Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Danged autocorrect... Hope folks can decipher some of this... On dope and small phone screen... Tee hee
 
Don't go and do that kind of PT, sounds awful. You will be fine without for the time being - I didn't even start mine until I was much stronger and a lot of healing had gone on. Sounds dangerous that they are not even monitoring you properly. You are doing so well. Just keep pottering around and you will be fine. And keep eating prunes lol!! My stomach settled once I was walking a bit more and off any pain meds. You will get there.
Take care,
Sam x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks... I'm okay doing it myself
 
I feel so sorry that you had to endure that horrid PT experience. But as you say - move on. You can do this yourself. No formal PT is needed. Just walk.
 
Mojo, I'm really sorry about your PT experience. That really stinks!! I would DEFINITELY let the dr office know! I'm no medical person but 20 of anything seems wat too much. My PT started at 5 and said if anything hurts too much, don't do it. I think your log leg will resolve itself in a few days with a little rest. You've had to go through too much these last few days. Now you need a few days of almost nothing other than bathroom trips in my opinion. Your body needs to be able to heal. Relax!

You might reconsider PT in another week or two but get a referral from your dr to a different place. The place you went is not the norm. Hang in there and it will all get better day by day.
 
Thanks everybody. I plan on letting them know when I cancel my PT for Wednesday and then my surgeon next week at follow-up... His PT, so. I've been resting today. I can stand up by myself and my sweetheart ziptied a mini basket so I can carry stuff with me instead of having a full time Butler. Also, grabbers are great but long and bulky for one of my biggest annoyances. I have this insulting potty chair over the toilet and if I don't catch and hold my drawers at my knee, I couldn't get them up without hollering for help. So found little telescoping metal back scratcher with tiny curled hand on the end that fits in my basket, and it is my underwear grabber! It's the little things...☺☺☺
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
How are YOU doing, GrannyC? You've been so kind to me
 
I LOVE your grabber :-). I'm doing very well. I admire you doing so well with having both hips done! I just had one sonit is quite a bit easier I'm sure and I haven't run into any issues yet. I switched from my walker to a cane on Thursday. Then my PT showed me the best way to do the two steps down to my sewing area so I've spent time there each day which really helps pass the time. All in all, it is good. I love not have all that arthritis pain any more. I go back for my first checkup on Wednesday.
 
So happy for you. I almost didn't sign up for this forum because I'm not much for social media... But it has been a really supportive place to be. Glad you were beaver to do what you needed to do to have a better quality of life. Can't express my gratitude enough for all the support.
 
Glad you were BRAVE, not beaver, Lord autocorrect and a lack of readers handy.
 
I think we all feel,the same. Hate auto correct and love the forum with all the support. It's the best and it has helped me so much as well. I'm so thankful I stumbled across it before my surgery!
 
Up and down tonight. Lower back hurting and apparently got into a bad sleeping position which woke me up for good this time 230am. Sitting up in a recliner is helping right this moment. My stomach hurts... Bathroom issues I'm sure. The heels of my hands are so tender that I don't like my walker any more! I'm whining.... Gonna try to sleep in this chair. It WILL get better..It WILL get better
 
@gaulsuerou Hi. I wasn't on this forum but a day or so preop and I know I was so anxious beforehand. I had some tough first days...Surger on Monday, kicked me out on Wednesday, which I thought was the cruelest until I discovered I was able to be 100% more comfortable at home. You can do this...And I'm glad no one on this forum diminished the fact that getting both replaced @ same time is one helluva
 
Last edited:
Good morning, Mojo. Sorry to hear you had a bad night. I normally sleep on my side so sleeping on my back is not something I was used to. I had trouble sleeping a couple nights, too, and I've read lots of posts where others have had the same problem. I found it has helped me to put a pillow under my leg when I go to bed. I'm not sure why it helps but it seems to. However, I only have one bad leg. When my legs are just out straight, I keep feeling like I want to move them a little and I can't move the bad one much. I don't get that same feeling when the bad leg is on the pillow.

Because you probably didn't get much sleep last night, you should definitely really take it easy today with no PT exercises or anything. Your body needs the rest so just stay quiet for the day and try to relax - maybe watch a little tv or read a book.

You are definitely right - it will get better!! That is for sure!!
 
Oops...One large endeaver. I wouldn't have wanted to be actively posting the first days because didn't have my pain managed and I would've been very harsh to all who said it would be better within a week. Oh, did I think I messed up. Plus at hospital, I'd be walking down hall in pain with PT, and someone would ask them, hip or knee? PT said bilateral hip, oh the looks! At the same time? They would exclaim. I thought geez, I must be nuts for making this decision. But both my hips were so bad the surgeon said he would have to flip a coin to decide which to do first. It was the right decision, I do see the light at the end of a long, bending and twisting tunnel. I only had 6 weeks between my diagnosis and decision for surgery which I thought was short time to prepare but less time to freak out. Main preop preps that helped me...Working with light hand weights to build my upper body strength!!!! It has been a lifesaver for some Independence. And NOT obsessing over the surgery every hour. I overdid it a little before surgery, probably not suggested, but I figure I'd wear them suckers out if they were replacing them and I said they better hurt like hell before when I go, or I'm chickening out. I love outdoors so I walked and went offshore fishing, and absorbed all the vitamin D I could
 
Morning GrannyC. Yea, I always sleep on my side, can't wait to try, but those big wicked incisions won't let me try... Don't know if that would be ok with surgical mesh/ glue? Anyway, I do the pillow under knees which is helpful for first couple of days, now seems to strain my back, and poor informed people... The back of my heels, pressure points against bed I'm guessing. It's fine. Sun is up, I switched to the recliner..Yea Sue, also best thing I did preop,got good used recliner. Hey, I get to nap anytime I want today so I'll be ok. My mom always sewed, it is a talent that is fading. Hope you have a great day!!!!
 
Poor infirmed people, feel so sorry for stroke victims or nursing home patients, the bed becomes so uncomfortable. I'm gonna visit some folks that need company when this is all over. Poor people
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom