TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@tiredwife [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! Marc is on his way. He says to keep quiet and don't say a word. I told him that might be hard, but he said you need to listen to him. He'll be there in 20!
 
@gr82cu2, you've had a great report today at PT. I'm so glad you have Michelle looking out for you! Your ROM of 92 is wonderful with your leg still being so swollen. I'm at 8 weeks post op today and I'm only at 100. Before you know it, you will be past me!!! Hopefully you are on your way and will improve each day. I'll be anxious to hear what your primary do. Has to say on Monday. Anne
 
Your ROM of 92 is wonderful with your leg still being so swollen.
I know it is and actually is about where I was at this stage last time only I'm a lot more swollen now. I don't mean to sound complaining. I know others have struggled much harder for much, much longer. Some never reach even 90 no matter how hard they work at it. It's just that I was so over the moon happy when my first measurement was 108. It seemed unbelievable to me to be honest. With that and how little pain I initially had I thought this one really was going to be easier and then within 4 hours I felt like it had all been robbed from me. Honestly, the emotional pain of that was almost worse than they physical pain. I was just sick about it! I'm just hoping now that as the swelling continues to decrease and the flexion increases the pain will get back down to where it was initially also and not take 4 months like the other one has. You know how this is and I don't have to tell you. I just want my life back! NOW!!! These knees have been in charge of my life for too long now.
 
@gr82cu2 @marmora @Yorkimom I'm free!broken link removed: https://www.hazelnet.org/icon/emote/circle.gif Marc took the photos of Janet's bruises and swelling and threatened
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
to get all the OR people's licenses revoked. They were like
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
. So all charges were dropped and you get all your bail money back!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
Marc was awesome Anne!
 
@gr82cu2 @marmora @Yorkimom I'm free!broken link removed: https://www.hazelnet.org/icon/emote/circle.gif Marc took the photos of Janet's bruises and swelling and threatened
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
to get all the OR people's licenses revoked. They were like
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
. So all charges were dropped and you get all your bail money back!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
Marc was awesome Anne!

Good job @tiredwife! [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! Thanks to Marc also. You never know you might find the need for a good lawyer. [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@tiredwife, @gr82cu2, so glad Marc could help. He is great but then again I'm a proud mom!
Janet, I know exactly how you feel about your ROM of motion. Of course they say your ROM is always better in the hospital than when you first go to PT, but at the hospital my ROM was 97 which was so much better than my first knee. Like you I was so excited and thought that this recovery was going to be so much better than my first. Then after that first horrendous week of PT it went down to 62 and I was so upset. So I know where you are coming from. Today Christine said it is getting better and she guesses it is around 100. It looks like I'll be going to therapy for quite a time longer. Our goal is 120 and that seems like ions away. But I'll get there.
 
can head for Las Vegas
Oh! We're going to Las Vegas??? [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

it went down to 62 and I was so upset
Yep, you get it then. The first time my ROM went from 80 on surgery day to 90 the day after to 82 at my first PT session. I gained 2-5 degrees a week for several weeks and then came to a screeching halt at 110 for about a month before sneaking up to 115 and finally 120 right before #2 was done. It's all about the swelling, I swear! Yes, tendons and muscles would still be sore for awhile but bending would be so much easier without this dreaded swelling. Grrrrr!!!
 
@gr82cu2 you must have slept through it. Mom and dad are camping for Thanksgiving and she asked auntie Cathie @marmora to sit with us. Auntie Cathie decided we should go to Vegas cause she's an awesome auntie. She decided to rent us the penthouse with plenty of ice, telly and hunks and no Hagis or blood pudding :eeeuw: . Check out @madinana and @tiredwife threads for details.
Las Vegas baby :dancy::ok::spin:get to packing!
Thanks for getting bail money to mom. I was napping during all of that lol.
 
@gr82cu2 That's a fantastic ROM for what you've been through - it took me almost 6 weeks to get to 90 degrees. (I was down to 72 my first PT appt) What a difference - over 20 degrees since your last appointment. Keep doing what you're doing....because it's working :)
 
Janet @gr82cu2
You wrote,
I know it is and actually is about where I was at this stage last time only I'm a lot more swollen now. I don't mean to sound complaining. I know others have struggled much harder for much, much longer. Some never reach even 90 no matter how hard they work at it. It's just that I was so over the moon happy when my first measurement was 108. It seemed unbelievable to me to be honest. With that and how little pain I initially had I thought this one really was going to be easier and then within 4 hours I felt like it had all been robbed from me. Honestly, the emotional pain of that was almost worse than they physical pain. I was just sick about it! I'm just hoping now that as the swelling continues to decrease and the flexion increases the pain will get back down to where it was initially also and not take 4 months like the other one has. You know how this is and I don't have to tell you. I just want my life back! NOW!!! These knees have been in charge of my life for too long now.
I know it is and actually is about where I was at this stage last time only I'm a lot more swollen now. I don't mean to sound complaining. I know others have struggled much harder for much, much longer. Some never reach even 90 no matter how hard they work at it. It's just that I was so over the moon happy when my first measurement was 108. It seemed unbelievable to me to be honest. With that and how little pain I initially had I thought this one really was going to be easier and then within 4 hours I felt like it had all been robbed from me. Honestly, the emotional pain of that was almost worse than they physical pain. I was just sick about it! I'm just hoping now that as the swelling continues to decrease and the flexion increases the pain will get back down to where it was initially also and not take 4 months like the other one has. You know how this is and I don't have to tell you. I just want my life back! NOW!!! These knees have been in charge of my life for too long now.[/QUO

Janet,
I hear and understand what you are saying and understand your disappointment and frustration and want to acknowledge your very real feelings. You wrote with honesty.

At this moment, I'm not going to say, "there's light at the end,..." or "better days to come" or "one day at a time".
You don't need to hear that, you need to know that your real honest feelings deserve respect.

Cathie
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom