TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@Yorkimom I've had acrylics for about 17 or 18 years now. For the past couple of years I've done the french pink & white acrylics and I love them. They are very low maintenance. Normally I get a fill about every 4 weeks but I hadn't been in there for almost 3 months now. They were a wreck! So, I got them taken off (what little was left) and completely redone. I've never been a nail chewer. I like the acrylics because they are so strong and hard and rarely do I break one. I'm sure after all this time my natural nails are probably paper thin too.
 
Woot! I just got back from PT where I measured 120 on flexion!! I went in very stiff and sore but rode the recumbent bike and then Michelle got out her tools and worked over some muscles and viola! I have no idea if it will last but it felt good to finally hear 120 come out of her mouth. To be fair, I was only 118 on my own and she gave a little push to get the 120 but last Friday I was at 110 even with her pushing and I had been stuck there for about 5 weeks or so. If I can get just 5 more and stay at 125 or better I will be happy. I feel like I need another 5 degrees to be able to go down stairs comfortably and not feel like I'm going to trip and fall. So, that's my happy news for today :)
 
@grr82cu2 Awesome Awesome I get gel nails too. I just got mine done as they were way over due and got a pedi too so they look good to who ever is wrenching that end around for surgery. Got hair cut and colored that awful gray is gone Now just go to OS on Tuesday and already for surgery Gulp, I think
 
@tiredwife Thank you! It sure felt great :)

@madinana I can't stand it when my grays start popping out. Ugh! I think mine show more because my hair is dark. I just don't think I could ever go blonde or a light color. I've always had darker hair and the color I have now I can do myself. To go blonde I would have to have someone do it for me I think and that gets expensive when you have to color so often. In the past week I've also had a hair cut and then the nails done. I feel like I'm finally getting put back together, LOL. Just in time for round 2!! Ding, ding, ding!!! I'm sure you'll do great with knee #2.
 
@gr82cu2 That picture is an older one. My hair is about the same length as @tiredwife. I got dark with a few highlights. From all the mowing I did my hair got pretty blond by the sun. So now its back to darker brown. I treat myself to hairdresser with it being long. My hair had not been done since July so the gray was really showing So am good for a bit but will be late again due Mr right knee
 
Woot! I just got back from PT where I measured 120 on flexion!! I went in very stiff and sore but rode the recumbent bike and then Michelle got out her tools and worked over some muscles and viola! I have no idea if it will last but it felt good to finally hear 120 come out of her mouth. To be fair, I was only 118 on my own and she gave a little push to get the 120 but last Friday I was at 110 even with her pushing and I had been stuck there for about 5 weeks or so. If I can get just 5 more and stay at 125 or better I will be happy. I feel like I need another 5 degrees to be able to go down stairs comfortably and not feel like I'm going to trip and fall. So, that's my happy news for today :)
That's great news. I'm very happy for you!! I've been stuck at 114 and 108 range for quite awhile, I would be dancing up a storm for 120 - so I know just how thrilled you must be. Plus, you now give me hope that it will happen for me too someday!! Great job!!
 
I bet right now it wouldn't bend anywhere near to 120 but I was telling a friend on facebook that it still feels great emotionally because I did bend it that far so that means it is there whether it's there all the time or not. I was beginning to think I would never progress past 110 and be stuck there forever. @ljrfrm you will get there too! Keep the faith :)
 
I have a lot of gray as well but sure don't want it showing lol
I know, right? I started coloring my hair when I was around 30 just for fun, but by the time I was 40 it wasn't for fun anymore! Both of my grandmas had snow white hair so I blame them. You know how some people look fantastic with gray hair? That wouldn't be me!
 
@gr82cu2 :wow:Janet!! That is awesome!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. You have worked so hard for this!!!
Sometimes I am tempted to get my nails done again. I do go in once a month for a pedicure. I used to go to a cheaper place, but once I had my first knee replacement, I go to my hairdressers. They are a little more expensive but very clean and I always worry about infection.
I get my hair cut and colored every four weeks. It gets to be very expensive. I think I'm going to try to wait for five weeks. It with my hair so short, one week can really make a difference.
 
@Yorkimom Hi Anne, thanks for dropping in. I slept till 9:45 this morning. I could hardly believe it. When I woke up Kent was gone on a walking photography tour near downtown Indianapolis he has signed up for. I did wake up once to potty around 6 am and fell right back to sleep. But, once I got up I felt like I had pulled a muscle way up high on the inside of my thigh. I swear it never ends. One thing, then another. Otherwise, I've had a quiet day and have been catching up on the House Hunters I have on dvr.

@Mcdclaims You'll get there! This is just such a frustrating recovery with all the ups and downs and slow, slow, slow progress. I went out for lunch by myself just to get out of the house for a bit and there were people at 2 other tables nearby. One of the guys got a phone call and I could over hear him telling the person his knee was coming along, etc. When they got up to leave a man at the other table asked him if he had had his knee replaced and he said, yes 3 weeks ago. So, the man that asked him proceeded to tell him he had had his knee replaced and 6 months later walked 16 miles around Mt. Saint Helens. I doubt he wanted to hear that 3 weeks post op and I know I didn't, LOL! Happy for him but that seems impossible right now. Maybe the next 3 months of recovery will bring great things to us. Hang in there!
 
@gr82cu2 sounds like you had a wonderful night sleeping. You probably slept funny to have muscle pain in your thigh you didn't have before, try to gently massage it and hopefully it will go away. Have a good rest do your weekend. Anne
 
@gr82cu2 - I agree that it seems like 2 steps forward, then 1 step backwards. I often wonder if the ROM the PT people achieve for us by pushing is actually accurate because I can never get that on my own. But, every day is different, and I know yesterday and the day before my pain was off the charts, yet I woke up today to a "2". Who knows what happened over night to make the difference.
I had acrylic nails on until about 3 months ago. When I confirmed I was retiring, I decided to reduce my expenses. I miss the longevity that acrylic nails offer re: nail polish staying on and not chipping.

Robyn
 
@Yorkimom I'm feeling better now. I took 2 Tramadol earlier which seemed to help the thigh pain but then I started getting shooting pains in my knee cap. Probably nerve pain. So, I put on my NMES and it's doing it's thing. It really does help. I should remember to use it more often for pain relief. Anne I keep wanting to remember to show you this picture of my sister's yorkie. He's a tea cup party time yorkie and the cutest thing ever!

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!


@MotownGirl66 I'm glad to hear your pain was/is better today. This is one crazy recovery, huh? Makes no sense at all. Every other surgery I've ever had was a pretty straight line to recovery but this one is all over the place. I love my acrylic nails and it is about the one and only selfish thing I do for myself. And hubby likes them :wink: He always has said I have pretty hands. Maybe that's why he married me. He sure didn't marry me for my legs, LOL!!
 
@gr82cu2 glad you're thigh pain has eased up. I remember the shooting pains and they are no fun. My OS gives us Gabapentin for nerve pain. I take one at night for 30 days. It is wonderful and I cringe when I think about it ending in another week and a half. I'm glad you have NMES to help. I've never had one of those.
Your sister's Yorkie is adorable!!! Being a tea cup I'm sure he is really tiny. How much does he weigh? Rusty weighs 6 lbs. and is as small as I want to go. There are times he gets under foot and we practically trip to keep from stepping on him. I can't tell you how much I love him. Although I say that about all my dogs. I can't walk down the street and see a dog and not stop. I absolutely love dogs. I like cats too, but with our allergies I'm not around them anymore. Hope you have a restful night. Anne
 
@Yorkimom I think Jake weighs about 5 pounds. He looks bigger because his hair is so fluffy but he's teeny. She got him for free when he was a few months old. She's a rural mail carrier and was delivering mail to a lady one day and the lady was out in her yard with the puppy and Carol (my sister) commented how cute he was. My sister's dog had recently died. Anyway, the lady told her she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to keep him because her other dog that was elderly hadn't eaten in the week she had the puppy. Carol was kidding of course but told the lady if she needed to rehome him she would take him :) The next day when Carol was delivering her mail the lady came out and asked her if she really wanted him. She wouldn't take anything for him (she claimed she had paid $800 for him) and she even gave Carol his kennel, a play pen she had bought for him and all his toys! I like dogs but we've never had one. When we were both working it would have been hard to leave a dog all day. Cats are so laid back and easy. Our boys only have cats too and we help each other out taking care of each other's when we travel. They can go a few days at a time and don't require someone to be around every day. It works out great.
 
@gr82cu2 Good morning Janet! Yes, cats are much easier than dogs as you can leave them for a few days. As long as they have food, water and their litter box, they are fine. A year before my daughter, Jodi, was married she was in a car accident. She was a member of the wedding party of a friend and was sitting in the back of the limo on the way to the church. A car hit them and she was thrown from the back to the front. She appeared to be ok, as was everyone else, and the wedding went on as scheduled. The next day she was in horrible pain, and to make a long story short, she had to keep having shots in her back, etc. during her recovery. She couldn't so anything, so good ole mom would go to her place, clean the house and clean out the litter boxes...she had two cats. Then the next year she got married and within two months she was pregnant. Of course she couldn't have anything to do with the litter boxes and her husband was an &$$hole, so again for the next eight months I cleaned out the litter boxes. After all of that, I was sort of glad that Marc was allergic to cats and we couldn't have any....although I do love them. I have had dogs all my life and just can't imagine not having one in my life.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom