TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

I think you are all right about the photos. Not to sue him but to show him what they did to me. I told him over and over how badly I bruise and to be careful and I also pleaded with him to be gentle because of my inflammatory problems. I think because he has only ever dealt with my knees he forgot I have other arthritic/inflammatory issues. I swear I don't know why we even bother to divulge all our medical histories to our specialists. They only worry about what they deal with and that only. Even the decades old pregnancy stretch marks at the upper outer part of my thigh are swollen! I probably should see if I can get in to see my family doctor and see if he has any suggestions for dealing with this swelling and bruising. At least chances are he won't say 'it's normal'.

I found Michelle's business card with her email address so I'm going to email her and see if she has any suggestions. She knows I'm not a whiner baby. I have an appointment with her on Tuesday afternoon.

I was hoping to be able to take a shower tomorrow so I'll ask Kent to do some photos then. He's a whiz with photoshop so he can blur out the more private things.

xox
 
@gr82cu2 I'm sorry your update didn't have you saying you were feeling much better, but I am glad you are sleeping. I know it's hard to sleep so much, but your body needs it so don't fight it. And don't undermedicate yourself so you are in pain. It sounds like it's a fine line between taking enough so you are comfortable, and not taking so much that you are completely "out of it". Keep up the rest, ice and elevation. It's hard to see now, but it will help and you will come out on the other side of this soon! I know you don't have much of an appetite now either, but try to eat something, as it will help your body work through this recovery and will be helpful with all the medication you are taking. Hugs!

Edited to add: I think sharing photos with your OS is a great idea - and for another reason too - Often, it is the OR staff that is moving you, etc and not the OS. Your OS might not know (or realize) how they treated you (or other patients) so it's a learning experience for him to possibly talk to the whole team.
 
@gr82cu2 I am glad you are going to do the photos and hopefully see your regular doctor. Let Michelle see the photos too. That might aid her in helping you. I hope you get relief soon!
 
@gr82cu2
Just stopping by to tell you......
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 When you are feeling better you will have to check out today's post on@tiredwife thread. @new knee in June @madinana @ConnieJOS and I have been up to no good. :heehee: Warning wait until laughing hard will not hurt. You know how wacky we can be. We though you had all the hunks helping you as you needed them the most. If you don't have them then I'm sure @new knee in June is hiding them. Hope you sleep well tonight.
 
@gr82cu2
Well, it goes like this......We took a little joy ride while you were in Surgery :dubious:
@Minnie's knees @ConnieJOS & I flipped @tiredwife car :yikes: We are fine ( thank you for asking )
But your "HUNK" was, strip searched, finger printed & thrown in
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
We tried raising
His bail, but @tiredwife took away our Allowence & grounded us :no-fin: We tried selling Apple
Pies, but @Minnie's knees at all the profits :flabber:
Do you have any cash we can borrow ? :beg:
Love You,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Haha @new knee in June I can't believe you would blame our sweet, innocent Laurie @madinana. Shame on you, you mean Queen! Now, where is my hunk? Laurie said she saw them all here taking care of me but I haven't seen hide nor hair of any of them. I really could use a leg massage and a back rub right about now. My hunk has magical hands that when rubbing warm oil all over my body removes all thoughts of pain and suffering. You aren't keeping him hidden away for yourself, are you? You seriously wouldn't do that, would you? :bignono:
 
Random thoughts cause that's about all my drugged up brain is capable of right now.....

Seriously, I've lost track of how many naps:sleeep: I have had today. I'm certain I've been asleep more than I've been awake. Sundays are usually the longest days for me. I don't like football at all and that's all that is going on around here on Sundays during football season. I used to take Sunday to go shopping or something but that's obviously not an option right now.

My swelling :elevate: isn't improving even a little bit. I'm floored by it. I have taken a few pictures over the past several days but haven't had the patience or the ability to stay awake long enough to share them with you. I'm so tempted to stop taking the blood thinner and switch over to 2 Aleve twice a day to see if that helps. I have to take the blood thinner for 8 more days otherwise.

I wonder if it would make more sense for me to see my family doc or my rheumatologist?

Can someone come pluck my chin whiskers please? :rotfl:

Thank God for laptops :type: Mine is resting on TKR leg #1 aka old new knee :)

If old new knee had acted like new new knee has I wouldn't have done it again, at least not so soon.

If anyone sees my hunk please return him to me ASAP.

Rest well everyone. See you all tomorrow!
 
@gr82cu2, I think we posted at the same time. You know it was suggested that you see your primary doctor, but I was thinking that maybe your rheumatologist would be a better choice. The way your body swells definitely is a result of your psoriatic arthritis so maybe he will have more answers and a game plan. Anne
 
@gr82cu2 Are you wearing TED hose? They are a big pain in the patootie but they really do help with swelling. Sorry you aren't seeing improvement yet. Don't give up - keep doing what you're doing....it will pay off!! I would also touch base with your rheumatologist and see if he/she has any other ideas for the swelling.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I don't know why you all think @madinana is innocent :shocked:she is very sweet but they are the same as quiet ones, you have to watch out for them. She has been in ODIC every day isn't that like detention? :rotfl: @new knee in June it sounds like Janet is feeling a little better and ready for her hunk. You should probably return him. We all know you have him :bignono:

Glad we can make you laugh even a little. I would start with RA. Sweet dreams and hopefully your hunk will be home soon.
 
:sneaker: Just dropping in to send good thoughts. It isn't easy to say, but remember as with a bm, this too shall pass... Don't worry about sleeping so much. :sleep: It's better than laying there being bored! :bored:.

Wow on the bruises. :scratch: :flabber: Especially the ones up high. I wonder if some of that is from all the fluid being under your skin and having no where else to go but up your body, besides them manhandling you in the or. I don't know if that is even possible but it was just a thought I had.

I definitely think it is a good idea to have your gp or ra doc have a look and see if they can help out.

Try not to worry. And keep on their bums to send you your hunk back, so Kent will have someone to enjoy football with while you sleep! But only if both Kent and your hunk each massage your feet and shoulders at the same time during halftime!
 
Ok, ok, @gr82cu2 , I confess!!

Here he is.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!


I'm so sorry. :blush:

@new knee in June told Mom @tiredwife to send him to me for my birthday, and she did. Then there was the wreck, and the hunks in the trunk, and jail, and the bond money I had to make after @Minnie's knees ate all the profits from the apple pies we were going to sell. It's just been a horrible time around here without you. :bawl:
But I couldn't hide your hunk any longer. You need him more than me. Besides, he's been eating all the ranch dressing and my cowboy is upset. I can't take the drama any longer. I hope he can massage your aching swelled bruised self and make you better, I really do. :fingersx: I'll try next time not to let that hunk stealing queen @new knee in June to put bad thoughts in my head. :sorry:
 
Janet @gr82cu2

I want you to know that I wasn't involved in "borrowing" your hunk. :loll:
In fact, day one post op I asked Diane @new knee in June to send him back to you a.s.a.p.

Wasn't involved in the car incident either, thank goodness. If my allowance had been stopped I'd be a right pickle.
Have to get my Crown repaired today and that is going to cost €700.00. /$925.00

Jackie @tiredwife has sent me a replacement to tide me over.

Hope that your day is better today and that Michelle will have some suggestions for you.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@ConnieJOS Seriously? YOU had my hunk? You know what they say? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I never suspected you! But, since you were my 1st and best Bonesmartie friend,
I'll forgive you. You need to keep your cowboy in ranch dressing to keep him happy and it sounds like mine was eating more than his fair share. You know, the idea about keeping him to watch football with Kent is an awesome idea! I should do that :) As long as he doesn't scream at the TV too. That would be too much for me to take right now.

@eldon Speaking of BM's that finally happened. Whew! What a relief :)

@marmora Thank goodness you managed to stay out of trouble with the hunks and didn't get hurt in the "accident". Good luck on getting your temporary crown today. You'll be in my thoughts.

I did hear back from Michelle :) I knew she would write back. Here's what she wrote:


Oh, Janet! I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a bad time with this knee! My first concern when reading your description was that you have a blood clot....you could have mentioned that test was negative a little sooner in your email!! :) Other than that it sounds like you are doing everything that you can for swelling. Elevation and ice are definitely best, and I'm assuming you are wearing your compression hose too? When you come in tomorrow I can try some swelling massage for you and we can do our ice/compression machine here that we use a lot after knee surgeries.
Keep taking your pain meds as directed, and the iron for the anemia. The bruising can definitely be worse from the anemia. Most importantly, try not to worry about the change in your range of motion measurements and backward progression! I know that's difficult to do, but please don't get too discouraged. Day 1 is always easier, and day 2 seems to be worse for most people. So, since you were feeling better on the first day you (and Christy) probably over-did it a little, which definitely caused more pain and swelling. All we have to do is look ahead from that point and worry about what comes next. Don't worry, when you come tomorrow I won't beat you up. We will work on gentle motion, swelling, and pain control. If you can't do your exercises on your own right now that's okay, but at least try to do the ankle pumps and quad sets to keep the blood flowing.
I'll see you tomorrow! Hang in there!!

Isn't she just the sweetest thing ever? I think I'll wait at least until I see her tomorrow to decide if I should follow up with one of my other doctors. Maybe she can make things better. I know she will give it a good try.

I had visions of going through my alerts and getting through them this morning. Now the only thing I have a vision of is the inside of my eyelids. Nap time! I've been up a whole 2 hours which seems to be about my limit. See you all later!
 
Yes @gr82cu2 Janet, it was me. But @new knee in June Diana made me do it! :good-bad:I really had good intentions of taking care of him until you returned. Thank you for forgiving me, dear bestest bonesmartie friend. :friends:I will make it up to you somehow.

I'm sure you are looking forward to PT with Michelle. I hope her magic does you a world of good!

Hey, and congrats on the BM! :egypdance: (Never thought I'd be posting that on someone's thread :heehee:)

Enjoy your nap(s)! :sleeep::sleeep::sleeep:

Connie
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom