Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

At least your appointment is soon and you can ask them. It is hard to know what damage was done prior to the op. I know my muscles were quite sore last time and that impacted on me.

I'm fine, thanks. much more mobile. The funny thing for me is when I do the golfers reach to pick something up I get a sharp pain in my right hip... I have since I got it done over 3 years ago. I'm hoping that won't be the case in the left one.

I drove a bit today but I had an awful nights sleep so I'm having an early night. This back sleeping business is beginning to wear me down. Hopefully just two more weeks of it!
 
Funny thing is I couldn't stand the back sleeping but became so Protective with bilateral that when I felt like I COULD didn't feel right. Just getting where I turn over on too one side at night.
You have had alot going on with your body the last few years.
I'm guessing we are going to get better and better. Still early days for your new hip.
Wonder what normal aches we might have by now with our active bodies without the hip stuff? Hard not to be a little paranoid for me.
I'm still WAY better off.
 
I know! I was chatting to a friend who called over after my op. She had previously she had no aches or pains and still doesn't ...even 10 years ago when we first worked together I had knee pain or back aches.

I can't imagine what it's like not to sit down or stand up and not have ease up and wait to see if I can move without some part of me giving out. Oh to be pain free!
 
Well, don't mind me for saying so....but you look like a beautiful...much younger than 40s...lady and we will get this mess sorted. I certainly think it's possible.
 
Hope all your aches and pains are sorting out now, was so sorry to hear you had some difficulties.
 
Than you.
Minor minor minor.
Little aggravations , probably self induced. If I need some straightening up my OS appointment should be able to clarify if it results from many years of bad hips.
Still on cloud nine for good hips.
Just more paranoid than I used to be.
The what ifs can get you if you aren't careful.:chinstroke:
 
Well, don't mind me for saying so....but you look like a beautiful...much younger than 40s...lady and we will get this mess sorted. I certainly think it's possible.
Thank you. At the minute I don't even feel young at heart. I felt the last hip robbed me of my sparkle which having the left hip done did too. I'm hoping to get back....
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
Fish you got me fish .... looking good sweetie. Soon your appointment me be all :prayer: Poor lil fishes
 
Great fish pic! I love fishing. Haven't done any since 2015 when husband died. Hip too bad last year and this year couldn't quite get to it. Next summer I will have the pole in my hand! Great to getting back to doing things we like.
 
@Mojo333 glad to see you're doing so well, hope the weird aches and pains disappear soon. Sometimes when I do something different eg., climb, push or pull, I get a warning or reminder. Must say I really enjoyed your GA photos, it's very pretty there and you look great knee high in cotton!
 
Thanks all. It is amazing that at this time last year it was hard to find any joy in anything. Praying for relief and sleep...feeling really destitute.
What a difference two new hips make!
@Horseshoe So happy to hear from you. Received alot of inspiration from your story the first weeks post op when I was hating life.
I know that I'm different, and will always be protective of my new-found mobility and health.
I don't feel the need to push things too the limit anymore and that's okay.
It's the little things...re Little Fish on Little Spiderman Pole.:yes!:
 
Great picture. It looks so warm there. I too went fishing yesterday. I didn't last long as it was so cold. The temperature has really dropped in the last couple of days. It usually doesn't bother me, but with not being so mobile it really got to me.
 
Wish the weather we're better for you, Alfie. I know it is seeming like forever but IT has been only two months for you...
That cabin fever and post op depression was in full swing for me around that time.
This too shall pass.....
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom