Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2, Hi Janet! How is your knee doing today? Are your pain levels down to where you are comfortable yet?? Anne
 
Hi Anne @Yorkimom , thanks for asking. No, definitely not comfortable yet and as a matter of fact, more miserable yesterday and today. Yesterday's little outing to Walmart did me in, I think. Michelle worked me over today trying to get things loosened up without much success. She said, and I agree, my muscles and tendons are so tight and not allowing good movement. And she thinks a lot of what is keeping my extension from going to 0 is my tight hamstring muscle and tendons. They are rock hard! She said when I go in on Friday she will work those over with her tools. Ouch! But, they need to give way. This knee sure has been a challenge! I'm trying to stay positive but it seems to be getting harder and harder all the time. I've had about enough! (((Hugs)))
 
@gr82cu2, oh darn! Sorry to hear that you are in pain again. I was really hoping that you were turning a corner.
It is amazing how tight our muscles can gI've us so much pain. I know tomorrow is Christmas Eve, but try to rest a little so you can enjoy Christmss Day.
 
Resting is definitely on the agenda for tomorrow. We have no plans at all. At most, our oldest son may come for pizza. His wife went to NJ to be with her family for Xmas. I have to make a simple dessert for Christmas day and that's it.
 
Hi every one. I hope all of you is doing well. I know we are all in the same bending shoes lol. Best luck to all of you!!!


SonnysWife❤️
 
@gr82cu2
Hi Janet,
Just checking in on you :) I hope with continued P.T you feel much better.
Keep icing & elevating for the swelling. This surgery is not for the folks
Who expect to bounce back quickly ( unfortunately) Patience is the key &
You will be getting better every day.
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June Hi Diana, thanks for asking about me. I'm still roughly the same, more or less, haha! As long as I'm off my feet, especially with my leg up and iced I feel good. I can only be on my feet for 15-30 minutes before I really begin to wish to be off of them. Everything just tightens up so bad and aches, especially in my newest knee. I know it will get better though. That icky scabby place I've had is slowly, very slowly shrinking, so that encourages me. I've been worried about it taking so long to heal. And the scab is pulling on my skin and feeling pinchy a lot of the time.

We had a very nice Christmas day at our son's house. I hope you had a great day too!
 
Glad u had good day. My leg is same way to. No scab jus swelling.


SonnysWife❤️
 
@gr82cu2 Glad you had a nice Christmas day. This TKR recovery is definitely a long and slow road. Glad your scab is looking better sorry it feels pinchy.
 
@gr82cu2, good morning Janet. Hope your knee is feeling better today. I hope you had a nice Christmas Day with your son and your knee didn't give you too much trouble. I know you have said that you can't be up on it for any length of time.
 
@Sonny'sWife I saw your latest scar pic on the scar thread but didn't comment there because we're not supposed to chit chat, LOL. It looks really good. Dealing with the swelling, in my mind, is at the top of the list of issues we have to get through. Sometimes I wonder if it really will ever end.

@Minnie's knees I think the bottom part of the scab was pulling on the skin where it was healing. I shouldn't have but I got out a tweezer and got the scab off where it was doing that and it feels better now. Just a tiny spot.

@Yorkimom I plunked myself down on a chair with my leg propped up on another one in the middle of the action and for once in my life let them do for me. It was pretty cool! I love this whole idea of passing the torch, haha!
 
Thanks. My leg is healing good. Still some swollen. But painful to bend at times. I wish I was able to get in a tub to. I have peaces of scab to. But can't get them off. I was guilty of pulling off glue lol.


SonnysWife❤️
 
@gr82cu2 Hope you had a great Christmas. Glad you feel a bit better - even if it's only a little each day- it will add up.

I've been in my recliner most of the day and actually just took a Tramadol. I think I did bit too much earlier in the week and have paid for it yesterday and today. It was a nice Christmas though - so probably worth it!!
 
@ljrfrm We had a wonderful Christmas day. The happiest day I can remember in a long time. On top of the knees I now have tendonitis in my right elbow that is helping to take my mind off the knees. Man, it hurts! I hope you are up and at 'em again soon! You have another week or so before returning to work I hope. xox
 
@gr82cu2 Yep, one more week of sleeping in and keeping my recliner warm!!

That was nice of your elbow to help you keep your mind off your knees. Glad you had a happy Christmas! :)
 
@gr82cu2, My sincerest apologies for not getting back to you after you so kindly shared you PT information. Computer trouble, difficulty logging in, life. Anyway, she sounded great. But I'm on the total opposite side of town. I did ask about massage and icing and was referred to another therapist who specializes in lipodema/lymphedema. I think you definitely had a great one. Hope you are doing well. And thanks again for the info.
 
@forever39 You are welcome! I wondered what happened to you :) I hope you are getting along better now and progressing. My last PT session with Michelle will be this coming Tuesday unless my OS feels I need more sessions or I regress but I doubt that will happen at this point. Take care!
 
Things aren't that great; have seen another surgeon who actually did x-ray even though I'm still technically within the original surgeon's 90 days. I keep telling myself there's something to be learned from all this; I just haven't figured out what that is yet. I am so glad you are doing well. I followed you after your surgery and I remember how much pain you had. I love knowing these surgeries do work. Take care.
 
Everyone, I'm feeling a little encouraged :) I decided this morning I'm sick to death of my family room being converted to a hospital room so Kent and I worked together to get it put back the way it belongs. Moving furniture and all that doesn't seem to have caused a problem other than for my poor elbow. I'm going to try to sleep in a bed tonight for the first time in 5 months. I'll try the guest room so if I end up flopping around trying to get comfortable I won't bother Kent. If that's unsuccessful I'll just sleep in the recliner. If I am successful I really look forward to being back in my Sleep Number bed!!!! 5 months is a very long time.

My knee is feeling pretty good now. The constant pain is gone. It is still somewhat swollen which increases as I'm up on it. Anything more than about 30 minutes causes increased swelling and stiffness (both of which cause pain as you all know) but usually all I have to do is sit down, elevate it and ice it for a bit and I'm good to go again after awhile. So, I have just been pacing myself and doing one chore here and another there and eventually it gets done. My incision is very slowly healing. The bigger scabby place I've had is slowly shrinking. The scab has been pulling on the new skin that is forming which is kind of annoying but I can see that the scab isn't as deep as it was so I think new skin is growing underneath it and will eventually push the scab off. Or, I hope so at least. It's a shame that happened because the scar on that leg otherwise is a very fine line that will be barely noticeable. My left leg scar is not real wide or anything but it is still purple. I'm still working on extension on my right leg which has been stubborn but at last measure it was at 1 degree so I'm almost there. I'll be so glad because when I stand I tend to shift my weight to my left leg and that causes it to get cranky and it hurts my hips and back and is just tiring. I'm hoping by spring this will all be mostly a memory.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom