@tiredwife
Could you close your eyes whilst ( I learned this word from @patient 99 ) I welcome @gr82cu2 hunk into my waiting arms ? Now Ladies, no peeking
We, I mean I'm heading off to bed You might want to get the hose hooked up
Oh, It's good to be "QUEEN"
Night, Night
Your Highness,
Diana
@gr82cu2 Would love to be added to the "through thick and thin" support thread in the social forum after the new year. I've lost 20 lbs since August in anticipation of 11/11 surgery and want to lose 30lbs more over next year. Thanks so much.
@gr8cu2 I hope things are getting better for you. I had my surgery 10/21 and the Mr. Sandman rarely visits my house. But as I read everyone else' s comments I know to take all in stride. I will get there. I am sending positive energy and good thoughts to you. Bless you.
"Through Thick and Thin" is a great name and motto.
I'm going to try (that's try with no promises) to keep an eye (my are blue not green - see above "eye" posts) on keeping control over the weight in November & December.
We don't have Thanksgiving in Ireland, but already have four celebration dinners to go to in November and six pre- Christmas dinners in December up to 13 December.
And have one or two dresses that I would like to get into and still be able to breath and not be strangled by my Spanx !
So, may put baking the Sweet Potato Pie on hold for the moment.
Heading out for my morning walk and wish each of you a restful and comfortable weekend,
Cathie
@Azeela Thanks and welcome to our crazy little group! I've never had trouble sleeping at night other than in bed. I've never been able to get comfortable in bed. So, I spent about the first 6 weeks sleeping on the sofa and these past weeks in the recliner. After I get home next week from TKR #2 I'll be back on the sofa. You do just have to take each day as it comes, have patience and try to stay positive. It sure isn't easy some days and that's when Bonesmart is awesome. There is always someone here willing to lend a shoulder or an ear.
@gr82cu2
I hope you are feeling better today When I had to stop Advil before surgery, I could
Barely walk My last 2 nights at work were very painful.
I do hope you feel better,
Your Queen has spoken
Diana
@gr82cu2 I am a homebody too. I work full time and by evening and weekends I am worn out. I don't know if that will change in retirement but I doubt it. I love to sit and read or watch movies.
@gr82cu2 I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you this weekend. I remember just what the weekend before surgery is like - and the stress of feeling like you have to get everything done. I hope you find time to enjoy your weekend, relax, and take care of yourself. Just think how nice it will be to not have the surgery hanging over you anymore, and to have two super new knees!!
@gr82cu2 Add my name to the "through thick and thin" list. I'm almost afraid to join because I'm afraid I just won't do it. But I need it so much. I can use November and December to work on getting my mind set and getting motivated. I would love to lose 25 lbs, and 35 would be even better!
@gr82cu2, Janet, I hope that you are feeling better today. Hurting like you are I know is no fun. I certainly hope that your joints settle down until you can start taking your meds again. Try to relax this weekend. I know you want to get a lot done, but relaxing and having some fun before surgery is more important. Anne
@gr82cu2, I almost forgot. I love the name "through thick and thin". I think it's a great name. Put me down for 15 pounds....that is if I can keep off the weight I've lost since surgery.
@gr82cu2 I think the name is perfect. I am not going to give an exact number until later as I haven't weighed since my surgery. (Hoping I have lost a few lbs). I lost 20lbs before surgery and needed to lose another 35-40lbs. I hope you are relaxing or doing something fun before your surgery.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.