TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@ljrfrm Thank you! I've tried during the past few weeks to really concentrate on how far I've come and to not forget what it was like pre-TKR! It has helped tremendously. I think it's only natural for us all to dwell on how long this recovery is, all the pain involved and it's all but inevitable to get at least a little depressed but we have to keep our eye on the prize. I know I posted this before but I think it is worth repeating. At my (2nd) 6 week OS follow-up I was a crying mess and told him I had done this to get my life back and I felt like it was further away than ever. His reply was, he wasn't giving me my old life back, he was giving me a new, better life :) I'm finally starting to believe that just might be true. There's still lots of healing to take place but at least I now feel like I'm standing on top of the mountain looking down instead of clawing my way to the top :) It's all downhill from here! You've been such a great support and friend to me here.
 
I love that quote by your OS! It's so true - and we WILL get there. Some of us just take the scenic route :)

You've been a great support to me too - so much we've had in common - which helps to know that someone else knows how I feel.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27

I've been absent from bonesmart for a little while. My husband's parents have been a bit of a challenge. She has been in the hospital and then inpatient rehab. They decided it was finally time to move to an assisted living facility so we've been busy making that happen. We finally got them all moved in, apartment decorated and ready to go yesterday! I'm beyond exhausted.

My legs got very cranky but held up well and after some rest I feel no worse for wear as far as my knees are concerned. The rest of me is another story, haha! Soooooo tired! I do feel though that all the effort and activity was beneficial. It gave me a good reason to get up and move and there was lots of walking, lifting, stretching going on. I need to get back into shape soon because............

We're also planning another trip to Europe :) I came across an incredibly good deal to take a transatlantic cruise from Florida to Barcelona in May and we jumped on it. We'll be traveling from Barcelona to Venice to Florence and finally to Rome before flying home. I'm so excited! This morning I'm working on finding places to stay while we are over there.

I have an inbox full of notifications from bonesmart that I eventually need to catch up on. I want to know how everyone is doing, including yourself. I'll make the rounds as soon as I can. Thanks for asking about me. (((hugs)))
 
I am doing the Barcelona to Venice cruise on Viking Star in March 2016 - I know it is over a year away but I am so excited - never been to Europe and by next year both of these knees should be ready for some great exploring - I read your thread from start to finish before, during and after my right TKR and you have no idea how helpful all of your postings were to me - I really had an easy recovery from my right TKR and I am sure a lot of it had to do with my mental and emotional preparedness from yours and so many other people's posts....so - THANK YOU and everyone for honest, realistic sharing of your experience, strength and hope!!!!!

My left knee is being done in April (after a Hawaii getaway) and I am looking forward to my final recovery!!!
 
@gr82cu2 Just popping in to see how you are doing. Sounds as if you've been busy but the knees are doing well.
Barcelona to Vanice will be exciting. You'll have a great time and so many wonderful things to see at each destination. And May is a lovely time to go, not too hot but there'll be loads of lovely flowers. Take some really comfy walking shoes though. There are quite a few excursions you can take out from each city too, if you have time. Do try to visit Siena - a breathtakingly beautiful but quite small place. I'm getting excited on your behalf!
We're hoping to fly to Venice in October for a short break. But off for some mountain walking in Switzerland in June first.

@spihaven we did a Viking cruise to China in 2013, really well organised, good excursions and the food was lovely. Hope you have a great time.
 
We went on queen Elizabeth Rome and included two days in Venice it is the most amazing trip 14days and that was with my cranky knee I walked and climbed using a walking stick on my return it was my decision to bite bullet and get knee done so in future I can enjoy these trips pain free
Have lovely trip


20/01/2015
 
@spihaven I'm so happy my thread was a help to you during your TKR. Good luck on the next one! We've waited, after booking a cruise, almost 2 years before :) It was torture but also gave lots and lots and lots of time to plan out the port stops. This will be the shortest time we have waited, less than 2 months. We just booked it last week. When I saw I could book this 12 night cruise for the 2 of us in an outside balcony for $1654 I said to Kent, "It's too bad I don't feel like I could pull together another big Europe trip on short notice." His reply was, "Why can't you?" So, here we are, haha! We will only have one port stop in Malaga, Spain before arriving in Barcelona. It will be 10 sea days in all. We love sea days. We did a transatlantic last year to Europe and it was fantastic. It cost no more than flying and when we arrived we weren't jet lagged :) I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.

@SuperSnapper We're only cruising to Barcelona. From there we will fly to Venice and then take the trains to Florence and Rome. We absolutely fell in love with Florence last year so the plan this time is to stay 11 nights so we have plenty of time to visit Pisa, Siena, Cinque Terre, etc. while we are there. One of these trips I have a goal to get to Switzerland. It's where my ancestors on dad's side came from.....a small village outside of Zurich called Gladfelden.

@Homeport Last year when we went (we were gone for 6 weeks total) I was hobbling around on 2 really cranky knees and then towards the end I tripped and fell hard on my knees going into a train station in Naples. That was the final death blow to my knees! While I know I won't likely be 100% comfortable even now, it has to be less painful than last spring when my knees were bone on bone. I had told my OS that I would likely want to have my knees replaced when I got back so as soon as we returned I set it all in motion. We had a wonderful time but didn't get to do everything we wanted because my knees just wouldn't allow it. Hopefully this time will be different.
 
@gr82cu2 you are doing so well with your knees. You helped a lot with your in lawsith your in laws and your knees seem to have held up. Your trip will be awesome and your new knees are much better than the old one. Rest and ice when you can on the trip and enjoy!!
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I've been away from home. My mother in law passed away from a stroke early this past Monday morning. And now my father in law is in the hospital in the cardiac intensive care unit. He's doing better now though and is in good spirits. I really tested my legs this week. They are sore but held up well for me all in all. How have you been doing? I still have a lot of catching up to do around here but I've just been so busy with one thing and another it seems. xox
 
Checking in to see how you are. Sorry for all the problems. Best luck xxxx



FaithMitchMommy

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @gr82cu2

I was so sorry to hear about your poor mother in law. Then your poor father in law have a cardiac problem. Oh Janet. Sending you a ((((big hug))) x x x

How are you doing?

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 Thanks for stopping by again. I'm doing ok. I'm very happy to report my father in law has been discharged from the hospital and is doing well so far. He's 86 so every setback is a worry. The memorial service for my mother in law had to be postponed a week and will be this coming Monday. My legs are settling down finally today. I was very sore there for awhile. Have you gotten a surgery date yet for your 2nd TKR? I keep trying to catch up with everyone and every day just gets away from me with all that has been happening. I did see that you posted on Marmora's thread. If you heard from her please let me know by PM if you need to. As with everyone else, I hope she is doing well. xox
 
Hi @gr82cu2

I promise you I never heard anything back from Marmora. She cannot be contacted by pm. What happened was I wanted to go on to her thread and couldn't remember the title. So I went through her avatar. The next thing I knew (I was half asleep) was that it flashed up she was last seen Wednesday. That's why I posted her. The last I heard was she was going to a relatives funeral in Cork.

This often happens with members, they suddenly go off without a trace. One minute they're there and next vanished. I've seen this happen quite a bit. Also, when they make a near as full recovery, they are moving on with their lives, especially when returning to work etc x

I am so happy that your Father in law has made a good recovery. I hope that all goes well with your mother in laws memorial.

No I've not had a date but I do hope that it's soon. This lefty is dreadful and not to be trusted. It gives way and only occasionally do I get a pain warning that it's going to go. I get a lot of arthritic pain in it. Officially I'm pencilled in for June but I'm down for a cancellation should one arise with my surgeon x

Please take care Janet, it's ever so lovely to hear from you. How are your knees doing? I'm glad I had my revision x x x

Love Ann x x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom