TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 some flowers to help you feel better.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
So do I understand from the email exchange that you will be going to outpatient PT soon and they will put you on the super cold wrap? This time they used that on me and the reduction in swelling was measurable by the end of 20 minutes on it. So I'm hoping this will help you.
 
I'm so sad that you're so swollen. (On a side note- I noticed we have the same toes- my family calls them monkey toes cuz I can pick things up with them!) Since kent didn't get pics in the shower, maybe you could lie on the bed and cover your private areas for photo shoot. I agree with the others- I think the surgical team needs to know what they did to you. I hope PT goes well for you!
 
Hi@gr82cu2 oh I was hoping you'd be feeling more comfy! Michelle sound like just the right person to help and sympathise with you. Swelling like that is so exhausting, I imagine.
Will be thinking of you. My daughter had really low iron after her first baby and had all your symptoms and looked so pale but the iron treatment she had worked well and quickly. Hope it's working for you
Mary x
 
hello...almost 1 month now...walking with a cane...but knees get stiff...am not resting much....sometimes on recilner...physio is going on..will take it for 1 more month...legs still stiff.
 
@gr82cu2

Janet,

So very glad that today is Tuesday and that will be seeing Michelle.

She sounds very professional, but more importantly caring and that's just what you need now, someone who will listen to you and understand your feelings and thoughts as to what has happened and how to resolve these problems.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@gr82cu2
Janet,
Good luck at P.T. Today :) Michelle sounds like an angel on Earth, compassionate,
& caring.
I really hope she can help with your swelling, It is a form of pain, so keep up with
Your:chillpill: & :ice:
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Morning everyone! I'm anxious to see Michelle but dread the process of dressing and getting there. It's only a 7 minute drive from the house but just walking to the bathroom is exhausting. This anemia better turn around quickly. Yesterday I slept so much. Last night I slept from midnight to 3 am when it was time to take meds and potty. I woke again at 5 to potty and went right back to sleep. I woke again at 6:40, got up, had 1/2 cup of coffee and couldn't keep my eyes open so went back to sleep till about 9. Again, I've been fighting to stay awake (11:15 now) for over an hour. I wish they would have just given me a transfusion while I was in the hospital. I've never been so tired in my life.

Swelling is no better this morning. My leg hurts of course but I can't walk anywhere close to a normal way and that is causing more pain in my 1st leg and also my lower back. I feel like a twisted pretzel when I try to walk around. My right foot and ankle are so swollen it's crazy! I really need to insist Kent take some pictures of all of this swelling and bruising. My right hip is so big with swelling I doubt I have a pair of pants that will be comfortable, even my yoga pants.

@PuppyLove LOL at monkey toes! My 2nd toe (next to big toe) on my left foot is even longer. If that toe were a normal length I could wear a size smaller shoe. My dad always said we have (his were the same) royal bird feet :) He was so funny sometimes. I miss him lots :)

I just can't keep my eyes open and am making lots of typing mistakes and having to go back and correct so I'm going to go for now. I'm trying to get to all of you threads, I promise.

xox
 
@tiredwife @Minnie's knees ,and all fellow hunk owners, Princesses and Princes hanging around :)

I did see Michelle today. I couldn't get a shoe on my foot so had to wear my usually too big slippers. We worked on the swelling for an hour. I think even she was shocked by that and the extent of my bruising but can't really say anything negative as regards to how it happened. I understand that. I still worship her :)

First she got me on a table with my legs up at about a 45 degree angle. She pushed the swelling in my thigh towards my groin area. Then she worked her way down my leg, pushing the swelling up my leg so my lymph system can get rid of it.

Then she attached my NMES to me and had it on the swelling setting with my legs up at nearly a 90 degree angle.
Then she got out their super cool compression icing machine. Oh, how I wish I had one of those bad boys! It was super cold (I actually wouldn't want it that cold if I were using it more than 10-15 minutes. You sure couldn't sleep with it on all night unless you enjoy frostbitten legs). The sleeve for it extended from my ankle to above my knee and then she put on a separate bootie on my foot. They both circulated the chilled water and did mild compressions. I think it felt good or would but honestly, at the time, I was just in horrible pain and feeling so distressed and had to keep wiping away the tears.

We discussed my current pain level and what it has been since I was let out of the hospital. I told her it's stayed around an 8 pretty consistently and that's the truth. Before I left she taped up my thigh in 3 places with kineseo tape spreading it out like long fingers. She told me to leave it on till I come back on Friday and she said it should stay on through a shower. She told me to use my NMES 3 times a day on the swelling setting and not to worry about doing my exercises other than ankle pumps, very gentle knee flexes and quad sets until this swelling goes down. My leg isn't going to bend until it does anyway, so what's the use? If I aggravate it more it will only take longer to go away. She did measure me and told me my extension was at 3 but only looked at me when she measured flexion and didn't say anything. I didn't want to ask because I know the answer would only upset me. I had already told her in my email how great it started out in the hospital.

She told me I look like I feel awful and she remarked on how pale I am. We came straight home and I've been laying down with my legs up ever since except to potty and eat a little dinner.....I sat up for that :)

My lower leg, below my knee is absolutely on fire tonight. I've moved the ice wrap to below my knee trying to cool it down. It burns like heck! I wonder if it's the fluid moving now or something? It feels like that horrible, deep burning feeling you get when you first stand up only it doesn't go away and is there all the time. It does intensify when I stand up.

So, that's my report from PT and Michelle today. I go back again on Friday. All my appointments are set up through the end of the year.

Just awhile ago we got a call from the fraud dept. for our credit card. Ugh! Weirdly, someone tried to credit our account but it was an online t-shirt company neither of us knows anything about so it may have been a test for them to see if our card was active but the weird thing is it was a $46.98 credit. So, we told them it's fraud and now they are sending out new cards which is total pain in the butt. We pay most of our bills automatically on our credit card each month (love those free Southwest flights!) so I'll have to go in and change the billing on all of those accounts. Luckily, most of them don't bill till the last week of the month so I should have the new card in time to get that done before it turns into a total train wreck. It could have been something as innocent as someone keying in an incorrect credit card number but we're not taking any chances. It's not worth it.

Hope you all had a good day. It's going down to 25 here tonight. Brrrrrrrrr!!!
 
Janet, what an ordeal! There's just not a simple, quick solution to this. I just pray for strength and peace as you work through it. I got that cold compression thing on Monday as well. What an awesome feeling! I loved it. But my PT was too much Monday and I've been suffering ever since. I feel bad even saying that though knowing what you are going through! I sure wish I knew how to make it better. You know all the things to do, so just keep doing them and try to stay positive. There is light at the end off the tunnel. And it's NOT a train! Lol. You just can't see it quite yet. I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Love,
Connie
 
Thanks Connie! Things will get better. It's probably just going to take a little extra time with this one. I'm sure once I get this Anemia under control that will go a long ways in making me feel better.
 
@gr82cu2, Janet all I can is that my heart breaks for you! I just can't imagine what you are going through. I sure hope that you did get Kent to take pictures before the swelling goes down. From things you said it appears that Michelle was shocked at your condition. I really don't know how you have endured this much pain for this long. I hope and pray that the swelling starts to go down and your pain levels are controlled to where you are comfortable. Sending hugs, Anne
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom