Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Buffalo wings sound good.
I am a big fan of slow cooked bbq.
Ribs slow cooked for five hrs with a nice dry rub are one of my specialties.

If you have the time to slow cook, you can share that time with friends, and then finish with a beverage or two, and some fone food. Add some music and some candlelight and memories are made.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jackie @tiredwife

When you're posting the Blue Cheese dip to Janet, would you also post some to me.
I'll provide my own celery.

Have had Buffalo wings once or twice in Ireland and I think once in the States.
As you're sending the Blue Cheese dip, you might as well throw in some of Steve's Buffalo Wings too !
Take care,
Cathie

Ps. Why are they called "Buffalo Wings" or is that another of life's mysteries ???
 
I think today I can say that my knee is more in the back of my mind than the front :) I haven't done much today to be honest so maybe that's why. Or, it could be that my feet are FREEZING and have been all day. I have on 2 pairs of socks and covered with an afghan and they will not warm up. Brrrrrr!!!! I'm thinking more about my feet than my knee!!
 
@gr82cu2 glad that the storms were a non event for you. We've had lots of rain and wind today, it otherwise that's it. The weather here has been crazy. Usually it starts getting cool this time of year but it's been warm and muggy the past few days. Maybe this storm will cool it off.
@tiredwife, I love wings, but I like mine mild. Just don't like anything hot. Both Joe and Marc love blue cheese. I don't like it so all. I'll take ranch!
Janet, it sounds like you had another good day at PT. Have a good night. Anne
 
@Yorkimom He always makes mine first (mild) and then adds a ton more hot sauce for his. The blue cheese dip he makes doesn't have a real strong blue cheese taste, but ranch would be good too.

@gr82cu2 Yes it is getting closer, but you know what to do! Did your feet ever get warm?
 
@tiredwife Sorry I missed out on the wings and blue cheese. I like mine really hot.

@gr82cu2 Glad there were no problems from the storms. Happy to hear everything is approve for your surgery. It will be here before you know it. Hopefully it will be easier the second time around.
 
Hi Janet @gr82cu2

Now I know how to prepare your wings when you call for dinner.

Did you ever ask Michelle your PT about using a heating pad ?

I'm using it around the front and back on my knee for about 15 minutes before I go to sleep and maybe at another time during the day, and it is so comforting.

It may be just a coincidence, but since I started using the heating pad, my knee feels more flexible, very little pain and decreased stiffness. Could also be that I am 13 weeks post- op, so won't give 100% credit to the heating pad.

Cathie

@tiredwife & @Minnie's knees - don't worry I'll have your wings just as you like.
As it's years since I've had them, think that I'd also like them mild.
 
@marmora I totally forgot to ask her on Tuesday but remembered as soon as I left, naturally. I'll try to remember to ask her tomorrow. It is feeling better this week :) It is aching less and seems a tad more flexible. Maybe we're turning the magical corner we've read so much about? Wouldn't that be great! I would just like to be able to sleep in bed before I have to move back to the couch again.
 
Jackie @tiredwife
Don't have Frank's hot sauce, do have Reggie Reggie Hot Sauce, but don't mind if Steve wants to bring a bottle or two over.

Kathy @Minnie's knees
Don't mind cooking for a group, the more the merrier !
I'll cook, if they do the clean -up.

Janet @gr82cu2
Hope that you get your wish :chillpill: to sleep in a bed before the next TKR.

I was lucky after 7 days in a hospital bed, went to a rehab centre for 14 days in another hospital type bed.
So, when I came home it wax what I was used to. Slept in spare room, until lady weekend and now that I'm sleeping better and pain free back in the main bedroom.

We do have a recliner, but found putting the foot rest down with one leg hard to manage -even before the. TKR, so never even sat in it since coming home.

Josephine recently had a funny story of being stuck in a recliner in a furniture for over 20 minutes until the salesperson came back to rescue her. :giggle:

Take care,
Cathie
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom