Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

I can stand straight and tall in shorts and flip flops...and be much more comfortable...but was nice to know I can feel good when I have to doody up.
Guess I won't be going to a wedding in cutoffs.
I will say even at 10 months out, you CAN overdo your activity.
After long weekend and too much doing at work this week, I'm feeling some achiness in groin.
Think it's due to alot more twisting motion than normally do...
Reminding myself to watch how I do things.
Don't want to mess up this good thing I have going on.
Hope all my BS friends have a Good Day.
 
Last edited:
Ten month hipversary today.
Where was I a year ago?
I was depressed and defeated.
Would anyone ever figure how to alleviate this horrid pain?
No interest in anything but making it through the work day so I can bring a check home.
So sleep deprived I was forgetful and unfocused and not doing a good job and didn't care.
At that point, had given up on prescription meds, over-the-counter meds, and the PT that was suppose to help.
I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything.
Only after the op, did I realize, as associates and loved ones were kind enough not to draw attention to it...that I also was apparently bent over, limping horribly, and had a permanent grimace on my face.
Now that I can LIVE, SLEEP, and SMILE again....I can only still be excited, grateful and amazed that my surgery can accomplish this in a span of less than a year.
Rocky road, don't get me wrong.
And still can overdo so that legs and groin will ache slightly at times.
All in all, back to life and thankful for Bonesmart's help on getting there.
Hugs to all!:loveshwr:
-Jodi
 
I can only dream of walking with no pain! Have come to realize, I traded one pain for another. No happy ending here!
 
Wish it were different @Berber7227 ! i guess it wasn't really trading 1 pain for another but peeling off 1 layer of pain. Hopefully they'll find the solution for this previously hidden layer of pain.
 
@Berber7227 , I truly wish that you had only the bad hips and that could've made all okay for you. Agree with SaraK, the hips were bad, they had to go.
The other issues hopefully will be dealt with. I continue to want all the best for you.
 
Last edited:
May I say, I'm not sure if I'm truly lucky my hips were the cause of all my woes, or if I should've felt despondent to be so healthy and have bad hips.
Was it a quick fix....no! It was a serious surgery, with some serious recovery.
But I did it. Slow, with stresses, and worries, and insecurities and feel tremendously lucky that at least for now, hips are good therefore so am I.
I could be stricken with some other ailment or hit by a truck tomorrow. It was about 4 months post op before I decided i had even made the right decision for replacement.
But I will be happy for how I am today...there are those better, and those dealing with so much worse.
Everyday above ground is a good day, right?
 
@Mojo333 your postings made me cry this morning. Just seeing you looking so lovely in those heels. Just wow! Can’t wait til I can wear heels again. (Just for an event—not planning on pushing everyday wear. ) You truly are an inspiration and I’m so grateful for you.
 
Happy 10 months for yesterday @Mojo333 I can so relate to your post unless you have been through this you can't appreciate the negative effect bad hips have on your life not just the pain but your hips are so central to your whole physical being everything you do seems to be hip related chronic hip problems impact not only physically but mentally on our wellbeing. A new hip is truly a gift its not an instant fix but given patience we all get there . Having just one fixed so far has made such a difference to my life even at this early stage, true nothing is certain in life, with one exception, but a positive attitude and a bit of perseverance can work wonders :SUNsmile:
 
You had 4 inches of snow this year Mojo? If you, you got more than we did in St. Louis! You did have warmer weather on average, though. I think I would have traded. Our friends in GB are getting th Beast from the East and now I hear they're referring to the US East Coast storm as a "bomb cyclone.". What a Topsy turvy winter!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom