Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Hi @Lerwick8
I can tell this is weighing heavily on your mind and I feel for you. You seem so conflicted. You want to make the best decision for you.
I wish I could help, but I can't. I made my decision based solely on recommendation of several people due to my surgeons reputation and number of surgeries performed. I had close family members who used him and many years later have no problems. I didn't consider anterior / posterior much before making the decision on a surgeon and scheduling it. Upon scheduling it I questioned the methods and learned my surgeon does posterior ONLY. I didn't question it as I'd already made up my mind he was going to be my surgeon.

Let your gut or your heart be your guide. You have enough info, now you just need to decide. If you are a person of faith at all......leave it up to God. Ask for clear roadblocks to be placed to help you make a decision. I'll add you to my evergrowing prayer list that you gain clarity and make a confident decision.
I wish you luck in whatever you decide and hope you continue to post while in recovery.

PS. As you've heard recovery is not as brutal as we all imagined, nor does it take that long. I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sending a hug and wishing you a great week!
 
Sorry @Mojo333
I probably should have posted to Lerwick on her thread!
I got caught up in reading her story here and responded without checking to see where I was. Impulsive!!
I need to read some rules and regulations, haha!
Hope you have a great day!
 
So Tuesday I went to PT...I go twice per week now...and I FINALLY got to use the Alter G. It's a treadmill that let's you walk with less body weight. I've been wanting to try it for months...
First you put on these space shorts that look like they belong to Tweedledee. Skin tight neoprene type breeches that have big round top. When you get on you zip big top around an airlock type thing. Like big air bag. Blows up to calibrate your weight (giving you big wedgie in process) then deflates and you set percentage of your weight. I walked 15 minutes with 60 percent of my body weight...really cool. Like anti gravity. Then Mary, my PT let me put it down to 10% and I was walking on the moon. Not sure if it was so much help but oh my stars if you had knee replacement, I would guess that thing would feel like heaven as long as you didn't overdo.
I still have the nerve stuff (extremely irritated, restless, somewhat painful sensations when finally stop going at night) going on, but intensity is definitely related to the amount of activity. So I an making myself take it easier...then maybe I don't have to try the quinine or nerve pills. I thought about asking OS about those but read uses for epilepsy,?? Sounds kind-of strong.
 
Interesting! I had never heard of one of these before. I think you are on the right track to try and cut back a bit on the activity to let those hips and legs heal a little more. You keep them so busy they can't finish their work to heal. Of course, like many things in life, it is a lot easier to give advice at times that it is to make it work in your own life!! I'm retired and home and even though I do have a small home business, it mostly entails sitting at my sewing machine so it doesn't affect my hips. I do other things like house cleaning, cutting the grass, gardening, etc but I can usually do it at my own pace and don't have the pressure of a paid job. You are still doing great though so keep it up! I agree with you that even with our still remaining "issues" from the surgery, it is far better now that before the surgery so I'd have no complaint really if I stayed just like I am now. My OS, however, said it just keeps getting better and better!!
 
@GrannyC good for you, giving @Mojo333 a taste of her own medicine :heehee: There she is over on my thread telling me to cut back, and what's she doing every day? Getting in and out of her car, walking the "green mile" who knows how many times, yelling at volunteers to find her cane, and generally not relaxing a whole lot. Mojo, taketh thine own medicine!! :ok:

That said, that Alter G treadmill sound amazing! And GrannyC, you have a great balance in your life, but I'd say that sitting at the sewing machine would affect my hips, for sure. Sitting too much just isn't the best for me, ever. My s-i-l had bilateral knees at about your age, and she's right back at her old life, only no pain. That will be you soon enough!!
 
@zauberflöte I really wasn't trying to give @Mojo333 advice and lecture her. I was just saying I understood how easy it is to overdo and I was glad she was trying to cut back a bit on her activity. I have been known to lecture her in the past but not this time. I feel like I am back to my old life and have been for many weeks now. It is so good to be pain Free!
 
Never heard of anything by like your walking machine @Mojo333 um kind of odd. How is it better than just walking??

If you're talking about brand name Neutrontin SP. Fear not that anti-epilepsy medication has many off label uses as pain management, helping with withdrawal from many harder drugs, neuropathy and sleep. I take it for helping with sleep. First time I took it I felt mildly stoned. Take it at home only for a while. This way you can see how it affects you... can't get much loopier can you....and then go up. It WILL help the nerve pain.

I hope sis is well I'll read back Princess
 
Yes, GrannyC had lovingly admonished me before. And I certainly do need reminders as I know I have to stay changing a little something about my daily activity. It's just more than I need now. That's why I say to all newbies, I know about boredom and having to work, but take all the time you can because it's hard to not overdo once you are back in it. Today is Friday!!! Sister being released to go home today. I will be resting allot this weekend as my legs say GIVE ME A BREAK!
 
Yay....It's FriYay!
Yay....to sis going home!
Yay....rest for Mojo's weary legs!
A great weekend to you, @Mojo333
 
yea, I was kindof thinking I might have to do some stuff for her this weekend...glad to, but doggone wish everyone would just calm down and get well and its a good thing im not a drinking woman
 
Thanks zauberflote...and Layla, and Lola. I'm off, AND drinking!!! So there.
Gonna find time to float one way or this way. You can only wear your halo for so long:angel:. :cheers:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom