Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@1GreatGran Always hope. Although I admit I wasn't sure he would ever make it. He had a freak accident when he was messed up and suffered a spinal cord injury in his neck...we were told he would be a quadriplegic, then a paraplegic.
One percent of the people who have good injury ever walk again, according to his neurologist. Miracles do happen
Is that what cleaned him up?
Nope, went right back to his addiction.
I quit enabling and going a d mentally said goodbye to him.
He has done this all on his own. I pray for your son.
He will have to decide he's sick and tired of being sick and tired and envision how good life COUlD be.
Most amazing part of recovery?
Dumbest answer in the world.
My hips don't hurt..they don't hurt!
I walk, I sleep, and they don't hurt.
Life without pain seems foreign and wonderful.
Hope you are also doing well.
 
@AgilityDog Glad to see you cruising about...I do think the ring is super unique....
He is very creative . And one heck of a guitar player also.
Hope the light is getting brighter in your tunnel.:loveshwr:
 
It's 80 degrees, sun shining. Mall crowded. NOT shoe shopping.
Wearing my sky high heels I haven't worn in 3 years and if my legs/hips start hurting...I'm taking them off! Humph for hoity toity dinners.
I have 3 hours to get some sun and fun.
Will try to send pic of me and my fancy duds.
 
@Mojo333 Great looking couple! I'm so happy for him and you that he was able to turn his life around. I have a brother who suffers from addiction so hearing success stories like your son's is encouraging. Many blessings on this new phase of his life!
 
Oh @Mojo333, you and your son share the same thing in your different recoveries- neither one of you hurt.

And you wouldn’t be first woman to kick off heels.
 
Good morning @Mojo333. Since I see you around the boards, I assume you survived the celebration for your dad. Hope hips didn’t get too upset with heels. Enjoy your outside time today, do something fun for those of us still on the sidelines.
 
Thanks MammaT. Yes, glad I was there for him. It was long, tedious, boring, did I say long?
Heels were okay, lot of sitting so..they were off as soon as i started across parking lot.
I snagged my stockings getting ready and flopped some nail polish on it to keep from running down past hem line.
Little too much, had to rip it off my leg:umm:
Today is all about relaxing.
I will play for you too.
You can get me back later.:wave:
 
Last edited:
Hey, Mojo
Happy to hear you enjoyed it, even if long.
I'll bet your daddy loved you being there for him.
Have fun playing today but exercise caution on things with wheels :bicycle2: < None of that
Happy Sunday!
@Mojo333
 
@Layla. Ever the optimist. I said I was glad I was there for Dad.
Did not enjoy, repeat, DID not.:heehee:
Ruby (the atv) has no wheels on the front:cry:
She is getting new hips (ball joints)
I am going to take Mo canoeing because he likes to ride and he can't understand why four wheeler is broken. Just stands by it and barks. Look how sad (and dirty) he looks.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
Hahaha!
I can't tell he's dirty....he looks fluffy.
He's thinking - I want to go bye bye in the car.....right now!
Canoeing, how fun.....enjoy!
@Mojo333
 
Thanks, Layla.
Hope your Sunday is sweet!:friends:
 
That’s great news. Congratulation to you all. Things are looking up. Hope you had a good weekend. :ok:
 
I had a terribly good day. Almost lost my lucky Spiderman pole in the pond, It slipped out of my fingers in the canoe when I cast but I could see the bobber, and when I pulled the line up I had a fish! Little, but still a fish.
 
All fish hooked count. I’m jealous, but glad you had a terribly good day-and you didn’t have to worry about heels or runs in stockings.:wink:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy So, much anticipated picture in fancy duds from boring banquet on Saturday night.
Yeah, hair already messed up as I had the window down in the way there, and I hate photos of myself.
But I WAS standing tall with two new hips and heels. At ten months out from bilateral, you are darn skippy I am proud I don't look like the hunched up old lady I felt like last year.
Recovery was a journey...still is at times..but even a boring stuffy event with new hips is way better than it was.
We CAN do this.
 
Last edited:
You dress up good @Mojo333. And I think the wind swept hair suits you. Glad you got to strut your stuff for such a special reason. I also hate pictures of myself. May get brave enough to post one sometime.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom