Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Congrats on 9 months!
You've come such a long way, dear Mojo.
So very happy for you!
Here's to at least 40 more years out of those hips :cheers:
@Mojo333
 
Hey Princess you better be okay you haven't been here since MY last post GULP!!!!!
 
Spent alot of the day at food bank.
Local grist mill donated over 500 lbs of corn meal to food bank in 50 lb sacks and had to be picked up with no help to be found.
Quite a chore, not to mention one of the sacks burst in back of truck so by the time I got all unloaded and cleaned up I looked like a powdered donut! I went out to the country and poked a fire for a few hours to decompress.
Rain is forecasted for today so I'll pretend to search the Super Bowl and eat!:hugzz:
 
50 lb sacks @Mojo333! I bet that gave you quite the work out. Don’t think you would have been doing that last year at this time.

Rainy and snow here today. Doing church, picking up last minute things at store on way home, last minute house stuff. Will watch super bowl since I love football.

Hope your day is restful after yesterday’s workout and hips aren’t too sore.
 
I was super careful about dragging them off, and unfortunately I was doing whatever needed doing last year, very ungracefully and with horrid pain!
Hubby helped so not so bad, and yes...much easier now.
Come on down to the double hippy club...it's so much nicer than that awful hip pain...but you know this !
 
@MyAussieGirl is one of my favorite old BS pals, and I'm hoping she is doing well and I think when Summer comes we will all be renewed.:SUNsmile:
 
Last edited:
It’s amazing that you are almost back to normal. Are you finding that you can still over do it? Lifting 50lb sacks, sounds like you are doing great.

Hope you are having a good weekend.
 
Just at times @Alfie888 ...try not to twist or jar hips. Have a little lower back stuff that though it is improved tremendously can flare up with that kind of activity. I'm actually very strong especially upper body. Came in quite helpful when I had both my legs cut off because I was afraid to put Any weight on them for first weeks.
I can walk forever with no hip pain...walk walk walk. It's amazing.
I don't walk for fitness, I just have to do alot of walking and it is amazing!
I so much want that for you too!
Hope you can get sorted this year.
Enough is enough already.
 
So you not want to just go ahead and replace them? I mean I admit I don't know why one would choose one over the other but really replacement was not bad. What is the plus to resurfacing?
 
I wonder if that was the resurfacing program @mcopt was considering before he decided to go with replacement. You might consider a chat with him @Alfie888 to see what he looked at in making his decision.
 
Think it said that resurfacing could last longer for younger, very active patients. They also said the old style resurfacing couldn’t be used on women due to size, but new ones can.

Gosh @Mojo333, this stuff has changed so much in my liefetime and the technology just keeps progressing so rapidly. A few years ago you never heard about bilateral, you were were in hospital forever, had to wait until you were older due to replacements supposedly not lasting long.

I’m like you,i would just go for replacement (lol, already have), but I think it is good they can come up with options to fit a life stage. I will never use my hips the way my 26 year old son would if he needed a replacement now. I mean really, I just don’t plan on lifting 500 lbs.

Glad we have the hips for what we need, and soon I will do this :walking:
 
Hi @Alfie888 my original plan was to have metal on metal resurfacing long story but surgeon cancelled on me I lost confidence and started having second thoughts about m o m I also started thinking was resurfacing the best for me at 62 I would like to be active again regarding sports but I don't think I would be doing anything that a modern ceramic thr couldn't cope with so stumbled on Superpath however and booked to go with that however a few days later I discovered this trial that prof cobb was running I was offered a place but eventually turned it down due to the logistics of travelling to London and the time frame for doing 2 so went back to superpath which 10 days out no regrets it is supposed to be more stable long term due to less initial soft tissue damage certainly pain levels so far are very low but time will tell . For you it is more of a dilema being younger resurfacing is aimed at younger active people however I certainly would not now go for metal resurfacing then you have to ask am I happy to basically be a guinea pig for a new procedure I beleive he also has a unique shaped ball and cup to eliminate impingment lot of potential advantages but a lot of unknowns tough call for you I am afraid . Resurfacing seems to have traded on the fact older thr implants may have had more risk of dislocation and wore out quicker leading to the need for revision which bone preserving resurfacing can make that easier however it seems modern thr implants should be more stable and last longer nowadays so resurfacing does seem to be going out of favour to an extent .good luck !
 
@Mojo333, My thinking is that I’ll probably require a revision at some point. Say I live to 90, that would mean the replacement would have to last 40 years. The resurfacing procedure isn’t as invasive and would make a revision in the future much easier. It was only a though. I don’t live anywhere near London and unless it was rolled out nationally it wouldn’t be an option anyway.

Hi @mcopt, Thanks for your advice on this. Like you London would be a problem logically as I live up north. I still have a few hoops to jump through yet before I get to the replacement stage. I hope your recovery is going well.
 
I'm doing really well, @Alfie and the article sounded very promising. At 54, I figure if I do have a revision in my 70s or 80s I have had 30 years, I consider my Best Years, of being pain free, active, and happy.
Mcopt had some great thoughts too.
Then again, I could be hit by a semi tomorrow.
It is a gamble, but I know you will find a solution.
Guess I just want everyone to get their life back. What happens in the Future..no one can say.
 
Last edited:
Morning @Mojo333. So I am sitting here one week out and on a Monday not getting ready for the workweek. Hope your week isn’t too full, but those hips will carry you through.
 
Your job is to get well...so don't forget that, MammaT.
Accompanying daughter to Dr appointment at 8 so it will be a long day as I will go to work straight:tada: after to get a heads up before everyone gets there.
Hope you are doing well MammaT.
 
My issue for today is to figure out how this whole refill thing works with new drug laws. I know I am not abusing, but here in ohio they can only issue 7 day script and there are all sorts of funny rules about pharmacies being able to get refills. Need a crystal ball to see if I will need anything more than Tylenol before I see doc on 21st, and the doctors office needs advance time. :what:

Too complicated for an old woman, but I will work on it a head of time and probably end up with something that I won’t use all of, but better be prepared.
 
My doctors office made me pick up script and hand carry to pharmacy. I authorized Better half to do this...one week at a time. Pretty much a pain, but yes you need them.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom