TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@ConnieJOS Ok, you're on the official list :)

@new knee in June @Minnie's knees @ljrfrm @Yorkimom @tiredwife

Thanks everyone. I am feeling better today. It must have been the wretched weather that moved through here yesterday. I colored my hair this morning so that's done and I epilated my legs so won't have to worry about shaving them for a month or so. I cleaned the tub/shower. I paid all the bills and balanced the checkbook. I found the list of "to do's" I made and was surprised I've gotten more done that I realized. Tomorrow I want to run a dust cloth through here and do some laundry. Monday I'll make up my nest and pack my bag and undoubtedly make a run to Walmart. I need to do that sometime because I need to get another bottle of Hibiclens to scrub down before I go to the hospital. I'll be ready on Tuesday :)
 
Janet @gr82cu2

As we don't have Thanksgiving, I think that The Irish celebrate Christmas like no other nation.

Most people have nearly two weeks off from the day before Christmas Eve until 2 January & the months of November & December there are usually lots of Christmas parties & dinners.

I am in several clubs and so is my husband and each has a Christmas party or dinner for the members.

Then there are the work Christmas parties and even though I retired in September 2013, have been invited to celebrate Christmas with my former work colleagues. We are going to our first Christmas Choir service in about three weeks times followed by a supper.

It is also a time for spending time with those who will be alone over Christmas and volunteering time to prepare and serve dinners & lunches for others. And looking after elderly neighbours to make sure that they aren't alone over the Christmas season. I feel that I can do so much more now that I'm retired. And that's the true meaning of Christmas.

Take care and wishing you only the best for Tuesday and your continued recovery,
Cathie x
 
@marmora, Cathie, your Irish Christmas celebration sounds wonderful. The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year and I absolutely love everything about it. Of course I love all the celebrations, etc., but the best part is spending time with family and friends. I belong to a craft group and every season we do a service project for the holidays, whether it be for the seniors at the senior center, adopting a family, etc. One year, even though it was in November and not really yet Christmas, but the senior center had decided to have a winter ball for the seniors at the center. One of the members of our group works at the center, and these seniors don't have much and come to the center for their main meals. Well, there were about 100 seniors at the winter ball, so what we did was make corsages for the ladies and boutineers for the men out of silk flowers. It took us several nights meeting together to get them done, but the seniors were just so excited and had a wonderful time.
@gr82cu2,Janet, I was wondering if the weather had something to do with the way you were hurting. It sounds as though you are just about ready for your big day on Tuesday!!!!!
 
@gr82cu2
I won't be on much the next few days. You are in my thoughts & Prayers for Tuesday :angel:
I know you will do just fine :) You will have a matching set & be ready to resume your
Life, Pain-free. The way it should be.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Laundry is going. Dusting is done and what vacuuming I wanted done is done too. I shouldn't have much left tomorrow to accomplish. I may have ODIC these past couple of days. I need to give my legs a rest!
 
Janet @gr82cu2

Just take a deep breath, all that you've done is great.
Now is a time to concentrate on you and mentally getting ready for Tuesday.

Take care,
Cathie x
 
I rested most of the afternoon with ice :) I made breakfast for dinner (been craving it) and have now made up my nest on the sofa and got out my polar ice machine. About all I have to do tomorrow is go to Walmart and pack for the hospital. I think I can handle that! :) :)
 
@gr82cu2 We often have breakfast for dinner! The other night we had toast, eggs and gravy. Have you set up your nest facing the opposite way for the ice machine hose? Walmart is enough to wear anyone out!
 
@tiredwife I wanted to make sausage gravy but was too impatient to thaw out the sausage and we had a pound of bacon already in the fridge. I don't think there will be any need to face the opposite way. I set the ice machine up at the end of the sofa.....the end by my feet and it worked fine. Since my knees are side by side I don't see why it won't work again. It actually worked out better than to the side which was how I had it the first few nights. Being at the side it wanted to pull the tubes sideways which wanted to pull my leg sideways. Being at the end it was straight up to where it attached to the pad on my knee which I held on with an ace bandage wrapped around. I was thinking of not even using the darn thing this time but Kent thinks I should at least for awhile. It doesn't stay cold all night but it does stay cold longer than an ice pack although not as cold. We'll see.......I hated having to untether myself from it if I had to get up to potty in the night which I did every night. I can't believe I'm about to do this again. :gaah:
 
I got great ice packs from the hospital. It's two pouches that hold two bags. They are attached to each other and I just use one side. Instead of ice I put water and rubbing alcohol. It gets firm but not solid so you can shape it to where you want to put it. It stays cold a good long time. It has Velcro tabs and loops to strap it on to your knee. Works great!

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@ConnieJOS I have some similar but smaller from other hospital visits. I never thought to make the water/alcohol combo in them though. What I use is similar to what you have there only it has velcro elastic straps to hold it on. I can place another ice pack behind my knee and the straps hold it in place. I haven't been icing the back of my knee too much lately. The new one will want it though.
 
@gr82cu2 We usually keep some bacon drippings handy for gravy just in case. I didn't think of having the ice machine at the end! That would be easier! Tomorrow is the big day, let us know how it goes as soon as you can.
 
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!And [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! for your op tomorrow, you'll be fine. You've been down this road before and supported so many others along your way, with your wonderful positive attitude. See you soon xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Thanks everyone! I guess this is really happening. Just awhile ago I got an email with a follow up appointment already. I should be able to let you all know something once I get to my room tomorrow. Now I need to remember what I packed last time, what I wished I'd had and what I didn't need at all.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom