Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 I remember being in the hospital and my leg hurt so bad. It was being strangled by the ACE bandage the surgeon wrapped my leg in when he was done. My leg swelled up just like you're describing - it was the middle of the night and I unwrapped the bandage and had instant relief. The night nurse wasn't happy and quickly covered it back up with a bandage & nylon fishnetting that held the bandage in place for the rest of the time, even @ home.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet hope things are going better for you! Let us know how you are when you can!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
Wishing you quick effective pain release @gr82cu2 - holding you in my prayers. Your journey sounds horrid so far :umm:. Don't forget to advocate for yourself - I have had to do a lot of that, needed to try as many things to get bowels moving as possible, and nurse did NOT want to try the enema, I had to insist (didn't work anyway), plus pain meds have been a huge issue I'm still battling. Seems like they get busy on the floor and just sort of forget about us sometimes, and that is not acceptable. Sigh. Take care, sweetie.
 
I'm sorry everyone! I didn't mean to make you wait and worry but this has been the day from hell. I'll try to write coherently here but if Im unsucessful please forgive me, my typos and grammar errors. I'm really, really, really upset with my OS and can barely keep my eyes open. I'm totally exhausted from the pain and pain meds. . As far as the operation I don't think or have a reason to believe he did anything wrong but he has been very defensive to the point of not listening to me about what is happening, how it feels, and all the pain meds they have given me. I am trying to get an answer from him as to how this happened so suddenly yesterday and asked him how can he be so sure nothing is wrong? I think he's taking this as a personal affront and I don't mean it to be that way but it's my body and my health and i deserve some answers. I'm thrilled there isn't a blood clot but how do we know the implant didn't loosen or shift or something? How about an x-ray doc? That's pretty simple! At some point late morning I think it was, the PA came and tried to draw fluid off my knee. He didn't want to and I didn't want him to because of the risk of contamination and infection but if it would help I guess it might be worth it. Well, he drew I'd guess maybe a tablespoon of blood out of there and said the blood was already coagulated and he couldn't get more. Then he injected numbing medication which made no difference as far as I could tell.

I've taken great measure and care to not blame a soul here. Not him, not his surgical team, not the nurses, not the PT people. Because I truly believe no one did anything wrong and certainly not deliberately. He more or less shook his finger at me about all the pain meds I've been given and I still complain of pain. And he reiterated I can't go home with those meds which I'm fully aware of and would never expect to. Somehow he came across as thinking I'm begging for more meds which I have not. When it's time to medicated the nurses come and give me meds. I have never failed to ask them what they are giving. As I told OS I ask because it is my pain, my body and I deserve to know what I'm being given. He agreed but still made me feel like a damned junkie. So, I told him "Just send me home then!." I'll go there where I can suffer and heal in my own surroundings. For instance, just an hour ago when I was due for meds again the nurse came in and asked if I wanted Percoset again. I told her no, I"m tired of feeling like complete doo doo and they don't relieve the pain.....maybe they take away 10% but that's about it. That's why they started supplementing them with Dilaudid and Morphine. I didn't ask for Dilaudid or Morphine. THEY GAVE IT TO ME WHEN THE PERCOSET WASN'T CONTROLLING THE PAIN!!!!! He also told me AGAIN this is NOT a pain free procedure. Well, duh doc! It hasn't been that long since the last one and it never once was painful to this degree and considering this one started out so much better I feel so confused, alone, like I did something to cause this and like it will never get better. He should also know, if he could be bothered to look back at my records from the 1st one that the meds they gave me worked fine and I didn't require anything additional to be reasonably comfortable. And then, again, he had to rub in my face all the surgeries he's had and how he didn't need all that pain medicine. I have a few theories about that. 1) He's one of the highest ranking OS in this practice. What do you suppose are the chances whoever operated on him took extra special care to not cause him undo pain and suffering? 2) Perhaps he handles pain in a different way? 3) Somehow he made seem like I'm the one demanding more/stronger meds and I have not, not once! This upset me greatly and even Kent jumped in on that one. I don't know, I'm just so tired of his attitude about pain meds. Like I said, my last dose I didn't want to take or at least cut in half and the Nurse insisted I should take it all to avoid getting in a lot of pain which would b hard to get back under control.

Sorry I have to go for now. My eyes will not stay open an dmy brain is mush. Earilier this afternoon I did fall asleep for about 3 hours according to Kent and when i woke up I thought it was the next day and Kent had stayed here all night. The clock said 5:00 and I thought it was morning. The gave me pills again and forced me to eat which I didn't want at all.

I'll talk to uou all later. All prayers welcome. I feel pretty helpless and hopeles right now. All I wnated wa to be able to walk and move about pain free. Blah!
 
@gr82cu2 Wish we could all just storm the hospital and make them take care of you and try to find what is causing the excessive swelling and pain. I hope you get some rest! Check in when you can, and I pray the new day will bring a whole lot less pain! Sleep tight!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom