Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Not on me PS46...? The USA southern vernacular is a strange one... But I was transplanted here quite a long time ago and I acclimate very well. Listing whilst we walk here in Georgia would probably be called 'walking all catiwampus' or woppity!!!
 
Great pic @Mojo333, standing straight and tall, right now I am leaning over my walker but can't wait till I can ditch it, I am working in on tucking in my butt, walking heel to toe and not waddling straight legged like I was, I can stand without aids but really need that lateral support from it band and it is still complaining a lot from surgical damage lol. I love creamed corn but we have never made any, we have a small patch of corn, and we freeze and can and pickle a lot of veggies, will have to try it sometime when we grow more.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I walked exactly the same. I need to work on the sticking in my butt too but along with the big feet I have a generous rear. At least it probably helps with all the sitting I've had to do. There is a special mandolin type thing they use alot around here to cut the corn off the cob
... It is silver queen corn so it's extra juicy and sweet so it creams itself... Very milky.
Add large pat of real butter and lots of black pepper and .. Oh my stars.... The Best!!!
 
Love your posts......smile every time you say "oh my stars".....it's cute.
Have a great day!
 
Hee hee...I started doing that when my kids were little cuz I didn't like hearing them say Oh my God! Just didn't sound right. Couldn't quite remember where I came up with it... Now I will show my age... Remembered it came from the old TV show Bewitched... And Samantha the witch who wiggled her nose said it. How dorky is that.
I even text my daughter OMS!
 
@Mojo333
The phrase is sweet, precious and innocent!
I'm a few years older than you but remember the show "Bewitched" fondly.
I loved that show and its cast of characters! Good old days.....before reality tv which I allow myself as a guilty pleasure a few times a week. Love me some "Housewives" on occasion. Their cat fights are amusing at times. I like to look at their clothes and homes.....mindless entertainment!!!!
 
Of course not @Mojo333 ! That is what us great about our language ...

I am actually from the NW of England and moved down to the SW, which is where my wife was born and bred. The inflection, accent and phrases are totally different and it took me a long time to acclimatise. I love it now, but still smile to myself from time to time. She is the same when we head north ...

Lovely day here today - have just come back from a gig. We played at a summer BBQ at a village in the country. Good job I took a hat!

Best wishes
Peter
 
@Mojo333
I must add that you are the female equivalent of @Irish Joe on this site.
Meaningful posts that I and I'm sure all others look forward to. Great kindness, generosity and compassion, sprinkled with much needed humor while we're hurting, mending, thankful and hopeful.
Continued healing to you MoJo!
PS My hubby and I intend to try our own Minnesota version of that Low Country Boil you described......sounds so yummy!
 
Layla, I take that as high compliment as IrishJoe was definitely one of my hero cheerleaders in the toughest part of my recovery. I am lucky I have some great family who were there for me and my husband who not only cared for me but stepped in at the Food Bank to keep me from worrying about my absence there.
But the comfort from advice given by 'someone who has been there' is what makes IrishJoe and Bonesmarties special. There are those like GrannyC who are are kind and pragmatic and steady and nurturing, and MyAussieGirl who is fun and friendly and sympathetic...I cannot mention all the characters that lifted me from the scariest place I've ever been to a place of gratitude in recovery.
So glad you are getting well with us.
And....Low country boil is definitely good for your new hip!!!
 
So, I am going to be more careful. I hyperextended a little last week with my near fall save at work and have tried not to do as much over the weekend. My butt muscle hurt for days as I did stagger step backwards just knowing I was gonna bust it!!!
I saw a tall trash can that my volunteers failed to empty with fruit flies gathering..yuk... But the bag had fallen down in it and the slack kids just kept throwing their food plates and yeah down on top... Really gross. So I pull it outside off the sidewalk on to some grass to let the flies outside... Try to reach down it to get edges of bag and try to wiggle the trash into it... And felt something gooshy and wet on back of my hand and arm. Cursing silently the pigs who caused this, I pull my arm out quickly and look and. MAGGOTS!!! Shriek.... Sling arm wildly, one moved...aaaaahhhj, shoe catches edge of sidewalk, stumble... Gonna fall... Stumble... Backward momentum... Oh god what if I fall...SAVE! Don't know how.
Here's the good part. Look to see if the vile creatures are still on me, cursing out loud now...oh! Ramen... Look in trash...Cup 'o Noodles...Ramen noodles... Not maggots! Although I SWEAR I saw one move!!!!!
I almost messed up my brand new hips over darned cup of noodles.
Hope that makes someone's day. It almost ruined mine.:scary:funny now
 
Last edited:
Mojo that's good stuff. I'm glad you didn't fall. Must have been scary, Just the thought of falling gives me a cringe.
Never liked cup o noodles.
Bill
 
Funny story! So awesome you didn't fall, MoJo.
 
Lerwick8.. Hope you are hanging in there. Hate to think of anyone having to go through that pain now that I'm out of it.
There is some really good days waiting for us out there.
Can't wait till I'm checking out how you are doing on your own recovery thread.
What a great Christmas we will have!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Mojo333 What a scare that must have been!! I can't even imagine but I'm so glad you didn't fall! That is always one of my concerns as well.what happens if I fall?? I suppose there is no sense worrying about it since it is not something we can control. We just need to be extra careful and stay away from those noodles!!
 
What did you do Doug??? I'm so looking forward to you getting to your healthy self and former athletic prowess but you ARE determined to see how far you can push it... It's in your DNA. Lol...I also have had a few long days. I have started going to PT twice per week to work on my gait and posture. I thought my left leg was was weaker than my right but only because it was harder to lift when at stand position. For instance like a march. Thought it was my quad but figured out it's because my right is weaker and when I lift doesn't support as well. Also going back to a little limp as I do more walking at work everyday.
PT wants me to to get back to cane when I start to tire out to help support.
Apparently my gluteus minimus is my PTtake on extra tight groin area pain and we've done stretches for that which seems to help. Apparently that muscle is what needs to fire up properly to make your gait right.
I googled some gait issues.. Interesting how that works... Gluteus medius, gluteus minimus... All hip supporters...
Nothing extra after work today, so gonna sit on my gluteus maximus and ice.
Dougie... Please don't do more than you need to today
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom