Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

That’s why I figure I should start today if I think I may need something before weekend hits. Pretty sure won’t need much more than one more, but golly it is tough for us now.
 
It is, you really don't want to run after that pain. And shouldn't have too. At one point my insurance wanted to hold things up, so hubby paid 14 cash for it. Big deal.
 
That’s what I figure. I am certainly not taking the max permitted, but I know that keeping pain managed does assist mobility which helps healing. Of course, I remember the days when they handed medication out like candy, which is part of why we are where we’re are.
 
@Mojo333 I just read about your most excellent corn meal adventure. That was funny in a masochistic sort of way.
We get cat litter from chewy, so every 6-weeks I get 200# of litter on my frontporch. We have 4 indoor cats. I use an appliance hand-truck to move it to the garage. However, it still has to get on and off...
One of my riding buddies took a job in Michigan so I will be riding solo a lot more. I still have the group of old-guys to ride with but even tho most of them are 'retired' that doesn't mean they aren't busy or that the weather will cooperate.
Hardly any rain or snow this winter but it has been colder than average since December. It seems every weekend brings teens and winds of 30-40mph. We are all crazy, but we ain't doing that.
Peace, Doug
 
It is supposed to be 80 here on Thursday and only 30-something on Friday. I'll get tan enough this summer when I reclaim the title of nicest yard on-the block, after a 1yr hiatus for RTHR.
 
Waffle House, all I'm sayin :wink: :loll:

Can't wait to hear details on proposal!
Sending love on Valentines Day, bud :loveshwr:
 
@Mojo333, I just saw your post about coricidin with the heart on it for hubby’s valentine. Best laugh I have had in a long time. That’s something my husband and I would have done. But really, after his help with this hip thing, not even a snickers bar at the check out counter?
 
You are right, totally inconsiderate of me. He doesn't do nuts, but a milky way might would've been appreciated.
 
Son is engaged to a beautiful sweet girl. She said yes , and called me crying and laughing at the same time.
He is very happy and that makes me super happy.
No plans for marrying until he finishes college in year and half .
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
    Screenshot_20180215-052506~2.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 245
Wonderful news about your son and girlfriend, now fiance. So does that make you mother in law in the making or are you already a MIL. And a super one you'll be.
 
Thanks @Tomgirl . My only other child is my 21 year old daughter who is unattached...thank goodness, so future MIL.
Just saw you popping in and about.
How are you doing?! It's two month hipversary, right?
Hope all is well!
 
Hi @Mojo333 It's 3 months today! and so glad to say everything is going really well, just the odd hiccup every now and then but on the whole just so pleased. BS has played a big part in my recovery and I count my blessings daily. And finally got a holiday booked for April so will get some sun at last. Life is good. I'm not on BS so much these days as I hate using my phone for it so it's only when I'm sitting at desk ...supposed to be working...that I visit BS. And I'm really trying not to sit at my desk for too long, need to get off my backside and MOVE. There is a great life after THR. Thank you.
 
Duh, apparently I can't count.
You certainly earned a vacation. Those little hiccups get fewer and farther between.
Can't wait for spring, I'm all for some Vitamin D and hydrotherapy.
Yay for Tomgirl and new hip
:egypdance::SUNsmile: :yes!:
 
Last edited:
Congrats o engagement and MIL in waiting status @Mojo333. I have three boys sondaughtso daughters in law were welcome. They’re being sensible waiting to finish school.

Think how much dancing you will do at the wedding on those hips!:spin::dancy:
 
Congratulations on your son’s engagement @Mojo333! How exciting for your family! I’ve just been going through your thread. What a journey you’ve had and so much support from here. Love the X-rays. You are rocking your new hips and are a complete inspiration!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom