Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@tiredwife Thanks for the dragon! I was just reading where @new knee in June was plotting to steal my Juan. That would be a :bignono: and it won't happen under the watchful eye of my dragon. I think everyone is jealous of my Juan and having temper tantrums all over BS :tantrum: but he is mine and mine alone and I will never give him up. Not even for a temperamental queen like Diana.

Everyone, I'm in the ODIC tonight for sure. My leg is swollen all the way down and including my ankle :groan: I've been on my feet more the past 2 days than I have in the past 12 weeks, maybe combined! But, I've really enjoyed having my sister here so I guess that makes it worth it. Yesterday evening we went shopping for about 90 minutes at Kohl's and then had dinner out. Today we got up and went to the local casino for several hours and had lunch. It is an hour drive each way to get there. We put our feet up and enjoyed a couple glasses of wine and then I cooked dinner. So, not much icing and elevating today and I'm paying for it now. I've just strapped on my ice wrap for the night (it feels soooooo darn good!) and wanted to check in with you all and wish you all a great rest of the weekend. Our weather was absolutely perfect here today. Once Carol leaves tomorrow I'll check in with you all. Now it's time for some :sleeep:
 
Well congrats on your Juan @marmora Cathie! I peeked :shocked: but I swear I didnt :censored:. That would be a :bignono:. I was not going to ask for a Juan but everyone else is getting one. I feel a little empty. Something is missing. :unsure: I may have hinted to @tiredwife something about a cowboy :horseriding:. We shall see.
 
Connie @ConnieJOS

It's 11:35 am in Dublin going out for a walk & then grocery shopping. So my hunk has a bit of free time.

I will let you and only you "borrow" my hunk for a few hours and he does look very good in Cow Boy Hat !

:horseriding:
Enjoy,
Cathie
 
@marmora I won't be bothering your Juan. He's not my type :) It's nice of you to lend him to @ConnieJOS. I'm sure she will take very good care of him.

I woke up this morning with a lot of discomfort in my knee and a weak feeling real low on my leg. Like on the outside, right above the ankle in the muscle that runs alongside my shin. Every little bit I get a shooting pain in that muscle and if I'm standing it feels like it will give way. Ugh! The swelling seems to be down some this morning. I probably just overdid it that past few days getting ready for Carol to come and then all the things we did while she was here. She just left :cry: She never stays too long on Sunday mornings. I understand though. She has things she needs to get done at home before going back to work tomorrow morning. I had thought I would hop on the riding mower this afternoon and chop up some of our fallen leaves but I'm not so sure now. We'll see how I feel later on. I'd really like to just take a nap, LOL!! But that will be impossible as someone will be shouting at the TV watching football this afternoon.
 
@gr82cu2 Hi there, time for you to spend a few days just elevating and icing! ODIC calls for days of nothing after. Watch out for Diana, she tried to steal my truck!
 
@tiredwife I just woke up from a 2 hour nap with ice wrapped around my knee and it feels so much better than this morning. I told Kent he could watch football and it wouldn't bother me as long as he didn't talk to the TV :) So, he was good and didn't. Funny though, as soon as I woke up he started raving about how horrible the officiating was and I could tell it was just all pent up from having to be silent, LOL. My knee had been feeling quite a bit better for several days and I thought maybe I had crossed the threshold but I guess not completely. Friday I was out running errands and then Carol came and we immediately left to go shopping for a bit and out to dinner. Then I didn't ice when we got back until bed (recliner for me) time. Yesterday I did wrap it in ice as we drove to the casino but that was it until we got home after 4 and then not again until bed time. So, I guess all the walking and being up on it and not icing like usual had me paying this morning. I think it will be ok now though. I've been giving it a lot of TLC today. I haven't even gotten dressed today. #2 son came by for a couple of hours late morning but I stayed down except to make and eat a sandwich at lunch time. I'll be good, promise! I've learned my lesson for a bit :)

I did see that Diana stole someone's SUV in an attempt to steal your truck. I guess queen's get confused like that sometimes :)
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, glad you are feeling better, hubby still has those bad days once in a while, it happens. Sometime you just can't help but join the ODIC.
Yes Diana stole someone's SUV but not ours, ours is a truck. Think she has started down the path of crime:sorry:. So sad! Guess we will have to visit her in prison!
 
@tiredwife, I like that! You are so clever :) Tomorrow I'll try and go back through and at least make a list of those who want to join in. I'm afraid I'll lost track and don't want to leave anyone out. The more support we have from each other the more likely we are to succeed.

Guess what? My aunt called me! She is doing great from the sounds of it. Her flexion is up to 110. She just started out patient PT last week. She had been having in home PT up until them. She said she is sleeping well for the most part but occasionally, if she moves wrong in her sleep it will wake her up but she falls right back to sleep. She is still taking her pain meds. She is still using her cane a lot of the time but not all the time and her walker when she gets up to use the restroom in the night and sometimes first thing in the morning depending on how tight her knee and calf are. She has osteoporosis like my mom did so she is being extra careful not to fall. She is still dealing with swelling which builds throughout the day. I told her I'm the same and asked her if she is elevating her leg at night. She only said her doctor doesn't want her to have pillows under her knee. I tried to explain to her how to build the pillows so they form a wedge where her leg could be elevated but straight. I'm not sure she understood. She said her doctor told her she could only have a pillow under her ankle and lower calf, not under the knee. So, I doubt she will even try but I was happy to hear she sounded good and seems to be coming along well for an 81 year old :) One of my (male) cousins was there for the weekend to look after them a bit. Those boys don't come "home" very often so it made me feel good to know that Greg made the effort. My other aunt is helping her out too. So, thank you all for the prayers for her. They seem to be working. Just keep her in your thoughts. Thank goodness she doesn't need to do her other knee. She said it doesn't hurt her at all so once she gets through this she'll have brighter days ahead :)
 
Who Me ? :dubious:
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 Glad your aunt is doing good and that she called you! I heard that older people usually do better because they don't have a tendency to overdo it!

@new knee in June Ah, I see they caught you for stealing that SUV!
 
I know this is a very silly question and please be mindful I am tiered and on my way to work. How do you find your thread. It's prober lay so simple.

Julie
 
@jul click on your avatar or name under it and then click on profile and then click information and then click on threads by jul. Or go to the recovery area and scroll through the names until you find yours.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom