Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Mojo, do you have access to cannabis oil? This has helped me greatly. No, it does not get you "high". It just relaxes the muscles and everything feels warm and pleasant. I believe its legal in all 50 states now.
 
Not sure about the oil..will have to ask primary care doctor about it. they the magnesium oil is ...health shop?
I cancelled PT today. Very low key stuff, but already have aggravated legs. Too much walking yesterday.
 
@Mojo333 I read early on that Gatorade has a lot of Magnesium in it. I've been drinking it every day post op. No leg cramps, not sure if it can be attributed to the Gatorade but it's easy.
 
Never thought about that. Makes sense and very easy to do.
Thank you:beer:
 
I hope your sister is doing well, Mojo. This is a tough summer for your whole family it seems. Take care of yourself though and those new hips so you can continue to help her. Your recovery has been amazing!
 
Thanks GrannyC...yeah, would be nice if we could have a period of time without crises...but such is life.
My recovery going so well had certainly been a plus..could have been sitting in hospital on 2 bad hips...right?
Truly blessed. Today is gonna be a good day! Hope all is going well for you.
 
Good Morning @Mojo333
Hope your sister is doing better today and is released for home soon. Hospitals are not only difficult for the patient at times, but also their loved ones who set up camp for hours. I realize they're necessary and many are helped / saved within but they're just not a place to get adequate rest with all the interruptions.

Hopefully your legs have settled a bit with rest overnight. I'm sure any stress your holding right now is only magnifying the restless sensation you've been feeling.

Wishing you a quiet, peaceful day, Mojo
 
Thanks Layla...too late, fire's burning at the food bank. But will only do as much as I can do and the rest will have to wait. Right now we have an overabundance of bread...which is a good problem to have so am making arrangements to share with boys' homes and other food banks.
Will definitely plan on doing nothing later. Hope your day is sweet as you!
 
Adding prayers for sis (and your fanny fatigue...as it were). I hope you are getting close to the "doing nothing" stage of the day? My little church food bank is nothing to yours, and I do recall that too much bread kinda creates problems of its own-- sounds like you have a great fallback network all ready to roll. I hope they can come pick up, rather than you having to drive a van stuffed full of fragrant loaves...me oh my I am salivating already, and I had bread for lunch so I ought to be immune! We used to have a Wonderbread or Sunbeam bakery in our downtown area, and some nights the scent of the bread would waft all over the city-- lovely! And my first apartment was right up the street from the Sauer's factory....mmm-MMM that smelled good All The Time! Nowadays it's worth your life to find Sauer's vanilla and spices etc. :(
 
Thanks for all the well wishes for sis..YES, this a bread route sales warehouse and it is all Sara Lee and Thomas and expensive organic wholegrain breads with every imaginable ingredient, OAT, FLAX SEED, SUNFLOWER, etc...thing is the clients all want the oh-so-healthy WHITE BREAD.
I say...if you arent gonna eat a turkey sandwich because its not on white bread, you arent very hungry.... Also Bagels, English Muffins, treats of all sorts.
We give out what we can and generously redistribute to anyone we can, and if too old or too smushed, I have a man with chickens etc I let pick it up.
Yep legs are aggravated and behind is sore...ready to go home soon. Come on 4:00, I get my aggressions out after dealing with less than appreciative folks by watching Judge Judy holler at people until 5 pm.
 
What if it's standing on a concrete warehouse floor that's doing your legs in? What kind of shoes do you wear? You are watching that wonderful lady holler at people so funny, don't answer now, just take the gin and tonic and run :snork:

I gotfor OKAY ALREADY FORGOT there is nothing like a little lysdexia as the sun reaches over the yardarm, where was I,,,,,,, I forgot to say, I used to do quinine water too, the lemon/lime diet kind, but the aspartame would wake me up and the fizzy would make my stomach gurgle, so that was short lived for the cramps....I don't know why Dove wouldn't work-- I didn't read it Ivory, I only read "bath soap", and I had/have Ivory!
 
Ok. Own up... How did Hippie Hermits turn out??? Wish I would've anticipated how much constipation issues would play in first weeks of my recovery and made some friendlier foods. Sounds like great idea.
Hope surgery is uneventful and would've loved to have been recovering in a room next to you with soothing flute music!!!

Mojo I just saw this. Well, they were very tasty, but I had this problem where the oat flour felt like it was making tiny tiny cuts in my mouth. I'm not sure it was the Hermits, or some side effect of the GA. And I can't report that they sent me running to the bathroom on the first day home. But as I say, they were very tasty, expeditious, and nutritious, probably even more so than Powdermilk Biscuits! I ate them whole as a meal, I broke them up into soy milk for cereal, they were good with cheese except cheese works oppositely on me....good with apples (I think I put chopped apple into them, I can't remember!)

I didn't bring an instrument and that's probably a good thing. I seriously have so little memory of my stay-- I wonder what went on that they needed to drug me to forget?! :loll:
 
Somebody, anybody......what are Hippie Hermits?
A laxative I'm assuming but are they really called Hippie Hermits.... or is that a joke?
@Mojo333 or @Zauberflote
 
They are a prune infused treat of some kind that zauberflote concocted to stave off constipation before she had her surgery. I really don't like prunes or prune juice but prefer non-medicinal remedies when possible. The apple in it sounds like it would make it more palatable. Not sure of her recipe but thought it would be a great idea.
I really don't drink often, maybe a cold beer every once in a while when hot in summer, so the gin is definitely out. I am sipping on tonic water with cherry juice...still pretty nasty. If it doesn't help, I'm hanging it up. I'll try anything once!!!
 
Hey you....yes you.....right there..the Dry girl with the pretty wavy hair....when I finally get a few bucks ahead I am going to have Tshirts made with ....I'm so Dry....and mailing it to you. I am OK nooooostress or worry k. ...You just need to worry on you and your sister. :dogwalk:
 
@Layla and @Mojo333 yes, I made up the name and cobbled a recipe together for Hippie Hermits. My grandmother used to make a bar cookie called Hermits, and these taste just like them, all the dried fruits and nuts and dark spices. I'll see if I can find or remember how I made them, but I kinda thing it was a handful of this and a toss of that and maybe a little baking soda but why, I'm not using molasses? ......:idea:They might have been even better with molasses! Anyway, they were tasty, but I think the oat flour is a little weird. Something was feeling like it was delivering tiny cuts to my mouth and tongue while I was eating them, and the oat flour was the only ingredient I'd never cooked with. I have some more in the frig, and it's got a great recipe on the back of the package-- maybe I'll try that if it ever cools down! I wish I had a summer kitchen!!!!!!!!

PS I waited two more days this hip than last, but was not miserable this time, unlik last, so I will credit that to the Hermits!

I will buy one of those t-shirts @MyAussieGirl MAG!!

How's this? :rotfl:
 
@zauberflöte I don't recall where you asked me what the lil peeps are so I'll just hi-jack Mojo's thread for a minute, she's friendly she won't mind...

The lil peeps are those silly little characters that you just used above. I don't know what they're called?
MAG calls them Smiley's I think....
Are they Emoji's? I guess I don't care what they're called.....I just think they're funny!
Especially these :spin::dancy::happydance::wave::yahoo: They truly make me laugh and think of MAG as she uses them so cleverly.
And this one reminds me of @MyAussieGirl only :swim::swim::swim:she'll give me a pass on those.
 
Me and Mo had a relaxing afternoon. Floated in that pond whilst a swallowtail kite soared overhead, bronze dragonflies landed on my toes, heard the cardinal song...thrill..thrill..thrill..thrill..thrill..5X each time, beautiful small brown and orange moth/butterfly landing on mojos behind with gorgeous purple "eyes" on his wings, fluffy cottony travelers hovering in a baby blue sky. Ain't life good when we take the time to notice?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom