Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! I have been thinking of you and just realized that your surgery is next week right?? I know that you will be so happy when you are done and have two good knees. You have been there for me and just remember I'm here for you too. Have a good night. Anne
 
@Minnie's knees Hi! I'm hanging in there. I'm still quite stiff and sore from this past weekend. It surprises me. I would have thought I was far enough along to do what I did without paying for it 3-4 days later. Really, my sister and I didn't do anything all that strenuous and I did spend a lot of time sitting. One thing I will do different this next time is allow myself to take more naps! I've been so tired lately and even though I sleep really well at night for 7-8 hours usually I am tired all through the day. Some days I never feel fully awake. Like, my eyes burn all day like when you are tired but I'm not yawning so I don't think it's sleepiness. If I was smart I'd figure a way to fall asleep before 1 am!!

@Yorkimom Thanks! I know you will be here for me. My surgery is next Tuesday at 8 am. I have to be at the hospital at 6 am. Yuck! Luckily it's only about a 30 minute drive from here. If I sleep, my plan is to get up at 5, get right in the shower and then out the door. I'll have my bag all packed the night before so I'll just need to grab my laptop and pillows and I'll be good to go. I have so much to get done before then but I've had a hard time these past few days getting motivated for some reason. You would think I'd want to be up and moving around as much as possible before I get put back in my place, LOL!!
 
This is as far as I can bend right now on my own. I just took this. Any guesses what degree of flexion this might be? @tiredwife did you post a picture the other day somewhere showing the degrees?

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
Hi Janet, Just noticed you are having your other knee done on Tuesday and I wanted to wish you the best! You and I had our knees done on 7-29. I finished my output PT and had an eval. the other day. I was at 113. So hard to get any further but otherwise I'm doing fine. Still on one 5-325 Norco and Tylenol. You are one brave lady to go at it again. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Foxsea
 
Hi Janet @gr82cu2

Hope that taking care of the last few things before surgery don't tire you out too much.
You have great spirit and are so very supportive to us here on BoneSmart and you know that we will be there for you now and with your next TKR.

Talk with you again over the next few days.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Hello @gr82cu2 Janet! Are you getting anxious? I went into my last one with a lot of dread, but I can truly say that now I feel nothing but happy, happy, happy :happydance: that they are all done and all I have to focus on is getting stronger! I know you will feel the same way.
 
@tiredwife Thanks Jackie! I was hoping it looked like more than 115, LOL!! The best I've measured is 120 a couple of weeks ago. I'm still so stiff and sore from last weekend and since I had to stop my Aleve on Monday and haven't been able to take my arthritis injections for almost a month I'm hurting, all over. Stupid arthritis!

@Foxsea Hey, great to see you :) I'm glad you are doing well. I don't know that I'm brave, determined is more like it!

@ConnieJOS I'm thrilled you are finally feeling so happy. You've been through more this year than any one person ever deserves to be put through. You are so strong and you are the brave one!

@marmora You are too sweet! Truly, I don't know what I would have done if not for all of you and your undying support. It has been unbelievable and kept me from feeling so alone a lot of the time. I guess everybody will be stuck with me for awhile longer.

Everyone, when it rains it pours! I was just downstairs working on a small sewing project and walked over to the ironing board and squish went the carpet. We investigated and discovered our water heater on the other side of the wall is leaking. Ugh! There goes another thousand dollars! Luckily, we have a wonderful heating and plumbing company that we've used for years. I called them right up and they will be here in about another 30 minutes to install a new water heater. We probably needed a new one anyway. Ours was 26 years old, LOL!! But hey, it worked so why mess with it? Thank goodness I discovered it when I did. Who knows how long that might have went on and how soaked the carpet might have gotten. Fortunately we have a carpet cleaner so Kent ran it back and forth over the wet area and sucked as much water out as he could. Probably 5+ gallons at least.
This morning I cooked a chicken and made noodles to put in the freezer for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking the bones now for broth to freeze too. I said I would bring the chicken and noodles, a smoked turkey breast and a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie. I already have 2 homemade pie crusts in the freezer so stirring together the fillings for the pies should be pretty easy. I can throw all the chicken noodles stuff in a pot to simmer away when the time comes and hopefully Kent can manage smoking the turkey breast. Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving already? I can't! This year has flown by. You would think the opposite with us being laid up for months but it really has gone by fast.

I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed that Tuesday is coming up so fast now. I have lots to get done but don't feel the desire or have the stamina to get it all done probably. Oh well, it is what it is. Nothing life threatening will be left undone, haha! We'll survive!
 
@gr82cu2 Don't worry your ROM will get there. If you overdid it you will loose ROM for a little while, but it will come back. It could be 120 but it is hard to tell from the photo. I agree - stupid arthritis! Right now mine is attaching my fingers. Tuesday will be here before you know it, but you will be fine.
 
@gr82cu2 It sounds like you are as ready as you can be for Thanksgiving. Those last few days before surgery just flew by. Do what you can and leave the rest. I feel for you on the arthritis. My RA is flared up in my hands, feet, right elbow and left shoulder. It is not fun being off the arthritis meds but necessary. Sorry about your water heater but definitely better to deal with it now than after surgery.
 
@Minnie's knees I'm sorry your arthritis is flaring up too. When can you go back on your transfusions? Last time I stopped a month before and didn't go back on my Humira until a month after. But, this time I stopped a month before and I think as long as my incision heals well and is closed I may go back on it 2 weeks after this time. My rheumatologist told me 10 days before and 10 days after but my OS said a month before and a month after. I think it will be ok though as long as everything else is going well. This feels pretty awful with all the stiffness and aching all over. I feel like it takes all my energy to walk from one room to another. It makes me feel like my legs weigh 500# each. Blah!
 
@gr82cu2 I had to be off my infusions 8 weeks before and 6 weeks after. It's not too bad thanks to my pain meds but I can definitely tell the difference. It can certainly be an energy drain. My right leg feels like it weighs at least 500lbs. Logs are heavy you know :heehee:
 
@gr82cu2
I didn't know you where having surgery this Tuesday @tiredwife doesn't tell me anything :heehee:
I take back anything I have done to upset you, stealing your hunk, stealing others "Hunks",
Drugging other Bonesmartie's, thinking I am the only one who can have a crown, telling you to back
Off ( on my thread today:dubious: ) I want you to only have a peaceful, Relaxing weekend :bath:
You can have all the hunks :bow:
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana:loveshwr::loveshwr: P.S. What are you doing with your "Hunk" while you are recovering ?
I'm available to keep him in line until you are better :yahoo:
 
I just got home from PT where my left knee officially graduated and was awarded a t-shirt :) I still measured 120 on my own which I found astonishing considering IT IS KILLING ME!!! Between having to give up my Humira injections and Aleve for the surgery next week I'm hurting so bad all over and so stiff feeling. My right knee is measuring 135 pre-op so that gives me some idea where I'm starting from for whatever it's worth. Michelle said I may get another 5 degrees and there's a chance for another 10 but that's probably the best I can hope for and that may even be another year from now. Blah! At this point I'd be happy if it would just stop hurting and not be stiff. That would be good enough for me :) I have so many things I want to get done before Tuesday but with the way I'm feeling I don't see it all happening. Happy Halloween everyone!

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom