Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

That is fantastic, Mojo! You will make an excellent spokesperson, that's for sure. You are able to tell it the way it is with the downsides but you are always quick to point out how it is all so very worth it in the end. If someone sees you and how well you've done with the bilateral, they will know they can do it getting just one done! Harriet knew a winner when she saw you!

I've tried to tell others about BoneSmart, too. But I find it almost hard to explain how very beneficial it has been to me. I feel people are naturally a bit skeptical about the Internet and really can't comprehend how a website could be so very helpful. I won't get discouraged though as I plan to keep on telling people about it whenever I can as it sure has helped me with both the support from all the readers plus support and useful information from the administrators who are always there for all of us. I do have to single out @Josephine though for all her extra orthopedic knowledge and advice as being exceptional.

Now @Mojo333 no more near falls with noodles or coolers before this all happens. We certainly don't want you falling down and going boom! :heehee:

I do have to single out @Josephine though for all her extra orthopedic knowledge and advice as being exceptional.
Oh my! Such plaudits. I am overwhelmed!
Grateful Double Hippy

Thanks all for the vote of confidence. My Bonesmart pals' opinions mean the most to me.
GrannyC, the medical folks Ive dealt with are very unfamiliar with this patient forum also and I hope my OS has taken the time to see that especially since their time is so filled... it is a remarkable way to answer many simple problems without having to call Dr office constantly. For sure, Josephine is the guru of joint replacement and Jaycey has a wealth of knowledge and the other smarties have great tips and ideas and well.... you know.
I would think that it was useful as a doctor to give your patients some one to aggravate besides you.:loll:

@Mojo333

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mojo, happy birthday to you!
Hope you have a fantastic birthday dinner, great weekend and the best year EVER!

Hi @Mojo333! It's your birthday?!? Well, happy, happy day!
I agree with @cpollock, @GrannyC, @Layla and @313Lola - you're going to make a great ambassador! There's nothing like someone who can tell it straight and positive from their own experience! You may never know who benefits, but for sure, people will!

WooHoo on you, woman! Laura

Thanks y'all..I'm just so glad to be hip-pain free and hopeful.
Yep, I'm gonna have a drink and some appetizers even though I feel kind-of too tired for going out. @Layla First to sing me happy birthday...thank you, so sweet.
Cheryl, you deserve some kudos and celebration for your determination to make things work and your kindness to others.
No falling down...go boom.
I'll hit the speed limit next year!
:egypdance:
Love to all, Jodi

Last edited by a moderator:
@ScenicRte thank you. You were one of my early commiserators/ cheerleaders.
It is
truly an honor to have so many people who really don't know you...wish you well.
Well, kind-of take that back. When we share at our most vulnerable...we probably know each other best. I had two coronarita's at Chili's so I might have a teeny buzz...but in the famous words of a friend with a tiny alcohol buzz...I love you bubba...love you all.

Totally correct MyAussieGirl. 54 going on 30.
New lease on life for sure.

I'm a bit late with the wishes but Happy Birthday, Mojo!! Another year older and another year better! I hope this is your best year ever with that pain gone! Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday and good for you on being asked to "testify" for your OS. You will be such a great positive voice for the surgery.

Such good news on your selection... and a belated Happy Birthday to you, I have been busy all week and weekend and haven't been on here much. Anyway, I hope your birthday was great, you deserve it!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I've been wondering where the miracle baby has been @gaulsuerou.
Glad you are out living life so you don't have time to play with all your buds.
Hope your legs are taking you where you want to go. Endanger for all the birthday wishes...I DO feel 10 years younger than I did one year ago thanks to BTHR

Officially hit the three month mark.
The good news:
No OA excruciating hip pain.
Mostly getting good sleep although may now be officially back sleeper. Still feels hard uncomfortable on my side.
Incisions look good, still bright pink.
Can work my 6 hour workdays and receive my paycheck so I can pay bills.
Still love Bonesmart and my friends there.

Now my whining which I don't like to do as it sounds very petty in comparison to before surgery.
Thighs are still slightly numb and zingy though mostly on sides vs all....
My behind still hurts sometimes especially days I've had to walk alot more...
All these are minimal and hopefully getting better...
BUT the last ten days or so, when I finally get home and sit to rest...my legs are...don't know how to describe...not exactly painful, but aggravated...really aggravated and aggravating. They won't relax, they constantly feel as if they need to move...akin to what I hear people describe as restless leg syndrome. Super sensitive - can feel seam on shorts or a fold on a sheet under me. Just super super aggravated. Resorted to pain pill several times which will eventually ease it off. At 3 months out, has anyone had this experience. It gets rather intense the longer I sit instead of easing up...Guess still healing and guessing @Josephine might say due to all activity. Not heavy duty walking , just have to be on the move more most days.
Is there a nerve/muscle med to take on as needed basis suited for this? Really don't like extra meds but my high-powered stuff seems like overkill although it works.
Also gives me disturbing dreams hence the late-thirty update.
Tomorrow is gonna be a good day.

I wish I could put a sad face up. I don't think it's unusual what you're feeling it sounds to me like muscles are after a full day sitting standing walking....like they are starting to try to relax. Could be a tendon issue or both Josphine will help you know what this is. I have butt pain sitting on some things.

How's dis?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
BrainySmurf
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom