TKR Graduated!

I think I was spittin' stitches up until about week 10...hopefully you'll be done soon! (The OS called me a "stitch spitter".)
 
they don't really bother me, just weird. OS said to just be sure the ejection point does not get infected. He says a small minority of folks eject the stitches instead of letting them dissolve.
 
I had one that turned into a blood blister of sorts that the PA in the office popped, cleaned, and bandaged. The rest were more cooperative. ;)
 
Interesting. As my knee cools to normal and the swelling is pretty much gone, the rate of "stitch spitting" has increased. :what:
 
Strange events. both my wife and son have injured their right big toe. Ann stumbled on wet leaves at school. and Sean stubbed his on an out of place landscape spike. Both covered by workman's Comp. So I am now the only able bodied person. Odd reversal.
Anyway, every night as I lay down to sleep, I lay on my side and use my "good" leg to push the TKR leg to max flexion before pain. I am down to about 2-3 inches from my (large) butt. That is about the same as the good leg, except the good leg can get there on it's own. :egypdance:

Progress! Extension is moving slower, but 0 is in sight.
 
measured flexion at 131 degrees today!

Also, I went shopping with my wife, and for the first time in a couple of years, she had trouble keeping up with my pace! (She is short :) )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
now, trying to increase extension feel exactly the same in both legs. Same tendon and muscle mass stretching. Of course, I'm not trying to increase extension on the non-tkr knee, but it is an interesting comparison.
 
both my wife and son have injured their right big toe
Patient First just called back, son's toe infection culture just came back and they want to see him. :beg:My wife is taking him in, now. Off-topic, but I am worried.
 
OK, the culture was rich with various strains of Bacteria, but including gram-negative bacteria. The doctors (they had two check it) think either the gram-negative bacteria was a small part, or it is responding to the two antibiotics he is already taking. So he is dismissed with a return Thursday for another check. :)
 
It was nice to worry about someone else for a change, wasn't it? And to be able to reassure and comfort them as they have done for you. Hope your entire family gets back on their feet quickly! Someday I might be able to outpace my husband. Not today, though.:mcoffee:
 
Glad to hear everyone is OK. When it rains, it pours! Don't get too sassy and jump back on that roller coaster!
( They really need to add a roller coaster emoji! )
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom