TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. That darned swelling is bound to get better soon - and you will feel much better! Keep your eye on the prize......and do your best to control your pain! Hugs.
 
@gr82cu2, I forgot to say that they have that same type of ice machine at my PT. I lay on the table and they put a big wedge under my feet (like you are laying on the floor and have your legs up on an ottoman). I lay there for 10-15 minutes and they also give me a blanket. It is just heaven. I pray that the time get here soon that will be that comforting for you too.
 
@gr82cu2

Hello Janet,

Because of the time difference between us, only reading your post now at 8:16 am / Dublin.
And I hoping as I write this this you have gotten a few hours of peaceful & comfortable sleep.

Your PT session with Michelle on Tuesday sounds very intensive and hopefully will get the extra fluid moving in your lymphatic system and reduce the swelling over time.

You have been through show much with this second TKR, I was thinking had this been your first TKR experience would you have thought twice about having a second TKR.

Hope that today is better then yesterday and that tomorrow will be better yet again.

Take care - off to eat my porridge
Cathie x
 
@gr82cu2 Have Michelle show your hubby how to do the message so he can do it on the days PT doesn't. Hubby's PT showed me so I could do hubby's leg. His swelling was really mild though, nothing even close to yours. Hope you see some relief soon, if not from the swelling at least from the pain.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 good morning. How are you feeling after yesterdays PT session? Hoping something brings you relief soon from pain and swelling. The icing machine sounds awesome. Sorry about the headache from having to deal with the fraud alert on your credit card but better to be safe.
 
@gr82cu2

Hi Janet,
How was P.T. ? I hope something helps with your pain & Swelling :) I like @tiredwife
Suggestion of Michelle showing your husband how to do massage.
Have a Kneesy Day,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr: P.S. Isn't this just great, we have a bunch of "Alpha's" running around.
Thinking they are hot stuff :heehee: They still can't trump a "QUEEN":no-fin:
I'll let them have their moment of glory, Then I will put them back in their rightful place. :bignono:
 
Hi everybody :)

I've just been laying around all day, watching TV and napping. I took a good 2 hour power nap this afternoon and woke myself up snoring. Whatever was on TV had worked it's way into my dream. Weird!

I thought this morning the swelling might be down a tiny bit. I could barely feel my shin bone and a tiny bump of my ankle so maybe we're making progress. I slept last night with my leg even higher than usual and my ice machine pad on with ice wraps all the way around my knee. I really wanted to surround my lower leg too but don't have enough wraps to get that done. I slept pretty solid and hard from about midnight to 4 am. I had to pee so bad I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. It was close! Haha! I changed my ice wrap inserts, took some meds and went back to sleep till around 7:30.

My nurse patient representative from my insurance company called me today to see how I'm getting along. I hadn't talked to her yet so she got the whole story as best I could tell it in a short time. She really didn't have any other solutions for me to try. She mentioned about getting lymphatic massage so I asked if my insurance would pay for that? :) I had visions of going to a spa, haha! But no! Only if it's done at a medical facility like was done yesterday. She suggested in addition to the iron pills that I eat lots of dark green leafy veggies. I would if someone would fix them for me :) I love a good spinach salad.

Otherwise, I'm sitting here with my NMES working away and gulping down a glass of iced tea, my favorite beverage in the whole wide world. Kent said he was going to reheat veggie beef soup for dinner tonight which should taste good. Last night he went and got one of those grocery store rotisserie chickens and made rice and I had some canned peaches. You can't beat those chickens. They are so good for the money and very versatile too.

Check back with you all later.

xox
 
@gr82cu2 If I was you I would be questioning everyone in that OR to find out how you got that bruise! That makes me furious! That is ridiculous! Glad some of your swelling might have gone down. I want to come there and shake everyone in that OR until I get answers for you!
 
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! Well it sounds as though thats a teeny bit of progress with the swelling maybe going down. Hopefully you can get set up with some massage and it will make it go down even more. That is one heck of aBruise. I am so glad you have taken pictures. This is no way this is normal and the doctor and hospital should be called on it big time!!! Are your pain levels any better??
I sure wish I lived closer. I would come over with a nice spinach salad for you. Unfortunately the best I can do is a picture. Have a good night. Hugs, Anne
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 glad you were able to sleep. Hopefully the massage has fluid moving even just a little bit. We all wish it would happen quickly for your sake. Going to a spa and having insurance co pay would be awesome. I can't imagine what they did in the OR to bruise your ribs like that it was totally unacceptable. Hoping each day is better for you.
 
@Yorkimom Anne, yum!!! That looks fabulous. I love those craisins too. Bob Evans has a fabulous salad that I love. It's called Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad. It has grilled chicken of course, lettuce, craisins, pecans, bacon, blue cheese and all kinds of yummy stuff on it. They normally serve it with their Italian dressing but I like it better with the Colonial dressing. And I get it with their banana bread. Super yummo! Usually I couldn't eat both slices of banana bread so I would save one or both for breakfast the next day. Two meals for about $9!! When Kent was working and traveled I would call and go pick that up about every week to have for dinner because I never wanted to cook just for myself. Bob Evans is about the only place left I can eat salad out anymore. I think they are the only ones left still using fresh lettuce and salad ingredients. I can't do the salads out of bags. There is something in them that sends me running the the bathroom for hours afterwards. Besides, I think they taste funky.

My pain today has been running probably around 6-7 for the most part. I'm just so sleepy today again. Yesterday I didn't sleep that much during the day. Despite having a 2 hour nap this afternoon I'm wanting to close my eyes again, so badly. I'll probably be out like a light for awhile after dinner.

Thanks for the salad :)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom