Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@hikejunkie Bonesmart was a life saver, as these new hips have also been.
The support here is phenomenal.
Some think my recovery has been unusually easy without adversities and that I'm braver than most.
A journey down my thread proves I was ever the same as most...anxious at times, hurting at times, unsure at times, whining quite a bit....depressed, tired...all the "good stuff" that comes with recovery.
Recovery. Getting WELL. Dealing with temporary situations carefully to make it to :happydance:
 
Last edited:
Look at that ring....Wowza. She said, YES....Yay!
Grand-babies on the way. Mojo holding twins, one on each new hip.
Oh wait....jumping the gun, wedding first. Go take some dance lessons and get out on the floor
and show them some bionic moves. I'm picturing you in the middle of a circle of clapping people,
shaking your mini KK! Put those new hips to work :heehee:
@Mojo333
 
Thank you...so happy for how he is achieving his goals under his own volition. Five years clean from drugs, less than 2 years from Degree and beautiful soul mate, in and out. So proud.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
Thanks all...very excited that life is good and hips are good and Bonesmart is good.
Have to show better pic of ring he designed himself
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

I am so happy these are the things I can obsess over, not bad hips.
 
It sounds like exciting times at your house @Mojo333 ! Congratulations to your son, his fiancé and to you as a future mother in law. They sure make a great looking couple and I’m sure you are super proud!! I think it is extra special that he designed the ring. :wowspring:
 
Regarding your dad's event - I gave up heels years ago (even before I started having hip problems). Feel free to stick with a nice pair of flats!
 
Just choose a pair of flats you can wear to your son's wedding as well. Then you only have to shop for shoes once! When you have wide feet like mine, sometimes it's tempting to just wear the shoe box. :rotfl:
 
Thanks, I'm very excited for him.
He has had alot of rough days where I wasn't sure if he would live to see 25...thought he might be dead by then, either by his own devices or I was going to kill him:skep:
A mother can only be happy as there are kids are it seems.
 
Congratulations to your son @Mojo333, they are a stunning couple!
Obsessing over something other than major surgery is always a blessing.
Good luck shopping for shoes. Recently I’ve found that getting a good supportive insert first, then taking it with me to buy shoes makes a big difference. I even have a pair of slippers that I love but would be unwearable without the inserts.
Have fun celebrating!
 
Lovely photo of your son and fiance @Mojo333 , she has such a lovely smile..... and a great bloke by all accounts! All down to his mum of course. Good luck with the shoe shopping. I feel as though I've been wearing trousers and trainers for the past year and tomorrow going out to lunch and for once would love to wear a skirt, but what shoes.....worried a change of heel height may not be a good idea. Will need to get this sorted before the weather improves. Have a good weekend.
 
Thank you...so happy for how he is achieving his goals under his own volition. Five years clean from drugs, less than 2 years from Degree and beautiful soul mate, in and out. So proud.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
I just started back reading your post. First congratulation on the engagement. The ring is beautiful. I am so happy for your son, he has a reason to be proud. My son still struggles with drugs, so hearing his story renews hope.
Now to you. We had surgery on the same day last year. My was posterior. I had the other hip done on September 11.
I haven't read all your post, but it sounds like you are doing well. I was so wondering what u found the most surprising during your recovery?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom