Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

I appreciate the info about thigh soreness and numbness...I wondered if there would be some residual numbness... Still really numb down outside muscle from incision to knee. Don't know what that muscle is called, anatomy was not my long suit... Now I wish I'd paid more attention. Thankfully there's Google.
I almost fell at work Friday. Got to admit it scared me. Stumbled backwards about ten steps trying not to fall... Recovered but I've got a few pulls in my right leg and my butt muscle bothered me through the weekend.
 
Glad you had a good report... My not-a-fall has a dumb reason/ story id like to share but have to handle minor crisis with my 21 year old daughter... Signing off for now
 
Last edited:
I HAVE to comment that I love America! I am an Air Force brat who has had a chance to travel and I all so proud this 4th of July to celebrate our country.
So many around the world do not have the freedoms we enjoy and devisive as the political climate is we are all Americans and we are allowed to disagree without fear of retribution which is not the case everywhere.
I love America...flaws and all.
Have a happy 4th.
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
It's great to see you doing so well. Are you back to work full time now or still trying to do part time? It is amazing how far you have come in such a short time really. I know it took a lot of effort on your part but I'm sure not having that constant pain on both sides must be such a relief. I jusT had the pain on one side and that was more than enough! I hope you are managing to stay cool. It must get pretty hot in GA this time of year.
 
Elgin, Ok is right next to Ft Sill, home of the U.S. Army FIRES Center of Excellence, aka HQ of the Field Artillery. People here take their fireworks seriously. Tonight was crazy.
 
It was 103F with heat index yesterday and we broke 300 ears of corn and creamed it up for freezer at my sister's yesterday. Whew!!!
We are just getting started... More will be ready all week. We have had daily showers so it filled out quicker than we thought. GrannyC, I am back at Food Bank fill time but we are only there from 10-4. That is plenty long enough. I try to take an hour break before we serve from 2-4, but that hasn't been happening lately. I have done tremendously honestly but yeah two sore legs ARE tough. I try to be good to them as I don't want to go backwards.
MyAussieGirl, Dad is miserable... But thanks for asking. Had a minor heart procedure (ablation) done and he is still recovering from Right TKR. He had 'catheter complications' and left hospital with a catheter and he is constipated and his leg hurts always, and he is hard headed and I hate it for him. I hope y'all had a good day yesterday. As you can see I haven't slept well tonight... Will be a long day
 
Agreed Mojo WTG on all things but um overdoing it all corn lol. I haven't been on much so I am way behind bit poor Dad. You think he will be OK. I feel for him on the constipation between knee and heart OMG talk to his doctor straining with heart issues not good.
Hot legs
 
Great stuff @Mojo333! I think I was the day after you. It's hard to explain to our nearest and dearest how good it feels to stop "listing"! You may look straight, but you know you aren't ...

Mine was just my left hip (other done last year), so to look like that after a bilateral is brilliant

30 degrees today, so it's sun and ukulele today for me!

Keep it up and best wishes
Peter
 
Very cool. I've been walking around the yard barefoot too. Congrats on standing straight!
 
Thanks dougie0216... Hope all is well with you.
It's been about 96 degrees last few days...I barefoot as much as possible
 
Listing? Not sure I'm getting what y'all mean?
 
Hi @Mojo333 - sorry if you're not familiar with it! Leaning to the side, ie not straight up

Hope it makes more sense now - have a great weekend
Peter
 
I know what you mean about not being straight for two years. I was the same way. So glad that you didn't fall. This is such a critical period. It's really worth it in the long run. My hips feel invisible now.
 
sorry if you're not familiar with it! Leaning to the side, ie not straight up
Listing...aaah, as a boat lists... Gotcha! I used to list alot, now I list lots less. Say that five times fast.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom