Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@ConnieJOS ..... I'm so sorry to hear of what you and your husband are going through. My prayers are going out for you both.
 
I'm sorry you're still not sleeping comfortably in bed. But great result with the ROM so far.
 
I had another follow up with my OS today. And I finally got to see my x-rays. They did some more today which surprised me but I was glad because the nurse put them up on the computer screen in the exam room for the doctor and before he came in I got some pictures of them on my phone. The single one is my right knee. He said everything looks perfect :) I really didn't bring up any issues to speak of because I honestly think I'm at the point now where only time is going to solve any lingering aches, pain and stiffness. I did talk to him a bit about my right knee cap which is not very moveable. My left one was always (once the swelling subsided) easy to move. The right one isn't stuck, it will move, but it takes some coaxing. I had to work on it quite awhile last night pushing it up and down, left to right and diagonally and eventually it freed up some and my knee bent so much better! I was so glad to see him today because of my elbow more than my knees. He did give me a cortisone shot in it and it feels a bit better already. He wasn't entirely sure that it's tendonitis because of where I was complaining of the pain but it's settled into the crook of my elbow and started at the pointy bone on the outside of my elbow. There is like a pocket of swelling in there that I can feel when I'm able to straighten my elbow which I can't always do since this flared up. He wanted to put me on Prednisone instead of the shot but I really wanted the shot. It's been hurting me really bad now for over 3 weeks.

Those of you @Jamie who are more familiar with seeing the x-rays does it look to you like I have a button on my patella? I meant to ask him but then the conversation turned to my elbow and I forgot. I don't see anything that looks like what I've seen on other x-rays of the patella button. I guess it doesn't matter if I didn't need it. I'm just curious. Thanks! Sorry 2 of the pictures turned sideways. I wish I knew what causes that.

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 Hey Janet! What a brilliant idea to snap a pic of computer screen! Don't know that I would have ever thought of it. I know nothing of this stuff, but why do your knees not look the same?

Also, while I am messaging you, I have a question. Didn't you talk to the gal whose handle was Tired wife or something like that? TiredWife, I don't remember. Anyway, what's happened to her, do you know? Seems we lost maromora and now tiredwife. I'm concerned about both of them! Mary
 
@gr82cu2, Hi Janet! Glad to hear that your appointment went well. It's about time something went right for you! I hope the shot in your elbow does the trick. Great idea taking s picture of your knees. I wish I had thought of that!!
 
@wolf woman they look different I think because I can't quite straighten my right knee (left on your screen) which makes it look like there is a much bigger gap. Hehe, I just realized the top picture could be confused for something else, LOL!

Tiredwife, I'm not sure exactly what happened. Her thread is closed now and even though people tag her she doesn't answer, I've noticed. @marmora doesn't answer either and it has me rather worried. Makes me wish I would have connected with some of these people outside of the forum, like facebook or email at least. I don't know if it's allowed (I guess I'll be told if it's not) but you can email me so we have another way of staying in touch. We don't live too far from each other. Maybe one day we could meet 1/2 way or something. Hopefully they are well and just moving on to their new improved lives. It's just that we were friends (I thought) not just temporary supporters. Sigh.....I get way too attached to people.
 
@Yorkimom Thanks! My righty is still a challenge and gets very cranky but overall I can tell it's getting better. The constant pain is gone now. It doesn't like me to stand for too long on it but really that's not even the knee objecting. It's my hamstrings, quads and calf muscles. They get so tight which in turn makes the knee stiff, or feel stiff at least. I've noticed the past week or two that there is a place about palm size right over the center of my knee that feels extremely tight but I think it's because my scar is still quite rigid from sutures that haven't dissolved yet and like I explained above, my knee cap isn't real moveable. It will get better though :) Have to try and stay positive.
 
Well.....please do remember that you are only about 2 months with that right knee. That's so early in recovery. You have plenty of time to get more comfort out of your new knee.
 
Dunno, how much is the normal patella supposed to move around, except for obviously when we bend our knees? My PT made a fuss over trying to budge my TKR patella, but I notice even my non-sugical kneecap doesn't really move when I push on it, and I'm not inclined to try very hard.
 
@gr82cu2 You really have come far since the last time you saw your OS. Glad the appointment went well and that you got the shot for your elbow. As for your top photo, I have always had that same thought when I've seen that one x-ray angle over the years :)
 
Jamie, I know I'm still early with my right knee. It just feels like forever because my left knee was only 14 weeks old and still struggling when I had it done. So, it's been 5 long months with them both. I think the people that are able to do both @ljrfrm are absolute geniuses looking back on it. My OS won't do both at the same time though and there is no way (in spite of me whining so much about him at times, LOL) that I would have let anyone else do my knees.

@Clipless If you really get your leg & knee relaxed and only very slightly bent you should be able to move it around. I was told by both my OS and my PT to move it around every couple of days or so. I suppose it's possible to develop adhesions there and that wouldn't be good. Once I can get mine moving, which takes some effort at times, my knee does bend better.

@ljrfrm Yes, I was feeling so much more happy and positive when I saw him today. Nothing like the blubbering idiot I was last time. I do still feel emotional about it at times and feel frustrated and discouraged but when we look back over time we really have come a very long way. It's a challenge to keep a positive frame of mind but I'm trying. The past couple of weeks I've been able to do more and I think that has helped a lot. I never thought I'd be glad to cook dinner every night again, LOL!! It's just that sense of normalcy that we all need to get back and even if it comes in bits and bites it feels so good when it happens :)
 
And to know both surgeries are done now for you......no additional surgery hanging over you :)
 
Wow, nobody told me to move my kneecap! I couldn't even find it until last week (swelling). Now I see that I can wiggle them both just a bit if I relax my legs. That's a relief. Thanks for the tip!
 
nobody told me to move my kneecap! I couldn't even find it until last week (swelling). Now I see that I can wiggle them both just a bit if I relax my legs

My PT was adamant that I not until she taught me the appropriate way to do it. Which meant locating the spots for the placement of my thumbs and applying just the tiniest movement.
 
@gr82cu2
Hi Janet :wave:
Your new Knees look Awesome :egypdance:Do you still have a lot of swelling ? By the
Springtime you should be able to do a 5K :heehee:
Thinking of you & Wishing you Well :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:P.S....T.S.H....
 
@new knee in June

Hi Diana :) Thanks! I could have never run a 5k, LOL! Don't see that in my future but I'll sure be happy to go out and take some long walks.

I would say the swelling in my left knee is 99% gone. My right knee comes and goes still but overall is much, much better in that regard. I've noticed (and may have mentioned here before) that in the right light if I look down the length of my leg, below my knee, I see all kinds of lumps and dents in my leg. It's really strange. I did ask my OS about that yesterday and he said it's from the hemorrhaging during surgery and will eventually go away. I had to laugh because he said, "You might have had some bruising you could see in your leg." I was like, dude! My toes were even black and blue. Yep, I noticed the bruising. Also, I've noticed in my right leg I have several places now where it looks like varicose veins which I never had before. I'm hoping it's just some residual swelling pushing the veins to the surface where they are more noticeable and is only temporary. My main complaint now is my hamstring, quad and calf muscles tightening up and making my leg stiff but I'm sure it will get better in time.
 
Back
Top Bottom