@gr82cu2, Hi Janet! I just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow. I know you will do great and soon you will have two new knees. Sending love and hugs. Anne
@ljrfrm@marmora@Yorkimom@tiredwife
Thanks again! Dinner is over and I've had my 1st shower with Hibiclens and have on nice, new, clean pajamas. My bag is packed except for a couple of last minute things to throw in in the morning. The hospital called to verify I would be there at 6 am. Ugh! I'm just really dreading this but hopeful maybe this one will be a bit easier. Earlier when I was cleaning up it locked up on me and tried to throw me to the floor along with horrid pain so it's time to get 'er done! I guess one good thing about it is I'll have some good pain meds on board again for awhile. Maybe that will encourage knee #1 to get its act together a little better and show knee #2 how its done Hopefully I'll be settled in my room by around noon tomorrow, if not earlier, and I can check in with you all. If things go like last time I may even be in a room by 10:30 - 11:00 am eastern time. I expect they will completely deaden my leg like last time so pain shouldn't be an issue for several hours. You all have a good night and I'll check with you tomorrow sometime xox
@gr82cu2 I'll be thinking of you Janet! Pop in and give us a quick update as soon as you can. I know it's all going to go well. You've been dreading it, and I did too, but once it's done there is nothing to dread. Just work it (which means rest, elevate, ice, and medicate). From tomorrow, each and every day is a step closer to being well! <<<HUGS>>>
@Jazzy4564 Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes. It means a lot!
@ConnieJOS Thanks! I hope to have the 2nd recovery you are having for your 4th, LOL!!! I will let you all know ASAP tomorrow how everything went.
Now, I need to get off of here and get myself settled so I can get some sleep.....hopefully!! Talk to you all tomorrow when I'm on the other side.....again :/ Good night!
It's over and I'm in my room Having a very hard time staying awake. So short and sweet for now. excuse typos i have oxygen measuring thing on finger,, protocol has changed since last time. they no longer deaden entire leg for 12-24 hours and instead do a spinal epidural. that would be fine except it didn't work on me. woke up in extreme pain in recovery. Well over a 10! So they did a nerve block and that did nothing either. Now on very heavy doses of narcotics. I lost track of what and how much between putting stuff in IV and swallowing pills. everyone was scrambling trying to help me with getting pain under control. Said i am first one the epidural did not work on, naturally. already been up to pee and sitting in recliner for now and had lunch. still have that incredible chocolate cake so very happy about that . Standing was soooo much easier this time and leg is flexing well. but i know swelling come and set that back some temporarily. took 3 painful sticks to get IV in. one resulted in a chicken egg size swellinf & bruising on inner right arm. top of left hand badly bruised too. something about going thru a valve? Last one seems ok so far. I'll sit here another bit and get back in bed for nap while drugs are working. OS was very kind about pain meds so I hope that won't be an issue this time for home meds. Better go, eyes are crossing. Luv you all! Will check back in later.
@gr82cu2 Glad it is done! If I'm not mistaken veins have valves to keep the blood from back flowing! Hope they have your pain under control and hope your ROM stays good. Get rest while you can!
@gr82cu2 Welcome to the world of two new super knees!! I'm sorry it took them awhile to get the pain under control, but hopefully it will be fine from here on out! Take care of yourself, rest and keep up with those pain meds! You will do great!
@gr82cu2, Janet, I am glad that is's over!!!! Sorry to hear the epidural didn't work....it never for worked for me either. I can't understand why they don't have your pain controlled before you even wake up...that's how they do it here. I hope your pain is under control, you are comfortable and can get some sleep. Sending lots love and here are some flowers to cheer you up! Anne
@gr82cu2
Congratulations on having this surgery behind you I'm sorry you awoke in such pain
That happened my 1 st knee surgery, Not fun, it takes them awhile to bring the pain
Back down.
I hope you are resting comfortably & you have the right pain Meds.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.