Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2
I am glad your swelling is getting better :) I bruise really easily, blonde hair, white
Skin. One time I broke my wrist & I was black from my wrist up my arm & onto my
Chest. Not even blue, just black..:yikes: Can you put heat on any of your tight muscles ?
T.O.Y.F.& A....:friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr: D.U.W.T.H.A.J ? :rotfl::rotfl:
 
@new knee in June LOL You crack me up! Now i'll be sitting here trying to figure out what the letters stand for. Yesterday after we got home from our outing and after dinner I did put my heating pad on the seat of the recliner to warm up my hammies and calf. It's a long heating pad so it got the job done and it did help. I had ice on my knee while I was doing it. I just got home from grocery shopping again (dieting, ugh!) and I'm all kinds of tight again. I sure wish that would stop happening!
 
@gr82cu2
Janet,
I am glad the heat makes you feel better. The tightness does go away, it seems to
Take a long time, probably because it does :heehee: the first one is Thinking of you forever &
Always:friends:2nd one is Do You Want to hear a joke ? :rotfl: I'm surprised I could remember
After so many hours.
Off to Work,
Take Care,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I did this mostly for myself to see how the scab is shrinking. I'm beginning to think it will hang on forever but it is shrinking, I guess. Left photo is from 12/9/14, right is 1/7/15. I need to make friends with my razor again :)

See the veins sticking out that I was talking about the other day? Weird!

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
It is looking better, but it is taking it's time to heal! Not so pretty.......(no offense, LOL).
 
@ljrfrm You may remember I declared my leg modeling career to be dead so beauty no longer matters, LOL. Actually I'm surprised that where the scab has disappeared the scar doesn't look all that bad.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet the scar looks much better, especially where the scab is gone. I am so glad the scab is finally healing and shrinking.
 
@ljrfrm You may remember I declared my leg modeling career to be dead so beauty no longer matters, LOL. Actually I'm surprised that where the scab has disappeared the scar doesn't look all that bad.
LOL!! It actually looks great around the scab. You may model yet, keep the faith :)
 
Hmmm to me.I.seee huge progress but then I'm just a.simple chap

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Janet, I agree that your scar is looking good. It's healing just as it should.
I think the veins are just a sign that there is still an increased blood supply to the area. I don't think you need to worry about it.
 
@gr82cu2 just popped in to your thread to see how you are doing. Seems like you are fine and the knee looks so much better. That's great. You must be really pleased after all the problems you had.
 
@Celle thank you! I was thinking about the veins last night and considered it could be increase blood flowing to my leg for healing. It still has plenty of that tight, full feeling around my knee and lower leg.

@SuperSnapper It's getting better, finally. My endurance is increasing a little but still not what I'd like it to be. At least I can now stand long enough to prepare a meal from scratch for instance. I leave hubby to do the cleaning up though :) I hope you are well! I need to check out your thread. BS dropped me off notifications again on a bunch of them and I've had to remember and hunt everyone down!
 
Just popped by to send you a ((((( hug))))) xxxx
Awwww thanks Nana! Hugs are always appreciated. I just posted on your thread before I saw your post here. Last night I decided to give sleeping in a bed a try again. The last time I tried and managed to stay all night, my legs hurt so bad the following day so I tabled it again for a few weeks. I've had a bout of tendonitis in my right elbow which I've chalked up to 1) Spending far too many hours a day sitting here with my laptop and 2) Sleeping for months with my elbow jammed into the sofa back or the arm on my recliner. I thought giving it a little more freedom in bed would be beneficial. It didn't help my elbow but at least my legs are no worse for wear this time. I slept in the guest bedroom because I didn't want to wake hubby up trying to get myself situated and comfortable. I got in bed with 2 pillows under my legs and fell right to sleep without any tossing and turning. So, maybe tonight I'll crawl into my much beloved Sleep Number bed and give it a go. It actually feels weird after all this time to think of sleeping in a bed instead of the sofa or recliner. It feels foreign to me. (((hugs))) back at ya!
 
So, this just popped out! I've been feeling it for several weeks. If something brushed over that part of my knee it felt like being poked with a pin from the inside out. I tugged on it a little with tweezers but it wouldn't come free so I pulled it as much as I could and clipped it off so the rest would go back under the skin. This is completely different than the ones my body spit out with my 1st knee. Those were much finer. This is heavy duty so I'm thinking it was used to stitch the muscles back together.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2, that stitch or whatever it is is pretty far from your incision. Your incision looks really good. My scar looks much thicker than yours. I have to say your knee looks so ju h better than it did a month ago. Anne
 
@Yorkimom Thanks! The scar, I have to say, is pretty nice except for where it's still so scabby which isn't really shown in that picture. It's nice and thin otherwise. I'm surprised they would leave such a long tail on a stitch like that. I think my body doesn't like dissolvable stitches. I've spit them out with other surgeries I've had too. It's not a big deal except when they are poking from the inside out it hurts a little.
 
I would call your OS, if you can send them the photo, and see what they say. Most stitches come up over the incision not at the side.
 
Oh @Pumpkln Thanks but if you knew me you would know I'm the one in a million that always gets the bizarre stuff, LOL! I think it's fine now. I clipped it and don't feel a thing now. With my first knee I noticed that under the skin trailing away from the incision there were like raised kind of squiggly lines for the longest time. I even showed them to my daughter in law who is a PA and she agreed with me that they were the tails of stitches laying just under the skin. I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not worried.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom