meds came after your phone calls. Now perhaps you will be able to start getting into some normal routine, for you and for him.
Pity the cold's making you shivery and sore. I can't say I've had that problem. It's probably a good job because I had an October hip replacement and I live in the UK, where it's not renown for warm weather, and the North where the saying goes it's always an overcoat colder than London and the south anyway!
 
Raising parents is tough work @Mojo333. Hope your dad continues to heal.

Haven’t thought much about cold and hip. Had first surgery in August, second in February. Certainly easier to get out and walk in September. Maybe for up here, April would be best, then you can get good walking in before the humidity descends!

Take care of yourself- you are still healing too.
 
I made it through day. By Thursday will be in 80sF!
Good lord willing and the creek don't rise!
 
Oh Huge Hugs @Mojo333 I am so sorry you're going through all of this but equally grateful Dad has you.... imagine what would have become of him. This really breaks my heart for you and your family ... keep me posted
 
Thanks @MyAussieGirl .
I don't think I'm a good nurturer. I'm a good get something done person, cheerleader, etc. But I don't have alot of patience with him now that he is out of hospital because he doesn't do what he should. I'm not good at understanding self sabatoge.
He's beginning to worry me.
His decision making is not the best anymore and I'm not sure if it is exacerbated by his condition, his age, or just plain stubbornness.
He's allowed to be stubborn, but I don't sympathize well when he is reaping the consequences of his bad decisions.
He will not chill out for anything!:gaah:
 
:blush:I know it MammaT.
I DO know.
But he's driving me insane this week after advocating so much for his care last week, I just want him to take care of himself.
He won't be able to drive for 6 weeks and had a list of ten things he wants to do and places he needs to go for the next week.
Just got out of hospital.
DH is worn out too. He is retired and 19 years older than I and Dad just assumes he is a permanent chauffeur.
We say instead of "Driving Miss Daisy"
Driving Joe Bill.
Just as exasperating...and he is so negative and gripey!:oyvey:
Hope I'm a nicer old person.
 
I will pray dad chills but ya know some people don't or can't. I am a bit like you with people not taking care of themselves but hey we tend to over worry. I feel for your hubby too...but dad IS home. YAYYY

Love ya.... @Mojo333
 
Oh you poor thing! So sorry to hear about your dad and all the dramas you’ve all been through! :console2:
 
I know it's still frustrating to you, but he's had a lot of change in the last year. Retirement can be so hard on some people. There's a loss of power and control and having to depend on others instead of having others depend on you. It's hard for us, too. I remember realizing how much my father had aged when I wasn't looking when he hired someone to do a fairly simple plumbing repair - something he used to do for others. All of that can set off a negative reaction - almost a new toddlerhood. Maybe if you find ways to give him a sense of control over certain things (like giving toddlers defined choices) or asking for his opinion for work when you don't really need it (and may not follow it) it might have an impact on his attitude.
 
Hugs to you @Mojo333. I don’t know how you do it between your dad, the food bank, and being there for all of us. You are truly inspiring! It must have been so scary for you when you first showed up and your dad was so sick he had to go to ER and then they didn’t know what they were doing. Your dad sounds just as stubborn as @Layla’s mom. :console2: sending hugs and prayers your way. I know this is a tough time right now.
 
So anyone who happens to follow me, let me say I suppose trouble comes in threes (Mojo333:heehee:)
Not funny, really.
Sister had half foot taken off 3 weeks ago due to diabetic complication, dad had pacemaker installed last week, now nephews wife...mother of my sisters 5 year old grandchild had grand mal seizure, she is epileptic, and was confined in seatbelt in car, and it broke her back.
In surgery now to hopefully repair. We will know in 5 hours.
I will be somewhat absent or in and out but know I will catch up on my recovering bonesmarties very soon.
Healing hugs to all.
PS - hips still good:dubious:nerves shot!
 
So sorry to hear this - count me among those sending healing thoughts and prayers and hoping all turns out well! I hope you can all find peace and strength to deal with the hours of waiting and what you find beyond!

Good things come in 3s as well - hips are good, dad is healing . . .

Hugs! :console2:
 
Hips are good....dad is healing.....it's Fri-yay!

Hope you find time to hang at sis's this weekend, spending time in nature and maybe a lil :beer:
Offering love and support to dad and sis is all you can do and you're doing that.
Hopefully you're able to get some R&R this weekend.
Prayers for peace for you and healing for all family members.
 
Nephews wife in recovery...all seems to have gone well. Two rods and eight screws after 5 hour surgery.
No nerve damage so good news. Week in hospital, back brace for three months.
Hoping to have some outside fun for sure.
80F weekend AND sunny:SUNsmile:
Me and Mojo the dog AND a ride on Ruby, the ATV...she just had double hip replacement (new ball joints) so let's dye some eggs, get some Vitamin D therapy, eat some peaches and get close to God!:yes!:
 
Given your history and how things have gone lately, this might not be the best weekend to exercise Ruby. Give her a little more time to recovery from her quadrilateral hip replacement!

So glad for the good news on nephew's wife. Sounds like some short-term discomfort but a much better long-term prognosis than you had feared.

Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the great weather (maybe you and Mojo can take a long walk to the fishing hole instead of taking Ruby).

:chuckmarch::doggie::froggies:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom