Guest viewing is limited

TKR Graduated!

I'm working on an Church production of the birth and death of Jesus with a replica of part of Bethlehem, etc. I manage the chariots (golf carts) for the disabled. Last night, one left early, and I walked to the first station to get the driver to return. They headed for the second station before I got to him, and I found myself running to catch up! Didn't occur to me until I was halfway there that I should not be running. :bignono: The ground was soft from rain, so I just continued on. All was fine. :egypdance:
I did whack my knee on something on the numb part and did not notice until I got home that it had been bleeding.
4 more days!
 
Whacking the numb part of the knee is something I do regularly and must stop soon. I feel it as a reverb somewhere else on the knee. So weird.

You are so active! I know that feels wonderful.
 
Running! Yay, you! Wonderful to hear you doing so well.
 
Ann swears my leg is straight, now, the front of the thigh and calf are inline. slow but sure! Also, my flexion is now one "index finger" from heel to butt (easy test in bed! :) ). OS told me my new knee would always be larger than my other, due to scar tissue, but I do not see it, and they feel the same, I can feel the top of the tibia on both knees with the same degree of definition. Same for the knee cap and the bottom of the femur.
 
That's Fantasatic JM! Is that index finger width or length, frankly either is quite impressive!
 
I have noticed an unusual phenomenon. When I lay on my TKR side to sleep, the numb spot on my knee makes it feel like there is a hole on the mattress at that point. I guess it's my brain trying to make sense of the lack of sensation.
 
It's 4 years since my right TKR and my numb spot has finally started to decrease. there's certainly a lot of variation about how long it lasts, as my other knee, at 14 months old, is hardly numb at all.
 
i tried lying on the numb part and there is less sensation but I didn't feel as if there was hole in the mattress.
 
I walked all the staircases at church, including the steep one into the A/V loft, in double steps, that is, two steps at a time! No problems!
 
thanks. I'm not meaning to show-off, just logging events or personal milestones in my "diary" here! :) To compare with if my other knee needs replacement someday.
 
It is inspiring to read people's stories. Thanks for sharing.



Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom