Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Glad to hear the scab is healing.
Your newest scar will catch up with the other one, just takes time, amazing how we heal so well.
it is great to get rid of the medical stuff in the house :yes!:.
Enjoy your sleep number bed tonight!:sleep:
 
@gr82cu2 So glad you will being trying a bed. 5 months is a long time. Give yourself some time to get used to it and find a position that works for you - don't give up too quickly!! You are making great progress lately after your rough start. So glad to hear about it!
 
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Me setting around Knee has been bothering me.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Well, I did it! One day shy of 5 months I slept all night in an actual bed. I fell right to sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees and slept solid for 5 hours before waking to potty. Then it was fitful after that. My knees both felt extra stiff and sore but also my elbow was really bothering me. I drifted in and out of sleep for another 3 hours and got up. I'll give it a go again tonight and if it goes well again tomorrow I'll try and crawl into my sleep number bed, back where I belong.
 
@gr82cu2 Awesome news to be sleeping in bed! One more step to normalcy. Congrats. Sorry your elbow is still hurting. Have you talked to your dr about your elbow? A few days of Prednisone will usually calm mine down. Warm, moist compresses may also help. Hope it feels better soon.
 
Congratulations on your longest sleep. Sleep well tonight.:sleep:
 
@Minnie's knees I see my OS a week from tomorrow so I thought I'd just wait and if it still is a bother, talk to him about it and hopefully he will give me a cortisone shot in it. It has been puffy with swelling but now it feels like a harder lump under the skin where the puffiness was. I've been icing it off and on and Michelle told me to get (I don't know what it's called) this band thing with a pressure point on it. I got that on Friday but it just made it hurt so much worse. She also showed me some exercises/stretches to do which also made it scream worse. As long as it's bent it's not too bad but if I straighten it, OUCH!! And my arm feels weak because lifting anything makes it hurt. Blah! It never ends I don't think.
 
@gr82cu2 I get it in my right elbow a few times a year. I know it hurts to do anything that you have to straighten it out for. I really feel for you. Hopefully it feels better soon.
 
I just got home from my final PT session unless OS wants me to have more. I see him next Monday. I sure am going to miss Michelle. I had to give her a hug and try to keep from getting misty eyed. She has really been invaluable to me and has been so supportive through both my knees. I'm positive had I been left on my own without PT I wouldn't be where I am. She had a great approach with never causing me pain but yet she encouraged me to do just a little more each time.

Official measurements today were 126/-4 on left knee (22 weeks old). If I could get hold of my leg and pull it I'm sure it would go to 130 without too much effort. Right knee (8 weeks old) was 110/1. I sure wish I could get this right leg to go straight. It's close though so I'm sure it will with time and some more effort on my part. @marmora How is your extension coming along? I sure wish you would check in and let us know you are ok :) Every time I do my extension exercises I think of you.

Michelle printed off some exercises for me to do at home so I'll have to be a good girl and actually do them. I tend to be a slacker on that kind of stuff and really, I have no excuse as I have nothing but time on my hands. I don't know how so many of you return to work so soon after this surgery. I salute you all!

p.s. Elbow is feeling MUCH better today!
 
@gr82cu2 GREAT numbers!!!! I know how hard it is to say goodbye to your PT.........but great job to not need her anymore!
 
@gr82cu2 it took me forever to get comfortable in bed knee no 2 had to bend it off to the side believe it or not , but would toss and turn until knee no 2 got comfortable I finally don't have to fight to get it comfortable any more thank goodness Have you notice if the weather affects how your knees are feeling, mine sure does but then it could be my RA.
 
but great job to not need her anymore!
I'm not positive I don't though! I'd like to think I'll be ok on my own and that there really isn't anything she does for me there that won't be accomplished just by getting on with life as much as I am able to. Honestly, after going for almost 5 months I'm scared not to, LOL! My flexion in my new knee is ok and will continue to get better I'm sure. It's right about where the left one was at the same time post op but with the left one I kept going to therapy right up until my 2nd operation to keep strengthening it. That was 6 weeks longer than this one. Oh well, I guess time will tell.
 
I was scared to stop also. Remember I even made an appointment for 3 weeks later just to check in. She's always there if you need her!!! But, you'll do great on your own :)
 
@madinana My trial night in bed Saturday night was enough to cause me to not even want to try again for a good while. My legs hurt worse Sunday, all day, than they have in a long time. I don't understand why though. I know I fell asleep on my left side and when I woke up in agony 5 hours later I was on my back. I would think I would have moved my legs around as much in my sleep in bed as I do on the sofa or recliner. The big difference was elevation. I couldn't seem to get my pillow stack in the bed under the covers. Oh well, it's ok. I'm used to this now anyway. It's been 5 months and I slept in my recliner last year for about 4 months between having neck problems and tearing my meniscus in both knees, one after the other. This recliner isn't even 2 years old yet but has had about 20 years worth of use, LOL!!

Weather is definitely affecting me. I noticed yesterday when it was sunny and clear I felt a lot less achy. Today has been overcast with temps dropping and my knees have been very stiff and more sore today. I just wonder once healing is complete if that will continue to be a problem for us. I sure hope not! I was so looking forward to being able to at least get off NSAIDs once my knees are healed. I've taken them for too long and they are causing other problems but without them my knees scream!

I hope you get to feeling better and this weather settles down soon. xox
 
I know this is off topic but my very best friend here needs some prayers. @ConnieJOS husband Melvin is in the hospital. He has a blood clot that is blocking a stent in his leg and is serious danger of losing his leg. Apparently his arteries are not in good enough shape to do a bypass. They have been trying to break up the clot with no success so far. Please pray for recovery for Melvin and for Connie to find strength. She is very scared right now. Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom