Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2
I'm glad they are checking you out, Praying you are Fine :angel:
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@gr82cu2, Janet, I am so sorry!!!!!! You were feeling so good and then this! I know losing the ROM is upsetting to you, but that is really normal. It seems that it happens all the time. But the swelling and pain you are having right now, certainly isn't! I hope that the doctor is there as I'm writing this.
I used to take mobic all the time for my knee years ago. At first I took 7.5 pills, but eventually it didn't do much, so the doctor increased it to two pills and that seemed to work. I didn't have any side effects from taking it. I'm sure it works doe some and not for others. Here's hoping that it works for you. Anne
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
Hi Janet,
It's old Foxsea. I've been reading your posts. I was so happy everything was going so well but I know you are nervous about the change. Sending you a big cyberhug and hoping and praying all will be solved and you will feel much better. Will be tuning in to see what the doppler has to say. Keep calm, ice if possible. We are all pulling for you dear.
Big Cyber Hug,
Foxsea
 
@gr82cu2 - we haven't "met" but I've just read your recovery thread for this surgery after reading your comment on @ljrfrm's thread. WOW, what a roller coaster you are on. By the sounds of things, you are in a great hospital and they will get things sorted out PDQ. Hang on for the ride and fingers crossed it will be a short one before you level out again.
 
@gr82cu2 I just caught up on your thread. Sorry you are going through this. Hopefully you know something soon. The not knowing can certainly add stress. You know we are all here for you. Please post when you can.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2, please don't worry! You are in good hands. This swelling and losing ROM happens to most folks I think. As far as the clot goes, they know what they are doing. Since you are bleeding thru your incision, it sounds like your blood should be thinned out. I suspect it is the swelling that caused the pain. I'm so glad you are receiving the pain meds you need. Also glad they gave you something to help calm you down. I just hate when someone has a horrible setback like this. And the crying just breaks my heart. Sending you hugs, love, and healing prayers. You got this! -- Joni
 
@gr82cu2 don't worry about putting me on your list... plenty of time for that later.

Let us worry about you right now! Hoping you have gotten the doppler by now. Picture all of us holding your hand right now :console2: and standing in your room beside you. Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts.
 
@ljrfrm @Yorkimom @tiredwife @madinana @Minnie's knees @new knee in June and anyone else I might be forgetting. I have so many drugs in me right now it's wonder i'm functioning at all.

There is no blood clot so that's the good news. The tech that came and did it has 45 years experience and said the docs take her word for it but they still send it to a radiologist who also confirmed no clot. Whew! She saw huge amounts of fluids in the tissues....no surprise there at all. The in house doctor (if you could call him that IMO) came and I explained to him what Darrell had said about the Mobic. They don't have it in their in house pharmacy so I asked him if he would call it in to our pharmacy, Kent would pick up and bring here for them to dispense. He called Darrell apparently who ok'd it but the idiot didn't call it in and wrote the Rx so Kent had to come here to get it and is now out fetching it to bring back here. Kent was mighty hot around the collar and I had to convince him to lower his voice talking to the nurse. It has nothing to do with her. We can talk to Dr. Randolph or Darrell tomorrow. I'm upset because no one will take the pad off of the incision to look at it. They say OS or Darrell will have to do it tomorrow. It has bled through two abdominal pads. How do they know it's not infected now? Arghhh!! Also, thankfully before Kent got here I caught that the "Dr." didn't even write my name on the prescription which would have been fiasco no doubt once Kent got to the pharmacy.

I got up a bit ago to use the restroom and my leg hurt worse than yesterday when I woke up in recovery. The pain was horrible when standing on it. My entire leg is hard as a rock from hip to foot and the whole leg feels hot. I'm not running a fever though so I guess that's good. If one more person tells me swelling is not unusual I'm going to go to jail for battery probably. It felt so good this morning. Hardly any pain at all. I did PT with ease and walked down the hall like it was nothing at all. A few hours later, over the span of 90-120 minutes it totally blew up while I was laying down. Since about 3:30 - 4:00 I've had four 7.5 mg Percosets, a morphine injection, a dilaudid injection, a xanax , a Lyrica and nothing has helped for more than about 30-45 minutes of pain relief and that isn't really relief, only sort of taking the edge off. And worst of all? Nobody seems to really care! All I'm hearing is we can't take the bandage off to look. It's not unusual on the 2nd day. It will get better. Don't worry! That chaplain that came yesterday when I was in prep and prayed for me said he would be by today but was a no show. I sure could use him now. I just feel so overwhelmingly sad because this one seemed to be going so well. The swelling takes so long to dissipate. They have a massage therapist and the day nurse said she would ask her to come but she never did. I'm so drugged up I feel awful so I'm going to go but wanted to let you know at least there is no blood clot. Have a good night. If anything else dramatic for better or worse happens I'll try to update you. Typing this out has been very hard. Brain and fingers are not working well together right now.

Love you all! Again, thanks for being here for me.

xox
 
@gr82cu2 I have been hanging out waiting to hear that you were ok. I'm so glad there is no clot and that is one less thing for you to worry about. However, I'm so very sorry you are feeling so bad. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time now and it's too bad that you're not getting the support you need from hospital staff. It's terrible that your husband has to run around everywhere to get you a prescription and that the hospital doesn't have anything they can prescribe for the swelling. It's such a catch-22 after this surgery, because the blood thinners we take to keep those clots away allow for more fluid build up which causes more swelling and pain. Your primary concern right now just needs to be your comfort. If you need to be a squeaky wheel overnight, do so. Without proper pain management and rest, it's much more difficult to take one step forward (so to speak, bad pun, sorry) towards recovery. They will continue to monitor your vitals for signs of infection, so try not to worry about that. Maybe they can give you something to help you sleep. Once you get through the night, you will be able to see your doctor and/or PA and hopefully get the bandaged changed and talk through your concerns, pains and swelling. Please know that although you feel overwhelmed and alone there right now, there are so many of us there with you in our thoughts and prayers - and you will make it through this!!
 
@gr82cu2, Janet, I wish I knew what to say. I can understand things going wrong, but their first priority should be to keep you comfortable and do everything in their power to do so. Not to tell you this is normal. We all know swelling is normal, but not that fast and not to that extent. I hope they get you comfortable for the night and you get some answers tomorrow when you see your OS. I sure wish I could do something for you. Sending hugs and prayers will have to do for now. Anne
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, very glad to hear it's not a clot. But they should be more sympathetic to your concerns and pain. You know your body best and have been through this before. Hoping you get comfortable enough to rest tonight. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
 
@gr82cu2

(((((HUGS))))) :friends:

Janet,

I am so very sorry to hear what a rough day you have had. I just hope it will be short lived and you will feel way better tomorrow. I hope all the medication will help you rest. Prayers going up for you!!!:praying::praying::praying: Don't let this get you discouraged. You were doing great before this setback, and you can go right back and pick up where you left off.

I'll be checking on you tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Connie
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom