Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@ConnieJOS
So happy you confessed to your best "Bonesmartie" friend :friends:to tell you the truth,
He got passed around so much, I forgot where he landed :shrug:
@marmora
Good luck with your crown today, I hope you are not in any pain :beg:
@madinana
I hope you are feeling better today :friends:
@Minnie's knees
Put down the Apple pie & just walk away, slowly :skep:
@gr82cu2
What a wonderful reply from Michelle :loveshwr:I'm sure she will have a plan for your swelling.
Have a nice :sleep: I am glad we made you :rotfl: for awhile.
@tiredwife
Where are you ?
Have a Wonderful Day Ladies :SUNsmile:
I'm off to rake leaves
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@ConnieJOS I wouldn't have thought it would be you I am shocked and I hope you get grounded and at @ Minnie's Knee's well I only drove you ate the pies and @new knee in June was jamin
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
(remember she was suppose to be watching for other cars) and @ConnieJOS was
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
in the back seat going crazy so I was
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
driving
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@gr82cu2, good afternoon Janet. Just dropping by to see how you are doing today. Michelle is a sweetheart. I can see why you like her so much. Hopefully she will help yo tomorrow. Congrats on the poo....at least that one less thing you have to worry a out. Hope you have a restful, pain free day. Anne
 
Enjoy your nap(s)! :sleeep::sleeep::sleeep:
Well, I've only had 3 today so far. I was just researching anemia and have a lot of the symptoms. Extreme tiredness, whooshing sound in ears, dry skin, and some others. Thanks to going potty finally I have been able to start the iron. I hope it works quick. Even though it's nice to sleep through a lot of this pain, sleeping like 20 hours a day is ridiculous.

I am glad we made you :rotfl: for awhile.
Diana, I was :rofsign: literally!

Care to babysit them for a day or maybe longer....a lot longer?
Sure, give me a few months to get ready :dubious:

Laurie yours was in a private message so no one else could see it
:heehee: Hahaha! Now we all know anyway. That will teach you two to private message each other.

Hope you are feeling better today
I wish I could say I am but I don't feel a bit of improvement today with swelling, pain, bruising or fatigue.

I wrote back to Michelle. Here's what I wrote and her reply. I got in a dig on the doctors blowing off our concerns :)
Sorry about not telling you I was negative for a blood clot sooner :/ Once it was negative I tried to put it out of my mind so didn't think of it until I was about to hit the send button.


I am wearing TED hose but unlike last time, only on my operated leg. Last time they wanted them on both. I swear they change their minds there more often than a lot of people change underwear!

After I wrote you last night I did take 2 of the oxycodone and felt better and not sleepier so I guess that was good. With this pain being the way it is though I'm scared of running out of them before this settles down. Like last time, Darrell probably won't Rx them again.

It's hard not to get discouraged about the ROM. When she said 108 I was on top of the world thinking I didn't have as far to go this time and it would be better, sooner. As you know, it's a whole lot easier to cause swelling than to get rid of it. If there were just some way they could accomplish this and the recovery without all the swelling it would be not such a big deal. The swelling is by far the worst of all of it and I just don't think Dr. Randolph or Darrell understand how much pain the swelling causes. They both come across to me like the degree of separation of the swelling from the actual surgery (cutting the bones & muscle, the incision, sutures, etc.) is somehow not as directly related to the pain. I measured around my knee before the operation and it is 3 inches bigger around now! That is a lot of fluid in a space that can't accommodate it. The scales show me up 11 pounds too. Considering I've barely had any appetite it must be water weight in my leg which does feel so heavy.

I've been doing the ankle pumps and seem to feel the need naturally to do the quad sets just to stretch. I've been doing heel slides on the bathroom tile floor when I'm using the potty. This one is harder to lift than the other one was. Not impossible, but more difficult and painful.

I've been an emotional wreck so don't be surprised if I show up as one tomorrow. I'm sorry :'( Should I bring my NMES stuff?

See you tomorrow :)

Her reply:

That's okay...I was totally joking with you. That was my first concern though, so I'm glad the test is negative. I do agree with you that the doctor's often don't seem to realize how much pain people may be in after certain procedures, and I know a lot of patients feel that way. Hang in there..it will get better. The most important thing is just getting your swelling and pain under control. If your leg is that swollen it definitely is not going to bend well, so swelling management will be our main concern right away. I will put you in a room tomorrow, so don't worry about being emotional! :)

You can bring your NMES stuff tomorrow because I can look at it and help you set it up on the pain control or edema control settings too and we can see if that helps! The sun is shining today and the temperature is supposed to be better....so go sit outside in some sweats and get some Vitamin D!!

*******************
Feast your eyes on my foot! Sorry about the white crusty stuff. That's my psoriasis and this is my good foot where that's concerned :/

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 I truly believe the swelling is very painful My skin felt like it could not stretch any farther. My toes were black and blue too.I had bad bruises on my upper thigh, which I did not have last time I weigh myself and had gain 13 lbs and weighed myself today and had drop 11 lbs so it was a lot of fluid Your first picture is what my ankle look like I have been mainly doing ankle pumps when sitting in recliner and quad thing (tighting thigh and pushing knee down) It has helped me I am not where I should be on bending It will come you know that. I really hope they will give you more pain meds Even though I don't like pain I would gladly take some to get you relief I feel so bad that you had suffer so You can be as emotional as you want vent whatever you need as we will all stand by you and help you any way we can
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
:angel: prayer for you and you have been in my thoughts
 
@gr82cu2, it's painful just looking at your foot. I have to take water pills as my legs and feet swell and they hurt when they swell, let alone to the extent of yours. When I came home from the hospital I was 14 pounds heavier than when a I went in. Within a couple of weeks I lost it all. It was clearly water weight. Just keep taking your pain pills as you need them. There is no way your doctor won't give you refills. If he gives you a problem, it will be time to start playing hard ball with him. You will have pictures, etc. to use against him. Believe me if you threaten him with under medicating you and you have pictures to show the condition you are in, he will have no choice. I would hate for you to have to do this, but you have to worry about yourself, not him.
So for right now, please try to concentrate on you. It will take time but you will get there. Anne
 
Janet @gr82cu2

The swelling in your foot does look very painful and it is no wonder that your are concerned, especially with the attitude of Dr. Randolf & Darrell.

So very glad that you are seeing Michelle on Tuesday.

It's almost 12 midnight here so heading to :chillpill:.

Cathie:flwrysmile:
 
@madinana My skin certainly feels stretched to the max. I've been doing ankle pumps and quad sets while here on the sofa and heel slides on the tile floor in the bathroom when I'm on the potty. That's about it for now. Everything else just hurts too much. I can lift my leg a little but nothing like last time. Last time I could lift it right up 90 degrees, no problem. This time I can lift it about 4" before it stops. But, I think that's from swelling more than anything.

@Yorkimom You're right. I wanted Kent to take pictures this morning but he wouldn't because he didn't think I should be up on my feet any longer than necessary. I couldn't stand myself one more minute so I had him help me shower. He had to stand outside the shower and keep one hand on my back and his other hand on my tummy so I could feel like there was something steady there and also to catch me if I fell. It was totally exhausting. I felt better because I was clean but it definitely increased the pain for awhile. It will get better though and I know that. I'm sure this anemia has something to do with it too. We discovered I also have bruising of the skin over my LEFT rib cage! Dr. R. needs to see that because I bet he doesn't hang around in the OR after he's done until they transfer his patients back onto a bed. There is no excuse for bruising someone when transferring them from the OR table to a bed. That's abuse in my book when you hurt someone like that when they can't defend or even speak up for themselves.
 
@gr82cu2 oh your poor swollen bruised leg looks so painful! If you remember, my first one did that too. It was horrible, so I do understand some of what you are going through. Thankfully, this one didn't do that bad.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a bit of trouble tonight as well. My physical therapy was too much and caused a lot of swelling. I posted a pic on my thread if anyone wants to take a look.
 
@gr82cu2 You are so swollen, you poor thing! I hope Michelle can help you!
Don't think I can last several months, going to have to find a sitter until then! And about the poo thing, I would have put the same one I sent Laurie up on your thread but some people might not have thought it was funny!
 
@gr82cu2, I actually thought about stopping to see you when I knew I had to go right past the hospital but my co-worker ended up riding with me plus I didn't know what you would think if I just showed up...didn't want you to think I was some kind of creeper, lol. Since you were having such a horrible day, it's a good thing I didn't. I would love to get together sometime to meet in person once you get feeling better. I agree, Michelle is a real sweetie. I really enjoyed having her as my therapist last year. I hope she can help you and that you just continue to get better each and every day. I feel so bad that you have had such a rough time after this surgery. Keeping you in my prayers.
 
@gr82cu2 no wonder you are in so much pain with that swelling. I agree that your Dr better take care of you with pain meds as his team did this to you. Glad you got a shower. It takes a lot of energy but always makes me feel better. Keep doing what you are doing and take care of you.
 
Back
Top Bottom