Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2
When you are feeling down & discouraged, just remember you have us :friends:
We are in your corner, the good & the bad. I am so Happy you don't have a clot :)
I hope they can get your Meds. Figured out, so you can rest :sleep:
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
We will ck. On you Tommorow......
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@gr82cu2 I woke up as finally got some sleep and came to check in on you. All I can say praise the Lord it was not a blood clot, I am praying you will get some relief from pain and swelling. Do know I have been thinking about you and will continue praying for you!!!
 
Everyone, (sorry no tags.....too exhausted to think but I've read all your notes and I feel like you are all literally here in my hospital room surrounding me. Truly, I do! So, thank you for that.) I did manage to fall asleep around 10 I think it was. My next regular meds (Percosets) were due at 11:30 and Nurse Ivy promised she would come wake me. She even asked what was the best way to wake me because she had startled me so bad the night before. Anyway, she didn't wake me till 1:30 so that was 2 hours late. She said she had come earlier and I would just not wake up. I'd hate to say that isn't true but I also find it hard that I wouldn't wake if she tried very hard. Anyway, she gave me the percoset and fresh ice gel bag which was barely cool and tucked me back in. Within 5 minutes I was shaking head to toe and couldn't stop. I didn't feel cold though so I really think it was anxiety and fear. Then my entire leg started to spasm really bad so I had to call for Ivy to come back. She gave me another shot of Dilaudid and a Xanax along with a warmed blanket (heaven at that moment!). She took my vitals that time at least. My temp was 98.9 so no fever. Blood pressure was ok I guess because she didn't say anything or seem alarmed. After 30 minutes or so when the drugs kicked in I fell back asleep. Oh! Kent had come back with the Mobic and she gave me one of those too.

She just came and woke me again about 40 minutes ago. It's not the tiniest bit better. My left leg is swollen too and she even remarked about my left arm being swollen because my hospital bands are now snug where they had been loose. She gave me more Percoset and my blood thinner pill. I told her my leg was cramping so she said she would see about some Flexeril but I bet she's already forgotten. She brought fresh ice. actual ice in a big plastic bag inside a pillow case. They are only letting me support my leg with one pillow under my heel but not under my knee which is killing me and needs support to relax for awhile. I asked her to make sure that Dr. Randolph and Darrell know something has gone drastically wrong and I need to be seen ASAP. She said they can't call them before 7 am. Pffttt! What a load of @#%^ that is! Naturally 7 am is shift change time so who knows if it will actually happen or when. I'll have the same day nurse as yesterday so at least she is aware of how suddenly this all happened. I went all night without using the potty and barely went this morning so I'm sure I'm dehydrated which can't help at all. I've been drinking lots of water though but I guess it's all staying in my leg and not going to my kidneys and bladder. The 8 foot walk to the toilet from the bed was torture! I can barely put any weight on my leg at all. It is barely bending and won't go completely straight either. I can't get over how fast this happened! Yesterday morning I felt on top of the world! My leg was feeling so good, it was bending really, really well and hardly any swelling. Even the PT was super impressed at my morning session. By the afternoon session it had blown up and trying to walk into the hall had me crying. In the morning I had been all smiles and was like, let's go!!! Rock on!! This one is going to be a piece of cake. If this had happened to the 1st one I wouldn't be here doing the 2nd one I can tell you that.

It's been about 40 minutes now since I was given two 7.5 mg. percosets and no relief at all to this point. I'm going to tell Dr. Randolph or Darrell, whoever comes to see me, there is no way I'm going to go home today if it stays like this. If they insist I have to then I'm going to insist they drastically increase the dosage on my pain meds. I've been getting the 7.5 mg percosets here along with shots of dilaudid and morphine and that isn't even doing much other than making me super sleepy. I'll never make it on 5 mg. oxycodone every 6 hours. No way!! I know if I go home though I can keep it properly iced 24/7 and most of all I can keep it highly elevated. But, at this point, even I, don't think that is going to make the difference I need. I assume before Dr. R or Darrell comes they will have this morning's blood test results. I really don't know what they test for to be honest. I'm thinking kidney and liver function and maybe CBC which definitely needs to be done for infection. They also need to check for inflammation. Last year when I tore my meniscus my inflammation numbers were dozens of times higher than normal and that sent my rheumatologist into a tizzy. He had never seen numbers that high. The alleged doc that came to see me last night, I told him my body loves to get inflammed with trauma. The example I gave was if I run the vacuum today I won't be able to bend my fingers to make a fist tomorrow. It really is that bad. When Dr. R or Darrell comes in before I say a word I'm going to warn them to not answer me with "it's normal" or "it will get better" or "don't worry" because there is nothing normal about this. I don't care how many of these operations they have done, this is NOT normal. It happened so quickly and hasn't eased u even the tiniest bit.

Will update more. Ivy just came to give me Oxy IR whatever that is. She asked if I wanted to try it and I responded I'll try anything at this point!! I'd rather give birth a dozen times today than go through this.

xox
 
Janet, I was hoping you would wake up this morning with some relief. I would definitely want answers before going home. Hopefully OS will have those answers for you or at least better pain control until they can get the answers. I know you are upset about your ROM, think of this as a temporary setback. Your ROM will come back after the swelling is gone. I'm sure it was a shock and very scary as it happened so suddenly. You have a strong family support and all of your Bonesmart friends thinking about you and sending prayers and positive thoughts. I'll keep checking on you today hoping your day gets better.
 
Janet @gr82cu2

Your morning post appeared after my post to Diane, so I don't want you to think that I felt getting a chocolate cake was more important to me, than what you are going through.
Sometimes, the posts don't seem to come in a real time order.

No, you can't go home with the pain medication that has been prescribed and hopefully, your OS will have some answers and solutions to the repaid and near instant change in your recovery.

Thank goodness that it wasn't a blood clot, but the cause of the 'unusual swelling' needs to be sorted out and the correct anti-inflammatories started ASAP !

You are having such a rough start to your recovery, pain, not being able to elevate properly, late medication from the nurses, pain when getting up for the toilet, etc.

You must be mentally & physically exhausted.

Will continue reading your thread now, to see where you are at.

Please take care and there are better days to come,

Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@gr82cu2 Janet I hope that you get some answers I am sure you will not be sent home without getting all these problems being address I am thankful for all the prayer warriors on this site,is it not wonderful the support you get from this site. I will continue to pray you have a good day and keep in touch when you can and get some rest.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Janet I feel so bad for you!! :unsure:

Surely they won't even think of sending you home until they get to the bottom of this and get it corrected!

I'm lifting you up with prayers for a quick turnaround, that this will leave just as fast as it hit you, so you can be back on a healthy road to recovery. :prayer:

Much love and (((((HUGS))))) my friend!!! :friends:

Connie
 
@gr82cu2, Janet I was so hoping that they would have gotten your meds to the point where you would have been comfortable through the night. I doubt they will let you go home today with the way things happened so fast and still no relief. I know I don't have to tell you this, but you are your best advocate and don't let them give you the run around. You need answers and you need relief....period. You did so well with your first recovery and you will do well with this one too. Still saying prayers that you get this resolved and will be back on your way to recovery. Anne
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2
Good Morning,
I am sorry you are not feeling better :sorry:Please post after the doctor talks
To you. Pumkin tagged Josephine for you, we will wait to see what she says.
Can they do a Femoral block after surgery ? I am sorry the Meds. Aren't helping.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, how awful to be going through all of this! With it being in your arms too they have to know it isn't just normal swelling, and it happened so fast! Make sure you watch your salt intake because you don't want anything else to add to fluid retention. I sure hope they have answers for you soon!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
Janet, I hope the sunrise brings a better day for you.

My son suffered a horrendous ankle injury earlier this year while training with his high school cross country team. The swelling was terrible, but meloxicam helped a lot. I wish I could take meloxicam, unfortunately I am allergic to NSAID's, can't risk it.
 
Back
Top Bottom