TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Janet @gr82cu2 , Mary @wolf woman , Anne @Yorkimom , @ljrfrm

Count me in on the Weight Loss Club - currently attending Weight Watchers.
But, feel a TKR focused Weight Loss Support Group is the "extra element" that would provide a greater result.

I like Mary's suggestion that we follow weight loss programmes that work for us.
In the past for me, it's been WW, South Beach,Dukin and also some crazy grapefruit, cabbage soup, eggs & water, diets.

Mary, when you say after the holidays do you mean Thanksgiving or Christmas ?

Anne @Yorkimom -good to hear your Mom was ok after her falls.

Take care,
Cathie:flwrysmile:
 
@gr82cu2 I'm still doing my weekly updates. Maybe you're just not getting the notices anymore? If you go to my thread, they are there! I 'm doing ok, the whole patience word is starting to wear me down though! I had a few "good" days last week, which was great, but now I'm back to being achey and stiff. I did manage to find a few more degrees flexion which made me happy! I'm just chugging along, hoping to make it to the finish line eventually :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora I hope she means after New Year's!!! :)

@ljrfrm I must have quit getting notices. It keeps happening and I forget it keeps happening and assume nothing is going on. I'll go check your thread :) That patience is very hard to find some days and I know how you feel. I get tired of hearing I need to be patient but we do. What choice do we have? I think I'm finally to the point where I'm having more good hours than bad. Notice I said hours, not days, haha! Several times yesterday I got up for something and thought, ya know, I feel no pain or discomfort at all right now. If only it would last and be like this forever. It will eventually. Knowing that is the ONLY thing that has kept me sane through this.
 
I wonder if they will let us form our club on a separate thread, maybe in the social area!
 
I wonder if they will let us form our club on a separate thread, maybe in the social area!
That's what I was thinking. Maybe before we forget who all wants in we should start it and tag those who have expressed a desire to join in? That way if there is anything going on people will know.
 
I'm starting to feel guilty as I need to loose about 20kg.

How is every one on this very Aussie foggy morning on my way to work its 6.30am and I'm on the train heading into the city were I work. We are in for a nice day 28 deg today.

Julie
 
@jul I've been cleaning today. It is cloudy and 57 degrees here.......about 14 degrees Celsius. At least today is your Friday so you'll be in the weekend soon. Have a great day at work!
 
Mary @wolf woman, Janet @gr82cu2, Jackie @tiredwife, @ljrfrm, Cathie @marmora and anyone else who wants to be part of the dieting group, I remember when I had my first surgery there was a group that wanted to lose weight as well and they set up a thread. So maybe we can do the same????
Janet, I toyed as to whether I should out this on your thread, but after talking about dieting I got the below joke in an email and just couldn't resist. I'm sure you all will enjoy.

A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM
If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my Husband (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try. I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My husband seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress. ________________________________
MONDAY:
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring! Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!! ________________________________
TUESDAY:
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mil e. His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me. _______________________________
WEDNESDAY:
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other **** too. _______________________________
THURSDAY:
A$$hole was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late - it took me that long to tie my shoes. He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny complain to find me. Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.
_________________________________
FRIDAY:
I hate that person Christo more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little aerobic instructor. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it. Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher . Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director? ________________________________
SATURDAY:
Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel. ________________________________
SUNDAY:
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!





​
 
@Yorkimom
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
Loved it.

@gr82cu2 can't think of a name right now, my brain is tired, try again in the morning!
 
@Yorkimom "The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher . Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director? " -- That's the statement that really made me burst out LOLing. :loll:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom