TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 , hey Janet just stopping by to wish you a good night. Are you going to PT tomorrow? If so, I hope Michelle can give you some more relief. Take care, Anne
 
Hi @tiredwife. I can't really tell it is any better since this morning but as you know it seems like usually if any swelling comes down it happens at night. Even though I've been up on my feet very little during the day it's even less over night. I've got my NMES on right now with the swelling setting and I've kept ice on it a good part of the day.

@Yorkimom I do have PT tomorrow afternoon. I sort of hope she does a repeat of Tuesday because I really think it helped. I may be able to do a few minor exercises but right now I'd rather concentrate on this swelling.

@Madiana please don't leave BM on my thread :eeeuw: :rotfl:

I've still been sleeping a lot again today. Just can't stay awake. I'll sleep 60-90 minutes, wake up, feel ok for about an hour, fight it for another hour and then sleep and repeat. I called my family doctor today to make an appointment for Monday to get my hemoglobin checked. I don't know what to expect to have happened in a couple of weeks on the iron but I'm just so dang sleepy. At least I should have some sort of test result to tell Darrell when I see him next Thursday. I'm sure the pain meds aren't helping but this is crazy! I don't know if my doc knows I've even had these knees done. I haven't seen him since early spring. My OS has him as my primary doctor but I don't know if they have sent him any information or not. I guess if he doesn't know it will be a surprise! If this excessive sleepiness doesn't resolve over the weekend I may ask him for a lighter pain med like hydrocodone. Maybe the fact that it keeps me awake will counter balance the anemia sleepiness, LOL.
 
Janet @gr82cu2

Good to hear that you will be seeing your Family/Primary doctor on Monday.
It's Friday about 3:15 pm here in Dublin and you should be 5 or 6 hours behind.

So wishing you a good session with Michelle today.

Cathie
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I hope all the bail money is raised?
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
I got angry at my computer
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
so it probably wasn't a good time to confront your OR people [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
but I did anyway! I was nice at first, just talking to them. Then I admit I got just a tad more aggressive
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
. They still wouldn't answer my questions so I admit I got a little angry
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
and well.... you know how things just kind of happen [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
and then [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! I admit I got a little carried away. Anyway the nice men in blue came
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
and gave me a ride in their pretty car
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
. So
here I am needing bail [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! !
 
Oh gosh, I hope @tiredwife isn't in jail for long! I had a pretty decent report at PT this afternoon. Remember, I told you on Tuesday that Michelle measured my flexion and didn't say anything. She just sort of glanced at me. She knew how upset I was over this swelling. Well, today she measured me at 92 and told me on Tuesday it had been 70 and that's why she didn't say anything. She figured I was upset enough. She took the kinesio tape off. You all should see my leg! She placed it over the bruising mostly on the front side of my leg. Where the tape had been, the bruising is mostly gone! I now have striped legs....alternating stripes of bruised and not bruised. The worst of my bruising has settled in the back of my thigh up high and extending onto my butt :heehee: So, she put more tape there and said to leave it on until I come back on Tuesday next week. She used that rockin' ice/compression machine (I looked it up on Amazon $2,500 and that didn't include the hoses or sleeves!) on me again too. The only exercises she had me do were 8 minutes at my own, very slow pace on the nu-step machine with zero resistance, some heel slides and knee flexes. She said not to do any other exercises at home until Tuesday other than ankle pumps, gentle flexes and quad sets. She said we'll worry about exercises next week after more of this swelling goes down. The swelling is down some but still pretty bad. I still can't put on any of my shoes, my foot is so swollen and my TED hose are super tight still. But, it is getting better! Yay!
 
@gr82cu2

Janet, that is a super update from your PT session with Michelle today.
After all that you have been through, someone is looking out for you and that's Michelle.
With her approach you should be increasing your Flexion over the next few weeks.

Hope that the swelling will continue to go down.

Won't delay you, you are on a mission to deliver the bail money ! :bicycle1:
Cathie x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom