Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

You were up early this morning. Hopefully it wasn't hip pain that woke you up. I was going cycling this afternoon, but just came back in from filling the bird feeders with numb fingers. I think I will opt for yoga mat, Pilates ball and some weights. Winter will have a one day despite tomorrow, it should hit 50. Where is the beach?
 
So happy for you Mojo! My oldest had debilitating migraines and missed over 50 days of school 1 year. Now they're a thing of the past, he graduated with dual degrees last year and is starting his masters (sorry, is my "proud mama" showing through?). Now if I can get the 2nd one there - last year we had a few arguments when he told me he needed to spend more time gaming and less time studying because he'd decided he was going to be a professional videogame player!
 
Wow @Mojo333 your daughter is stunning... I too am proud of your son it's not easy. I am glad you're feeling blessed I pray more and more blessing fill your life and heart :prayer:
 
No hip pain @dougie0216 .
I've always been early to bed, early to rise.
Sara, what a phenomenal accomplishment for your son.
I certainly wondered if mine were ever going to find their path at times. Perhaps they do take that from their mother...mine has not been a well thought out path.
The journey I've taken this past year with these hips was not in the plan either. But thankful for medical technology and bonesmart for recovery support...now I have alot more paths open for me this next year.
 
My path, I think, has gone the way it should. At one point in my life, I didn’t think I would ever have children, and I did. Had one career path selected, ended up on another one. Have a job I never thought about having. Sometimes we just have the general map and take the path that seems right at the time.

Your new hips do free you to go in other directions-it will be an exciting adventure!
 
Hey @Mojo333, good to hear things are moving in the right direction for you and the family. Let’s hope it’s a good year.
 
Thanks @Alfie888 ...let's do. Can't wait until you get some more answers to your situation.
I don't expect all of my life's problems do be over, but it's nice to have a reprieve, and be able to do it without all that pain.
Continuing to be grateful!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for thinking about me @MyAussieGirl
Just a few snow flurries and it is super windy and the windchill is biting! I got cold and couldn't warm up. Muscles and bones don't like this weather, and I don't own arctic wear so after unloading a large donation of produce from local grocery store with little help, I got in recliner with big blanket, and once I got warm was snoozing!
Before 8 pm.
We just got a tiny shot of that mess...don't like it.
Back in 60s this weekend...come on weekend!
 
Hey @Mojo333 that's the rub you all can deal with mega hot and mega humid but we do better in this **** though I have to say we prefer to avoid it too... I love 75 to 90 medium to low humidity and a light breeze...also a warm lake :)

I thought you'd get stuck working bless you as people gotta eat :wave:
 
I am back to life in full swing
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

I've posted these once before but it still amazes me that I can return to my life after this surgery with such minor "niggles".
Yes, I have a little stiffness still.
Yes, I still get a little anxiety when there is a new or reoccurring symptom.
But I successfully manage a charity that keeps me zipping about on my legs between buildings for most of my 6 hour day.
I can go do things I enjoy on the weekends without that horrid hip pain.
I get tired after a long day and still have to give these hips some TLC after long days.
The framed photo of my new hips reminds me to take it easy and reminds me how amazing this surgery is.
 
@Gretel
I have 5 months on you for recovery.
Wish I could hurry this up for you.
It's such a journey... and I think you have been very graceful through it all.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and continued improvement!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom